Slayer objectives still contain a set dungeon?

So the new sets don’t have a dungeon. This has been the case for 2-3 years already. Yet you give us the new sets as season rewards, incentivize us to build for them… Then force us to complete a set dungeon when there isn’t one for our set?? How did no one over there think “hey maybe we should move this into a later tier of the season journey since now it will be 10x harder to do since they have to farm an entire other set and gear it with legos just to get slayer.”

I literally just want to come back, play for a few days, get my slayer title or maybe also the one after it, then stop playing until next season. I don’t want to have to farm an entire other build (after scrapping every set item I got until this point not realizing how terribly designed it is) just to do a dungeon and then go back to the set I actually want to use.

Either remove set dungeons from the season journey entirely or move them deeper in. This is terrible and annoying.

Either shut up and play the game, or switch to something else. Stop expecting the game to hand you everything on a silver platter. Collecting another set is easy, since the pieces will drop as you play.

10 Likes

This is not the first Season where the new sets have been the Gifts. As before, one of the other sets will be needed to do the Dungeon. Pick an easy one.

2 Likes

Well, if you have a full set farming another set takes what, an hour or two, tops, it’s not really a major hurdle, especially as the season is intended to be 3+ months long.

I started with DH this season with the free set being GoD, so no set dungeon, despite that I had the entire journey done in two days from season start.

• Level up barbarian
  • farm for IK set (you can farm for blood shards too and spend them on barbarian)
  • keep your eye on whirlwind legendaries too
  • stack as much damage as you want, doesn’t matter in IK set dungeon
  • only thing you want to keep in mind is to have enough cooldown reduction in gear and maybe In-geom in cube so that you can easily keep Wrath of the Berserker active 100% of the time
  • if you want to make it even easier use Bul Kathos weapons so you can spin all day every day.
  • Prepare for your easiest set dungeon mastery ever.

It is a good thing that you will quit in the prelude. Because you would need to run 6 different sets to GR 55 solo to complete the Years of War Conquest. If getting 2 sets is too much for you don’t even try the conquest. :cry: :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

Wow, complaining about grinding while playing a game which all about grinding stuff.

Everyone hates set dungeons and while I agree that they’re pointless and should be removed from the journey, this “not wanting to farm another set” is definitely one of the most absurd excuses you could use as a basis why they should be removed. I could think of several actual reasons for the removal, not wanting to farm is not one of them.

Why would one need to that conquest? I have done guardian most seasons and have never done that conquest.

After reading your post, I found myself asking the same question of your numerous mistakes.

Because it’s one of the easiest?

I was actually working my way to complete that one as the third conquest for the journey when I by sheer accident completed Speed Demon while farming keys and the journey was complete. I did the Years of War as the fourth conquest with Wizard as I only needed one more set to do GR55.

You do not “need” to run Years of War but if you choose it you will “need” 6 sets. Like I said :point_down:

Speed Demon and On a Good Day is basically free, I got Curses! free as well as a good chest was a bounty in one of my bounty runs.

From the two left I would say that Boss Mode is easier than Years of War as you only need a speed build, which most people have I suspect for farming keys/bounties.

The Immortal King set automatically reduces the cooldown on abilities when fury is spent which means that with absolutely zero CDR rolls on gear, you can just whirlwind your way through the dungeon and you’ll easily be able to re-cast WOTB every 10-15 seconds, which is shorter than its duration, i.e. you can maintain 100% uptime without needing CDR on gear and you certainly don’t need an in-geom.

Tal Rasha would like to have a word with you. Couldn’t believe how easy it was. This potato did Mastery on first try. Walk in a circle and go brrrrr. Profit.