So do we want more changes or not?

After playing some time I still would appreciate if they would balance the game more.

I know I know it is just a Remaster not a Remake but still. I can understand that VV wont do the step in this deep deep hole of balancing D2 LoD, especially when I can imagine that Activision send them to the next project.

But how do u think about it?

Sry english is not my first language.

9 Likes

For full launch I just want to see the basics put back in for a start, I want to see all the people in the lobby instead of empty space, I want to see D2 style trade lobbies and create/join game sections in the lobby and text chat, this is VITAL.

I hope they start with the basics and work up.,

18 Likes

i would also like some change / more optional QOL.

as for “remaster / remake” it’s a rather ambiguous term , there is tons of game that are simply “remaster” and that add quiet a lot of things to the original game without being a “remake”.

it just fit the definition that the person that uses it want it to be , but in the end there is no clear definition of remaster since in the video game industry even remaster sometime adds a lot of thing whereas some don’t.

I’d take some minor balancing changes and anything else they want to add. Mostly against directly changing existing systems.

I’m not picky though, I’ll take whatever they give us or not, I’m going to enjoy the game no matter what.

5 Likes

I absolutely think it needs changes to survive. People will adjust quickly to the new graphics, the hype will die, and there has even been loss of functionality in some regards and removal of things that should have stayed.

5 Likes

only if they make the game more challenging.

6 Likes

I definitely don´t want any gameplay related changes at all.

Changing some of the character models and making some enemy models less prude is the only thing I could wish for.

2 Likes

This. In the middle of A2 I used to new graphics completely). I had to switch to old engine to remind myself what it looked like). So QoL are vital.

2 Likes

A strict remaster realm and a separate modern realm with more optional changes.

3 Likes

And then everyone except 3.5 purists will go to modern realm. And then purists will blame modern realm for murder of their sweet cozy Diablo).

5 Likes

So what?

If the modern realm proves more popular, it demonstrates unequivocally, it should have been introduced. If the modern realm proves to be a ghost town, then no one can argue that it is splitting the playerbase away from the strict remaster realm.

There is no compelling argument in my mind against giving the players the option to choose for themselves rather than having “purists” demand only strict remaster for their entertainment preferences that apparently is in opposition to the majority of the playerbase.

9 Likes

There was a poll somewhere that basically detailed where the majority of the community’s desires resided. They wanted change. They wanted the game to grow and thrive.

5 Likes

This again? I’ve made plenty of arguments, but when we finally get down to the nitty-gritty, and I’ve made my points, you have nothing to say. Now this is going to be totally de-railed by a discussion about more realms just for personal-loot, like every other thread.

Most people don’t want a “strict” remaster, they want some QoL changes, which we are getting. Stop acting like there are two distinct groups of people here.

Actually, I never mentioned personal loot in this thread (except in this post in this sentence). You are the one who brought it up. I simply said “more optional changes”.

3 Likes

There in fact ARE two distinct groups of people here. The solution is to have a modern ladder and one for the purists.

Group #1: This group wants the game as it is now, but obviously polished.

Group #2: This group wants the game to grow even more, become more modern, and thrive with content updates, things to do, balance changes to builds that are literally impossible to play (summon Druid, etc).

If this isn’t two distinct groups to you, then I have no idea what to tell you.

4 Likes

When I open the topic, where in all seriousness people tell how loot filter will ruin Diablo, I can’t acting other way.

Sorry for bad English.

There is alot of hyperbole.

Shared stash ruins the game.
Larger storage tabs ruin the game.
Optional auto-gold pickup ruins the game.
21:9 screen resolution ruins the game.
The amazon’s face ruins the game.
Etc…

The fact is that these things do not ruin the game.

6 Likes

Perfectly aware of that.

…No, there aren’t. That’s just a fact. A strict remaster realm and a “modern” realm is something that can be done, but that doesn’t magically satisfy everyone. It’s merely an option. Everybody has a different idea of what changes should make it into the game. Nothing more to say here.

Whatever you say brother. To me, there are two generalized groups of players. I just detailed them.

NO MORE CHANGES!!! keep it as close to the og as possible

1 Like