So what builds can take advantage of the season 20 buff?

Obviously most necro builds. I also see that some PoJ monks are taking advantage of it. I’m curious about what other builds can take advantage of it.

Necro is certainly in the list. He cleared GR150 in party with Poison Nova buiild.

How about Wizard? I am thinking to roll Wizard for S20 but at the same time, if I can’t utilize the seasonal theme, then it is pointless as hell, and might as well just play non-season.

1 Like

Necros and supports. That’s it. This is why it is the worst season theme ever…

7 Likes

Crusader can, double/triple up on the shields

Think you will see a lot of chars that can take advantage of it, you will just have to wait for the season to start. Try not to listen to people that spend more time in the forums then in game.

2 Likes

Agreed. It only benefits 1 class’s dps specs.

2 Likes

Outside the necro, just a couple of rando off meta things.

1 Like

Possibly, but you have to acknowledge that season ptr clears are done in a very short period of time and are likely trying to use the theme. This doesn’t necessarily mean they will out perform current top builds.

Regardless, I think this theme is very exclusionary since many classes are locked to specific items for functionality or don’t have access to blanket damage modifiers like necro does.

You might see some new setups like the sader you mentioned sneak into the top ranks and speed setups will surely change, but overall most classes can’t utilize this theme.

1 Like

It’s fine if necro can take more advantage of it than other classes imo. Even a few fringe builds taking advantage of it is cool too. But necro especially gets so much more build diversity. Bone spear and death nova benefit from it so much.

LOD hydra uses all weps in cube but really isnt that powerful since the nerf

You could play LOD Hydra + Meteor or LOD Hydra + Twister or some fast T16 95-105 Gr speed Builds with Hydra/Meteor/Twister/Explosive Blast. There is a lot to try if you want, too.

I haven’t tried the Aughilds variant of S6 yet, since it provides more survivability you might be able to swap Aquila for Echoing Fury or CoE.

Can anyone comment on that?

Only benefits 1 classes popular dps spec. Plenty of LOD builds can make use of the seasonal theme.

Also, people put too much stock in CoE, when there are other legendaries they can take that benefit them more in terms of damage… its a 40-50% damage gain overall, and some classes have other items that would benefit them more. People will find out different builds and ways to use the cube as time goes on. But nobody is currently looking outside of the “main variants” of builds.

Please share it. I have heard many people said this but never give the example or info to back it up.

Their is over 1 thousand possible builds! If you plan NORMAL. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No, even with Aughild you still need Aquila. I managed to reach 120 solo using both and I was still dying a few times.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it will mix up pet builds. I can just see the pet speeds with 3 Tasker and Theo equipped, plus one on the character. Or 3 Cloak of the Garwulf on a Demon hunter for 9( 12 if one equipped) wolves. Really considering running a Marauder Demon Hunter this season.

1 Like

No, it has already been stated items in cube are not self additive or multiplicative - one of each item only.

1 Like

Still only one of each. You could however, have a Tasker and Theo, Jiren’s Mask, Cloak of Garwulf, etc. since you normally only have a single armor slot.

I don’t think DH’s can use Mask of Jeram. It’s a Voodoo mask.

2 Likes

Well, off the top of my head, more LOD classes can make use of 2 weapons in cube for better uptime on their major CDs, such as Messerschmidt’s Reaver, or In-geom. Personally, I plan on using 2 LOD crusader builds in season 20. One for GR pushes, the other for speed farming (GRs/bounties/regs)

The biggest issue with this seasonal theme? Is that people can’t think for themselves and rely on cookie cutter d3planner/youtube builds, instead of just joining PTR and testing stuff out. Let alone USING d3planner themselves to create a build and then simulate it. Or think “hmm, if i take DR here, here and here, I should be able to survive while also doing XYZ to do damage” People are lazy with this game and want to complain about the seasonal theme, while also doing ZERO prep on their own to figure out what they can do to modify their build, or play a different build and push it to its limits. Stop focusing on the leaderboard and trying to place top 5. You’re not gonna. Bots are going to beat you every.single.time. Just like every other season. Just enjoy the game and use the armory to switch between sets for what you’re doing. It’s not hard to use your brain.