Slime Spewer nearly indistructble sometimes

Noting that “Slime Spewer” have become nearly indestructible. Noted while collection of resource quests for example in Act II, Cave of the Burrowing Horror quest.

I have no problem killing Slime Spewers on any Game Difficulty: Normal through Torment XVI (T16).

The OP has a seasonal Wizard…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Foxwalker-1526/hero/119964206
…that’s using the new Typhon set, i.e. all the damage is from Hydras.

There are at least a dozen threads on Bug Report (and elsewhere) detailing that the summoned Hydras completely ignore these mob types. He’d therefore have to rely on Arcane Torrent to kill them, which has a tiny damage multiplier compared to the Hydras.

It’s disappointing there’s been no Blizzard response about Hydras being unable to target some mob types. Heck, this was reported during the PTR and it went live like that and has been reported many times since on live.

It means that Wizards playing this set doing Bounties can be unable to complete them if they get a bounty which requires killing 100% of mobs in a map, if any of them are the wall-mounted spewers.

2 Likes

I realize that. It has been reported many times. But, Foxwalker did not specify that. They made a general statement:

And that is an incorrect statement. So, I was making a point.

I really wish people, especially new(er) players would read the stickies before posting.

For example:

1 Like

Thanks! Great answer. I had looked about a little. I see the other reports now. As you say, it is a shame Devs have not responded and found a fix. Especially if this is wide spread.

I just discovered this bug as well. I was doing bounties in Act II when I encountered the Slime Spewers on the cave walls. They are kill-able BUT they process is incredibly slow. My Typhon-set wearing wizard has over 2,000,000 dmg (character sheet), two frost hydras totalling 10 heads. On T16, they melt just about everything. But the only thing that seems to hurt the slime spewers is my Arcane Torrent. The Spewers I encountered had 108,000,000 health. By channeling Arcane Torrent constantly until my Arcane resource is empty, I am able to take them down 6M-10M health only. Surely this is a bug and not working as intended.