Skilltags for build diversity

rhykker reminded me of something, that was just mentioned here in an other thread but i really want to bring it up again
skilltags could do wonders to itemization and build diversity
instead of a legendary power, that says: “increases the number of projectiles for fireball by 2”, you could have: “increases the number of protectiles by 2” so it could also affect frost bolt f.e.
fireball could have these tags: “projectile, aoe, fire”
so you could also have: “increases the area of effect by 50%” or “increases the chance to ignite with fireskills by 30%”
you could have different items for a skill like “fireball” and you could have a legendary power like “increases number of projectiles” for different skills

3 Likes

Yeah people been saying that ever since they introduced the legendary affixes. You cannot have legendary and sets referring to specific skills and have good build diversity and itemization

I think it was mentioned in a roundabout way at Blizzcon.
The fallen sharman used the multi fireball effect but used it to rez three of the fallen, so it’s been done just ha sto be adapted to skills
It was on a stream Official or streamer I don;'t remember.

In D3 everyone just plays the same optimal builds for each class. There’s no customizing something and be able to do the same output, you give up something that is crucial to the build to be any different. Your being forced to play the only and opimal build to push higher levels, if you try to play anthing else your looking at playing at lower levels. And I hate this.

1 Like

Yeah I have been mentioning this wherever appropriate as well.
Adding tags to stuff (skills, talents etc) that other skills, runes, items etc can interact with is a really effective way to create a deep system.

2 Likes