Slow load times - Inventory

I think he might be confusing 4 with Immortal.

1 Like

Wow, yes, I am. sorry bout that

I uninstalled D3 last year, this year seems they still dont care, same excuses … same fingers pointing its our fault… i think ill give it a try next season or better yet w8 for D4.

"sorz for bad english

1 Like

Mac Pro HS with RX580 = issue.
Mini 2018 Catalina with eGPU Vega 64 = No Issue.

Many of you are using the RX580 or a GPU in that era. There was also an issue with portals looking bad.

If anyone sees this, please try the PTR and see if this issue is present for you. It is not present for me on Live (2.6.9), but it is present for me on the PTR currently, and if that isn’t fixed, it will hit everyone on Live when 2.7.0 launches.

If you have this issue on the PTR, please make a post in the PTR bug report forum and be specific in noting that it is the macOS client that you are reporting about.

1 Like

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports on this. Our Diablo 3 team is aware that this is occurring on macOS and they’re looking into it.

I see it has been mentioned here before but just to bring up the work around again, switching Texture Quality from Low to High or High to Low should temporarily resolve this for that one session at least.

Hopefully we will have some good news to share soon about a permanent fix for this issue.

1 Like

This issue has also been repeatedly reported on the PC technical support forum for months on end now. Are they also looking into that?

1 Like

I reported to customer support and they referred me to this place. It’s has been several months and still no fix on lasting the damn inventory???

Works fine on windows. Mac OS sometimes even the item buff icons take time to load!

1 Like

Yeah, same problem here. Macbook Pro 2018, latest beta of Big Sur, but have almost 3-4 months this problem. don’t know exactly.

The problem appeared when the s22 patch was applied, don’t remember it being present in PTR. Some weird change that didn’t effect area 2 town, but all others. I anticipate when we get s23 next week this weird issue will be gone. It some kind of server issue with display items in the other 4 towns. It might even be attributed to s22 buff hogging server processing with item DB. Anyway another season without that buff should be gone.

1 Like

PTR didn’t have the buff and the issue was still there. We’ll know in few days.

I looked at 2 loaded off season characters WD, and DH with full inventory and it was running normally, displaying everything immediately without delay in stash, character inventory, closet, and blacksmith in all the towns. Thats with the new 2.7.0.74291 patch this afternoon applied. Still have Wednesday server maintenance still to go (tomorrow).

I’ll have to check it out myself as well. As I’m still on 10.12.6 (due to needing FTP server and not having finished my 9900k hackintosh yet), it’ll be a good “baseline” test. If the problem isn’t on live, then that’s great. The PTR definitely worried me though as it just “happened” there without ever having happened before.

I played for an hour last night. The bug is still there with 2.7.

2 Likes

After a quick test with the 2.7 Patch the problem seems to be gone.
There is sometimes a very slight just noticable delay, but this should be expected considering a MacBook has far less power then a real gaming rig, and it was never the case where some things would not load at all no matter how long you wait.

No the problem has not been fixed at all in 2.7 - Quite often I have had to wait over 20 seconds for my inventory items to appear. It’s very annoying and it has nothing to do with using a macbook vs a “real gaming rig”. My macbook pro was able to make the inventory items appear instantly last year. It has nothing to do with the specs or the operating system and has everything to do with Diablo 3

@Drakiock-1135 patch 2.7 did not fix the issue.

2 Likes

Thus far I’m not seeing the problem like I did on the PTR. It’s looking more and more like anything past 10.13.6 is going to continue to have problems with D3 because it’s still using OpenGL, and OpenGL performance is absolutely abysmal in Mojave and beyond, and triply so in Big Sur.

1 Like

Workaround for me: I have messed around with this a bunch, and it seems that certain items in certain locations tank my inventory loading times. For me, having Depth Diggers in Kanai’s cube tanks my inventory/icon loading times UNLESS I am at act II hidden camp, then it’s almost fine. Also, Replacing Depth Diggers with any other item in the 2nd Kanai slot also solves the issue. There are likely many other oddities, but I have been playing GoD DH, so the Depth diggers issue is obviously been a problem. In that case I just use 2ns act as ‘home base’ . I have no loading problems with other builds. This spans several machines across several different macOS versions (back as far as Mojave) and various graphics hardware AND HDD/SSD formats (old Mac Pro as well as newer MacBook).

1 Like

Additional data point:
My wife has a brand new 27" iMac that has a 3.8Ghz i7 with 40Gb RAM and the Radeon Pro 5700XT (16Gb). She sees the exact same symptoms - also resolved for one session using the texture switch “fix” … BUT … if I log in, on that same computer (hers, not just another with the same specs), using my account, then there’s no slow-load inventory issue. So, somehow, this appears to be an account-related issue as well.

Do the corresponding criss-cross half of the test too, i.e. get your wife to log into Diablo III on your computer and see if the slow loading times follow her account to your mac.