So can it run on win7 dx11?

Or is it dx 12?

I don’t want to buy another damn windows…
Leave me alone with that bulls.

Did anyone heard of someone being able to play it on win7. Presuming they have a good vcard (1660 super gt I think) and i7 4770k
Or am I screwed and I need to get me a windows 10.

I don’t want to be bummed on the open beta when I run the application…

Anyone knows. Heard. Plz

3 Likes

You need windows 10 but you can upgrade it for free you don’t need to buy anything

3 Likes

D2:Resurrected requires DirectX 12, which is only available on Windows 10 and the soon to be released Windows 11.

First check to see if your system hardware specifications meet the minimum hardware requirements for Diablo 2:Resurrected:

If so, as ezcyberpup mentioned, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free. I recommend backing up your data before proceeding just in case something goes wrong.

Go to the following website to get started:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2 Likes

For the past 5 years you can upgrade for free, no need to buy windows 10.

4 Likes

Windows 7 is out of support since the beginning of 2021.
That means that you will not get any important updates for your operating system from its vendor anymore.

Hacking attacks are not as rare as you might think and running an operating system that is not receiving frequent security patches is a good way to catch unwanted malware on your computer.

As said above, windows 10 is a free upgrade. It is certainly better invested time to migrate to a maintained software than having to restore your encrypted HDD/SSD from some extortionist group.

1. You should stop using Windows 7 ASAP

After January 14, 2020, you’ll effectively be using a dead operating system. While your PC will continue to work, you’ll be stuck with an operating system that no longer gets patched. If someone finds a nasty bug or security vulnerability in Windows 7, they could easily take advantage of it, putting you at risk.

It also means new software will likely not work on Windows 7 PCs, which means you’re missing out on new features. Again, if there are bugs and security vulnerabilities in Windows 7 versions of the programs and applications you use, these may never get fixed.

Even ignoring the fact that Windows 7 is now in its End of Life phase, you should stop using such an old operating system, anyway. While Windows 10 isn’t perfect, it introduces features and tools that you’re missing out on by using outdated software.

That “new software” the article is talking about is Diablo 2: Resurrected btw.

Since updates constantly mess up my PC on Win 10 I’d say that’s an advantage.
Honestly disabling updates on Win10 has been a terrible journey. Took forever to find the right method.

2 Likes

show me where it says dx12?
didn’t see at all dx requirement.

found on some website, that its dx11.

any verified assessment?

You mean apart from the fact that the OS that runs DX11 is out of service?

Anyways, these are the requirements for WC3: Reforged. Which is of course technically different, but it might give you a perspective on how much back-compatibility blizzard had in mind for it.

And here i would assume that W7 support also means DX11 support. But you will have to wait for the beta/release to find out.

||Minimum Requirements|Recommended Specifications|
| — | — | — |
|Operating System|Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest version)|Windows® 10 64-bit (latest version)|
|Processor|Intel® Core® i3-530 or AMD™ Phenom™ II X4 910 or better|Intel® Core™ i5-6400 or AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X or better|
|Video|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 or AMD Radeon™ HD 5750 or better|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ R9 280X or better|
|Memory|4 GB RAM|8 GB RAM|
|Storage|30 GB HD space|
|Internet|Broadband Internet connection|
|Input|Keyboard and mouse|
|Resolution|800 x 600 minimum display resolution|

I also still have a Windows 7 running for some special programs, but you can easily run Win7 and Win10 dual mode. But for that you have to buy a separate new license for Windows 10. And I think to make it work properly together with Win7, you need the Pro. Version.
The problem is that Windows 10 also has more and more system requirements and sometimes doesn’t run on older hardware!
I do not even want to talk about the nonsensical requirements for Windows 11…

… are very similar to Windows 10, actually.

Nope, they are not… you need TMP 2.0 and Secure Boot and min. 8. generation Intel CPU or newer Ryzen. I’m in Insider Preview.
Only after many people complained, MS offered a possibility (in the future) that the requirements will be lowered a bit.
But this is Off Topic… sorry…

Windows 10 is free right now. I mean it’ll still ask you for a key but as I understand it, it doesn’t kick you after 30 days.

win10 downloaded…now my usb hub is not recognized because its “too old”.

also…I’ll ask this on another thread.

Step 1. Make sure your USB is formatted to fat32.

Step 2. Download and install the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft onto the USB, that is 8gigs or larger.

Step 3. Go into your BIOS and make sure you have UEFI boot enabled, and that your USB is placed ahead of any hard drives. Otherwise, it will ignore your USB and boot straight into windows.

Step 4. Make sure the USB port is not 3.0. A lot of people have issues with a perfectly formatted USB stick and UEFI settings enabled, and the boot order set correctly, but because it’s USB 3.0 it doesn’t pick it up and they just boot into windows.

thanks a bunch!
I’ll check it out!

W10 should be purchased.
We need to assimilate.
Submit and be at peace.

A.’.A.’.

I;ve upgraded via the tool link. didn’t use the usb.
no need for usb since i didn’t format my hdd(even though i should, I have like zillion things installed and i have time to mess around for days installing them all back).
also-the windows 10 notification gave me a notice that he can’t use the hub since its too old, or not supported…something in the line of that

1 Like

I can’t upgrade my pc. When installing win 10 its giving me a boot error or something on 52% and then its getting reverted to win 7 again.
Next year i will buy new pc with win 10 on board but currently prices are to high for me.

If you have the misfortune to be forced to go to dumpster 10, I recommend you get pro. Windows 10 home is a pain in the something, too shut off anti virus, updates, can’t use remote desktop, hard to get around things you don’t want. With pro though you can block everything.

There is also a program that works kinda well, it’s called shut up windows 10. I agree I wish I could of stayed on 7, I wanted a 10700k though instead of a 6700k. Windows 10 is the worst.

I would also like to request Windows 7 support. Please back me up here if you can

3 Likes