So uh, we have a workaround for stash yet?

More characters?

Ancient unlocked kanais recipes?

Can we have something as we add 2 more sets to the game?

Thanks

15 Likes

Blizzard walks up to the stove and pulls the Diablo 3 development pot off the back burner, checks to see if the water is boiling, notes that the burner is set to “warm” and places the pot back…
“Nope, nothing else new… Just the same old brew.”

3 Likes

The workaround for stash is to buy another account.

That only works if you multibox. Otherwise, it’s worthless as a suggestion.

1 Like

So far I have room yet. But I know not everyone does. And yes, I would like to see a fix for this that doesn’t require HOOPS to get them. I’m tired of chasing cheese.

Game on.

2 Likes

Half the reason I play seasonal now is just to avoid all the inventory management I’d have to do just to begin playing non season.

3 Likes

Yeah, cause when the season ends you don’t have to go through this debacle, maybe multiplied.

I recently went on a cleaning streak… sorta. A bit more clean now, but more stash space would be appreciated. At the very least this game has x characters to play with, with x amount of sets for each. Granted - most of them sets are “unplayable”, but still.

1 Like

To be fair, I also typically only last about a month at most into a season then quit again until the next, at this point.

So yeah, that debacle, even multiplied, isn’t an issue =)

yes stop hoarding and learn to manage your inventory

11 Likes

With maxed out tabs and character slots, you have ample room for 60+ builds with no shared pieces between them. Who is playing 60 builds? Or even 30?

Face it; your inventory is filled with items you have never once equipped on a character and never will.

6 Likes

Nope. Buy second account run both on same computer, or do like I do and run each account on it’s own computer, networking them so that both games play on my dual monitor set up. It makes for much smoother game play on the primary account. Multiboxing is not required to do it this way.

I’m sure even if there were more space players would still fill them up.

It really is just a matter of space management and reduced hoarding. I was in the position of having very little space and yesterday went through and cleared out and reorganized the space I had (I have the maximum stash tabs) preparing for season 21.

It wasn’t that long ago we had to store all of our materials in the space as well - that freed up a decent amount of space at the time.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s called “stop hoarding useless trash”.

Lol implying that neither are insta-trash.

2 Likes

People have already done solo GR150 clears with the new DH set.
I wish all the classes had such a “trash” set.

7 Likes

You do realize that multiboxing isn’t defined only as using one computer and multiple apps on the same computer, right? Using two computers with one person is also multiboxing. Regardless how you try to sell it, it’s multiboxing whether you’re running both accounts on the same computer or differen’t computers.

2 Likes

I would prefer 2 or 3 more character slots. Each of my toons wears a set and carries one or two sets. And the armory holds the builds for pretty much every set because at one time that every set had at least one patch where it was the top set.

If a set was a top build once, it will be again as sets and items get buffed. Trashing best in slot of sets that are no longer OP and then having to find them again when they get buffed is really time consuming.

The extra character slots would carry new gear and I could save multiple builds of new sets in the armory

• T16 Rift build
  • Bounty build
  • Low GR (15-90) speed Build gem augments (under 2min clears)
  • Mid to Upper GR speed build for gem augments
  • Solo Push build
  • Public GR build (solo builds that wear Unity that have to be changed for pubs)
  • Meta builds

Oh look, it’s the stash space topic again!

See if you can find the typical characters found in all such conversations:

• The actual hoarder: “Oh, another Primal Star of Azkaranth, my 4th one. I better keep it, despite already having a very good one for support, while it always rolls bad for dps”.
    Usually a casual player, his mantra is “I have no idea if Nailbiter is used in any builds, but it’s ancient and shows +3.9% damage when compared to my equipped Thunderfury”. Equal chance of being 800 paragons or 4.5k paragons, it’s a state of mind not bound to the in-game experience.
    Note: for some reason he rolls a socket on all of his off-hands.

• The “it doesn’t affect my playstyle, but I will furiously defend my opinion against people who are actually having a problem” guy: “Stop hoarding guys! Learn to store your items, there’s plenty of space! for 1 million builds!”.
    A casual player in denial, thinks he knows best, but he is perfectly happy with non-ancient items, he augments ancient boots that have Life Regeneration, has one mediocre Strongarms bracer with secondary “XP per kill” that he will happily move around different characters because “Why would I need multiple ones?”.
    Usually found in the 1.5k-3.5k paragon range, the stash will always have enough space for him, because he cannot comprehend the concept of people playing the game at a higher level than his and therefore having increased requirements.

• The accidental hoarder: “That’s a nice trifecta Traveller’s Pledge with 19% Lightning! Don’t I already have a Lightning Traveller’s Pledge though? Can’t remember in which mule I keep it… bah, I’ll keep the new one and I will salvage the worst of the two later” (hint: “later” never comes)
    A higher paragon player, he wouldn’t be a hoarder if the game had a proper, universal Search function, across all characters+stash. Or if he had more time to go through his duplicates.
    He understands why the Valor Crusader needs to have gloves with Area Damage for Solo and 2P pushes, and Attack Speed instead of Area Damage for 4P Boss Killer builds. Also, even though he understands the need for having different Frostburn gloves with/without LPH, secondary resistance, etc. he has not realised that he ran out of stash space because 6 of his 9 Frostburns are essentially duplicates and can be salvaged. And that’s because they’re spread across a dozen mules.

• The disgruntled D2 player who hates D3 and currently plays PoE: “Lol you still play this garbage game?”. Usually in the lower paragon range, he has no stakes in the stash space issue, but will still offer his opinion on all topics anyway.

Happy hunting!

22 Likes

Honestly, I think the 17 character slots we have is enough…

Want space look a the characters you have not played for 6 months. Delete them and their gear as you obviously do not need them. If there are any common ancients or primals used by any and all keep those on a character you are using. Get rid of crap like set dungeon pages, black mushrooms, rainbow potions etc… (still have never found a gibbering gemstone after many many runs in the caverns of frost) Delete Leg potions you are not going to use. Get rid of gems below marquis. Augment with all your “spare” duplicate leg gems (how many boon of the horder gems do you need?) Get rid of infernal machines (unless fighting uber bosses) Set 1 tab per class (if you play each class) and you will still have tabs left for gems, primals you are keeping and other crap you can ultimately cycle through. At the end of a season…replace any better gear you found and trash the rest. If done with augments trash all leg gems as there is not need to keep what you are not using. Ask yourself with each item “Does this make me happy?” In my case my next steps are to trash my WD, Sader, and Barb. The DH I am not playing, and my Wiz. I just don’t find those classes as fun as the others as a result I can also clear specific gear for them. Very simple.

I’d say the workaround is perhaps you have stuff you truly do not need—especially if you basically only play season. If you really do not play in the non-season, then how much space do you actually need? I bring over a ton of crap that I got from every season, but inevitably I just end up deleting/breaking down most of it because I’ll be starting from scratch in a couple weeks anyway.