Smoothest the game has been in a long time

So you have never updated windows, never updated your video driver, never installed any software, never saved any files, never done anything to your system at all?

BS.

Yeah, with regards to firebird issues probably. I was talking about the freezing everyone is having with the DLL file.

Just for giggles I have been playing on both US and EU servers. Results have been the same. Smooth game play, no stuttering, no freezing, no lag, nothing. Well, with EU I do occasionally have higher latency, but I would expect that playing there.

*shrug

Odd. Must just be unlucky then… But it is running nicely the past couple of days… Hopefully it will continue

Not for me ;.(
I get a LOT of freezes

Update: out of curiosity, I fired up the game on my previous computer. Same windows version, same current nvidia driver, but older CPU (Intel) and GPU, and different motherboard. Playing same content with same barb, and no hiccups!

In theory the components in the newer computer are all higher power, except maybe the sound chip on the motherboard. I’m going to have to dig into that…

I make a post saying the game is the smoothest it has been for me, and you all got so butt hurt its unreal. It has been my genuine experience this season. As I said, the 5-10 second freezes are gone, The random crashing to menus with a “report this to blizzard” box hasn’t happened once this season, the super low fps in rat runs is gone, etc. The game is literally running better for “ME” than it ever has. There is no trolling here. I was very surprised, and that’s why at the end of my OP I asked if anyone else was experiencing the same.

Finally, someone with a brain.

This is exactly why I think this is something like a more modern hardware or driver problem, specifically around sound.

If you get the chance, see if you can list the following differences between the two systems:

CPU exact model.
Video card.
Sound card. (hardware brand/version, if you can)
How you are connected to the sound card to hear it. (headphones, analog, digital, etc)

I just find it curious and have been trying to pin down possible common failings between everyone that has this freezing issue.

Not so much that, but considering the amount of people having issues, it was felt as if you were trolling them when the evidence is all over the forum.

You never did reply to my last question either. We both know there has to have been changes to your system over the years. Hell Windows 10 alone has put out like 6 or 7 major updates (that completely replace windows) in the past 4 years!

So…

Unless you never update ANYTHING, never install ANYTHING. (which is impossible or you couldn’t even play the game) I’m not buying your comment about never changing anything:

Just saying.

Game on.

Sorry, I misread your comment. I meant I hadn’t changed any hardware and that my machine has remained the same. As for software, drivers, firmware, etc. I keep everything like that up to date. With the exception of windows versions. Sometimes I will revert to a previous version if a new one is causing issues.

As far as I know the firebirds freezes and the .dll file replacement fix are the same issue. The firebirds lag/freezes is not a server issue. It is tied to the audio issues. Which is why the current fix for the firebirds problem is replacing the .dll file.

In case I ever do Firebirds stuff this season, what is the “Current fix” to the Firebirds problem you’re referring to?

It is the same fmodex64.dll file replace procedure as before. Nothing new.

Some people suggest getting the file from another game rather than from any random source. You can copy the file from HotS for instance. You will lose game audio by doing this.

Odd. Someplace else I was reading where by not using a CoE that also fixed the issue. So…

Not sure why one has anything to do with the other. They weren’t describing it as freezing either, more like server lag. And removing CoE seemed to address it. Which is different than getting a hard freeze that lasts 5-10 seconds randomly is it not?

Firebirds was causing hard freezing and can cause jitters or stutters, with CoE equipped or not. Server lag isn’t specific to firebirds. There are several builds/classes that can be susceptible server lag. People were complaining about hard freezing, not server lag.

The freezing when using firebirds ( apparently the mirror images being the culprit ) is an audio issue.If it was server lag then the .dll file wouldn’t have fixed the issue for so many people.

Reducing audio setting to 16 bit or 32 bit fixed the firebird freezing for some peopleas well.

its too bad there are no console fixes.
get horrible lag rubberbanding playing xbox with wife just doing bounties.
brand new xbox one/s 350mbit both directly connected through ethernet and both using different ports on router.