S26 Proposal - Bone Prison + Skeletal Warriors

4K Poster

https://i.ibb.co/yXTvMp4/skeletons-bone-prison.jpg

Bone Prison

Attacks have a 15% chance to pull at location untrapped enemies within 60 yards and trap them in a Bone Prison for 3 seconds. 10 seconds cooldown.

Eternal Jail

Legendary One-Handed Scythe - Requires Level 11
When trapped in a Bone Prison, enemies resistance to Bone Prison and Knockback effects decreases by 15% per second. Each hit they take have a 15% chance to increase these effects duration by 1 second, up to 7 seconds. (Necromancer Only) [0-30]%
When captivity means eternity

Lamentation of the Fleshless

Legendary Two-Handed Scythe - Requires Level 70
Enemies trapped in a Bone Prison take 200% increased damage and 6 times this bonus as weapon damage from your Skeletal Warriors. When their target dies, they are commanded to attack a nearby target.
(Necromancer Only) [50-350]%
As death sons, skeletons rule on bone prisons

Explainer

Attacks have a 15% chance to pull at location untrapped enemies within 60 yards and trap them in a Bone Prison for 3 seconds. 10 seconds cooldown

• Bone Prison allows enemies to attack (thorns friendly)
  • Bone Prison synergizes with Krysbin’s Sentence 300%
  • Pull synergizes with Strongarm Bracers and Area Damage

When trapped in a Bone Prison, enemies resistance to Bone Prison and Knockback effects decreases by 15% per second.

• Decrease Bone Prison and Knockback resistance
  • Bosses and juggernauts become sensitive after a couple of seconds

Each hit they take have a [0-30]% chance to increase these effects duration by 1 second, up to 7 seconds.

• Extend current Bone Prison duration
  • Extend current Knockback effects duration (Strongarm Bracers)

Enemies trapped in a Bone Prison take [50-350]% increased damage

• Up to 350% increased damage (thorns friendly)

and 6 times this bonus as weapon damage from your Skeletal Warriors

• Up to 2,100% increased weapon damage from your Skeletal Warriors
  • 2,100 + 350 = 2,450% weapon damage (thorns do not apply 2,100)

When their target dies, they are commanded to attack a nearby target

• Jesseth Arms first power (auto Command Skeletons)

Lol…how did your last 10 proposals go?

Take a hint, pack it in.

3 Likes

At least I propose.

Criticism is easy but art is difficult.

So, basically, once an enemy gets put into a bone prison, as long as you keep hitting it, it’ll never escape. Yeah, that doesn’t sound ridiculously overpowered or anything. Perma-CC is something they did away with when ROS was released. I can’t see them bringing it back.

This proposal should be in the Necromancer forum, where it could die peacefully.

2 Likes

I’d give the guy credit for creativity and effort. Yes, D3 is effectively a dead game, but Blizz does have a skeleton crew making changes season to season. Necro’s in terrible shape and needs help. I rolled Necro this season and remembered once again why I usually don’t.

If nothing else, sometimes the discussion alone will reveal a pearl the could be useful for the D4 designers. For example in this one, the designers might note how everything is dependent on new legendary items to even make the concept viable. That’s a major flaw of D3. Developers can’t make small tweaks and get build diversity, they have to build whole new items. D4 shouldn’t be balanced like that because of the amount of work to micromanage every possible build in the end-game. Ideally, they want an open tool set (items, skills, etc), encourage creativity and build diversity, then make corrections if players find some really broken interaction you didn’t catch in QA testing.

I think you’re missing the word “die”.

Personally, I’d happily forgo the “peacefully” with the spamming and cross-posting this guy’s doing. Zzzzzz

1 Like

Oh, a new awesome overpowered proposal about Necro and minions…

My proposal:

Isend can find the Necromancer sub-forum

The Undead Brain
Legendary helmet
You have 100% luck to find the Necromancer sub-forum

Explainer

The real Philippe Néricault’s quote is

Criticism is easy, and art is difficult

4 Likes

It wouldn’t be so bad if he drew other necromancer players with him. I mean, the Barbarians and DH’s each created threads in General Discussion asking for buffs. They didn’t listen to everything, but it got us DH’s the GoD set in response to our complaint that our sets were weapon locked and GoD pretty handily salved that. And the Barbarians got several of their items buffed a couple of seasons after their mega thread.

So, he’d probably get some ideas implemented if he got the necromancer boards on board but seeing as how all his ideas are bad, that’s unlikely to happen.

Edit:

But just want to note if he actually showed his math or got another necromancer to do it or asked one of the boards math wizzes to help out and put all his ideas in a single thread, and also had some input from other players about what they’d like to see, he might just find something is actually implemented.

2 Likes

I got a new thread in draft for UE6 and N6 type buffs. At this point it is all about making low risk edits that bring long-lasting, competitive builds to players. No rollercoaster builds or pigeonholing.

3 Likes

Right.
I should restrict permanent crowd control to pull and bone prison.
Perma-pull or perma-immobilize is balanced, but perma-freeze or perma-stun is not.

Thanks !

Exactly.

Yes.
In my dreams I imaginated a world where

• Items were just aesthetics (for transmogs)
  • Powers were all granular, composable, and attached to a gem
  • You have a big board with links beween slots whre you can equip those gems and create your dream combination

I think Path of Exile 2 has something like this in their development pipe.

