So do we want more changes or not?

Perfectly aware of that.

…No, there aren’t. That’s just a fact. A strict remaster realm and a “modern” realm is something that can be done, but that doesn’t magically satisfy everyone. It’s merely an option. Everybody has a different idea of what changes should make it into the game. Nothing more to say here.

Whatever you say brother. To me, there are two generalized groups of players. I just detailed them.

NO MORE CHANGES!!! keep it as close to the og as possible

1 Like

Create a modern ladder and a classic Lord of Destruction ladder. Done.

5 Likes

Yes, such small changes too! That stuff couldn’t ruin the game. In fact, it wont make or break the game, yet we have to hear constantly that the game is “doomed” and can’t thrive if we don’t get them. Much hyperbole, indeed.

1 Like

For each of these, I can point to a thread (and in some cases huge threads with lots of responses) where forum members claimed that each ruined the game. How many threads exist about the amazons face and how many players claimed to have refunded D2R because of it? You can not even see the amazon’s face clearly when playing D2R since it is an isometric view.

The “Top” thread in the D2R forum of all time is this one.

Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly? - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

The OP of that thread has 520 likes.

2 Likes

The fact is that only some months ago you wanted the whole game gets changes where we purists told then make seperate realm. Your answer was back then why split playerbase? Now you want the same what we told back then. You can change your opinion rly fast. You feel it Micro right? Deep inside you already struggling cus you slowly but surely realizng that you dont get easy mode ploot.

1 Like

I would prefer not splitting the playerbase; however, I realized that it would be impossible for the purists and progressives to coexist peacefully in the same realm. As these forums illustrate, there is too much hostility between these divergent viewpoints.

Also, I talked about a separate game mode since at least February 28 so I do not know why you think I recently flipped/flopped my position. See:

Diablo II Resurrected is a ___ REMASTER ___ - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

All I want is windowed fullscreen so I can unlock my mouse from that monitor without tabbing out.

2 Likes

Thats true. There are ppl who realize what
“Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”
means and there are ppl who dont.

Muling is also a part of classic gameplay you love.

A strict remaster realm meets that definition. If I asked for the modern realm to replace the strict remaster than you would have a point. Since I advocate to have two realms: strict remaster and modern real with more options, your point is moot.

1 Like

Seperate game mode means you wanted at game creation to decide what changes are in the game. That means the players are still on the same realm but now you you want different realm. Yep your opnion is getting flipped/flopped.

1 Like

Here is what I wrote back in February.

If at character creation, it would just be like selecting hardcore/softcore, ladder/non-ladder, and would be a separate game mode. You can not play a hardcore character in softcore. Your non-ladder character can not play ladder. Separate game modes.

I said A or B back in February. Since I have realized that A is not an option for some time, I have consistently advocated for B afterwards.

1 Like

Just wish I could use the same shield in both weapon slots as a one-handed melee player, doesn’t make sense to have a badass sword and shield, and just because you want to switch to javelin, your character has to put away the shield too and switch to a crappier one.

Yeah and you was loud on not split playerbase so A was your favorite.

Flipp/flopp

How do you reach this conclusion, since I said Blizzard can decide? Reading this statement from February as shown below, it sounds like I do not really care which was implemented and said let Blizzard decide.

On March 2, I wrote:

So I think your idea that I am against splitting the playerbase is not based in reality.

1 Like

I have no problem with mules. Just spoiled d3 grown up players. But shared stash is also not changing the gameplay cus its serves the same goal as mules (bigger inventory but you can move items easier). On the other hand like immunity or ploot cryers are different thing.

Micro,

Since you and many others have referenced the poll quite often and you want split realms, would it be fair to say we can have a strict remaster realm and a modern realm without personal-loot? Since that wasn’t as popular as some of the other choices. In fact, a pretty large majority of people didn’t want personal-loot at all unless there was a caveat, which there is no reason to believe there would be one. It only seems reasonable that the majority “yes” changes get passed into such a realm. Or would the modern realm be more like a wild west realm where they just throw in changes willy-nilly? I don’t think so.

Anyway, this would be perfect for me.

I think the modern realm can have more optional changes. The most popular would be cow king kill reset.

In terms of the question about the loot system, 39% of respondents wanted to keep the game FFA only. The rest were either unsure (12%) or wanted one of 2 personal loot options.

I do not support a wild west realm where changes are thrown in willy-nilly.