So Bliz, are you going to give back the Necro a minions set?

So, can we hope next season you will do something about it? Its sad, we all bought the necro pack because we had in mind it would be a cool minion class, but now, with your obsession of shoving Army of the Dead, which was a skill nobody was really using, you broke all minions damages with your constant patching.

Jesseth set is no longer useful, command skeletons, golems, revive no longer have a use except for a number counts for AotD, only mid interesting minion build is LoD Skeletal mage build. Really, whats next?

Funny thing, on the main page of the necromancer on your website Diablo III the description on the top right section ā€˜ Key Features ā€˜ . COMMANDER OF THE DEAD

Terrifying golems, skeleton warriors and mages march at the necromancerā€™s whim. On command, these loyal troops assault a single enemy in unison, overwhelming individual foes with sheer numbers. Necromancers can use their throngs of undead to create diversions, or to simply open a path for their master to escape to safety.

Its no longer true! We bought a pack for having fun with an undead army, and now its just one freakin skill.

Cmon change it back, or give us a new set like the old Rathma, christ im not even wishing for a top tier set, a good low tier, TXVI will do the job! Remember the description of the 6 pieces? Each active Skeletal mages increases the damage of your minions by 1000% up to 4000%? Was it hard to boost or make a little change on how your minions do damage rather than destroying that fun factor and so we just constant spam army of the dead?

No :angry: Next cool pet class is going to be the Crusader whit Phalanx added to the armor of Akkhan set. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But in all seriousness. All they have to do is add a line in the Rathma set that adds perma minions dmg buff after casting AotD.

1 Like

Use Legacy of Dreams gem and do a thorns set up, Necro becomes a pet oriented class with Command Skeletons for example. For Golem and Revive, you have to be creative and perhaps use LoN with Gizzard gem instead of LoD gem.
You have what you need already; all you had to do was being a bit creative. Golem and Revive related legendary items are a plenty and all you had to do is trial and error to find a setup that you are comfortable with.

It wonā€™t push GR tiers high for sure as you ought to have enough space to spare utility for such raw power, comfort of position and increased range coming from mass of pets. If you ask to get to climb GR150 easily under 3 mins while your pets doing all the work, that ainā€™t gonna happen as far as I can tell.
No interaction or positioning requirement is a downfall for power gripe at Greater Rifts and such setups always fall into the low tiers. Player effort requirement is one of the pillars for power creep of every build you can think of.

Not sure it will work, they will do only more damage during aotd, which will again constantly need you to spam aotd. Seriously i dont know, i just know they destroyed a fun set and im still pissed about it. Its pretty simple, look at Zunimassa set, enemy hit by your mana spender takes 15000% damage for 8 second. Giving the necro the same thing would be just great.

1 Like

Yeah I meant the buff would apply AFTER the cast and it would last untill the CD is over. So you donā€™t need to roll CD on every piece of equipement.

Yes.
I do.
And I think they may be required to.

Well you see, its not what im asking. Not looking to hit 150gr with a pet class, i just want one where they do fun damage. The thorn build im not sure, are only command skeletons will do torn damage or skeletal mage, revive and golem also do torn damage? The idea of a thorn buld im not crazy about it, guess its worth a try, but still wish a set was made for this.

Heā€™s referring to more of mechanics used for helltooth rather than zunimassa.

Helltooth Harness
6P) After casting Wall of Death, gain 17500% increased damage for 15 seconds to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death.

Flagged him anyway. His ideas always stink and they never go anywhere.

What in the world is ā€œfun damageā€?

I guess they meant, enough dmg to actually kill stuff.

Probably meant ā€œEffective damageā€ or as another game that i know of would refer to it as ā€œItā€™s super effective!ā€ (Sorry got a bit lost in nostalgia).

1 Like

Well, fun damage could be something more that just making one skill do the damage, diversity of skills combination which make it fun to play. The AoTD build is just do your damage with this skill, your skeletons, revive dont do anything, they just count as a number to boost the skill.

I wrote a proposal to make Rathma compatible with Perma Revive Thorns

It would be nice. I loved playing Necro on D2 and it was such a disappointment to see the class so nerfed in Diablo 3.

1 Like

Yes, that said, one of the things I donā€™t like in Diablo 2 is you need mana to explode corpses, and their limited radius. It feels ackward considering of seamless is the Diablo 3 mechanic on this. But clearly speaking numbers Diablo 2 Resurrected is impressive, as you can raise a huge army of undeads (70+).

I also made a new proposal if you want to take a look:

The thing is i feel D2 as kind of age a bit for my taste, and what they did to the necro by patching him up like this, well, you dont really feel yournplaying a necro from D2 nowā€¦l oh well, perhaps a future patch will give us something cool to play with.