But then I awake and remember people want powers attached to items because it is how Tolkien’s legacy works.

OMG triple yes.
An offline sandbox game to edit game mechanics and propose ideas could be the next big thing. Imagine you can just post a link to your altered game (mod), people download your modifications, test it offline and give you feedback. That would be awesome.

Yeah Necromancer petition for ya !
Imperial Necromancer march in the streets, on Michael Jackson’s Thriller music :yum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA&t=391s

I’d rather see something like “while caged by a bone prison, the enemy loses 1-3% of their life. The duration of bone prison is increased by x seconds.”

Because elites can have resistance against those which decays over time, if you block an entity and refresh it with a single move that’s overpowered. Not even Teleporter Elites can grasp out of this if you can spam it freely. I know you’ll come up with your own excuses to have 9999999% damage and 99% damage mitigation for free to claim it’s balanced so it’s no use, but I’d as well try to talk some sense to you.

I told you to play Necromancer class in-depth to have an idea about its mechanics and all you ever did was trying them for 5-10 minutes, just to waste time writing overpowered proposes for 5 hours and posting them on unrelated forum sections for the heck of it with high density pictures.
I and many others also told you that your ideas are just plain power creep with no struggle that makes it interesting but you have your own plans and views which never changes or budges.

Try to play the builds at mid-high Greater Rift tiers and augment your gear so people would take your ideas abit serious when they see you have an understanding of current mechanics. What you’re doing is a pretty good way to get ignored or labeled as a troll.
Game developers have to balance the elements based on the potential top progression, instead of handing it to the average casual player for free. That doesn’t create any engagement from the player. Especially when said player can demolish content or trivialize the challenges with no effort.

1 Like

I’m not against it, because diminishing returns over time, but Skills inflicting % life of the enemy or % life leech scaled so well they were considered meta and all removed in Diablo 3.

Of course players will notice that Sorceress’ Nova skill does this in Diablo 2, takes 25% life of the enemy in a single shot, in something like 20 yards which is very strong against bosses or groups of enemies.

So what ? Do it in 2 moves ? Have % chance to do hit ?
Please enlight me with a counter proposal :slight_smile:

Pretty sure that 90% of Diablo players are average casual players.
Blizzard knows who brings in the money.

For the record…

They weren’t petitions. They were well thought out proposals from several players with input from several folks. In our thread, it was mainly a discussion of math, of how to buff the sets without making them overpowered but to put us on an even footing with other classes.

The Barbarians were even more a collaboration of their boards, with specific math and reasons for why such and such item should be buffed. They hardly touched sets at all, it was all through buffs to legendaries.

My thread was sort of fly by night, making it up as we went while the Barbarians put a thread together before posting it testing theories and so forth for quite some time, so they weren’t asking for something unfeasible and everything had a lot of thought behind it.

Point is, YOUR thread should be an All Necromancer thread with input of other ideas and not just a discussion of your ideas hoping everyone agrees.

Just sayin’.

I did not say it needs to be a skill. A ring or belt or even some other miscellaneous item could do it. Or, even better, it could be made part of the Inarius set.

Game is not even monetized for power crave. Only one region is monetized and it’s China for cosmetic differences. It’s cosmetics, not 9999999% damage and 99.9999% damage mitigation. Oh and not every casual is playing Necromancer and Necromancer only.

Intricate moves must be required such as a combo; an initiating debuff or time frame of a specific self-buff must be given before target or entity could be enveloped by a few hits. It can be a slow building stack, or require moving certain amount of distance before you can pull such moves.
Build must have more potential counters that negate your skills via Elites’ abilities and certain, already existing, monsters should punish you if you were to miss a cycle or fail to follow your committed combo in Greater Rifts.

Also a down time or a drawback for the said combo would be nice but knowing you, you’d justify having an invulnerable self-sustaining character for fun. You can always play Normal difficulty if that’s what you like and see if it’s any interesting for yourself. For most of the players, it’s not.
Also stop posting in General Discussion, this belongs in Necromancer forum. If other Necromancers are not replying to your suggestion posts over at that forum, it’s not because those forums are dead; it’s because the idea is not interesting. You can always carry the thread over at another forum by settings by the way.

Most Necromancer players are fed up with Land of the Dead timings.

This is the purpose of the proposal.
Use Bone Prison before you can do damage with Skeletons.
Player cannot seriously damage target if it is not before trapped inside a Bone Prison.

Each time I propose stacks people do not like it because it already exists.

Zei’s Stone of Vengeance already exists for this.

–

Okay so I did some adjustments:

Only you (no minion) can trap enemies in Bone Prison.

This reduces a lot Bone Prison occurences, as timing between two Bone Prison is increased.

Resistance suppression limited to Bone Prison and Knockback.

Small chance to extend Bone Prison duration on hit.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Crowd_Control#Crowd_Control_Resistance

For every second of Hard CC suffered by a monster, it will gain 10% resistance to all Hard CC effects, stacking up to 95%

Each successful Knockback adds flat 40% Hard CC resistance

Looks better at least.

1 Like

Thanks for suggestions.

Also added a limit, to fullfill the time frame requirement

effects duration by 1 second, up to 7 seconds

https://i.ibb.co/yXTvMp4/skeletons-bone-prison.jpg

So Eternal Jail is no longer Eternal, might come with a better name later :sweat_smile:

rejected. too easy to exploit. next!

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like