Singularity Mage Nerf PTR & S21

The PTR hasn’t even started when writing this, but looking through the patch notes it seems you have effectively nerfed Singularity mages for next season by altering the Haunted Visions & Reapers Wraps.

I am a big-time D3 Necro fan and play Necromancer every season. Been playing just about every PTR and always been doing testing with Singularity Mages.

The necro has been falling behind these past couple of seasons, and its strongest build has always involved corpse lance.

I loved playing singularity mages for it’s high paced nature and after running LON in its various forms the necro has been a joy to play.

One of the reasons why I love the build so much is because you can focus on moving and positioning yourself constantly without having to stop and stand still while attacking something like with just about every other build in the game.

I see now however that this most likely won’t hold up anymore and fear that you have nerfed something that didn’t need to be nerfed in the first place.

If anything the build needed buffs.

You have probably killed my all-time favorite build.

Gee, thanks guys.

Am I the only Necro player that feels this way?

2 Likes

No youre not. But to be fair, ratruns have had their time in the sun for long enough.

Another upcoming thing with mages could potentially be with LoD posion mages (+shoulders) and grim scythe. We`ll have to see how this plays out.

Also, raxx had an interesting 2.6.9 ptr guess video where he stated that it might just aswell be that rats were buffed in the end.

I don’t think it’s going to work. It may slow down mages, but giving Razeth’s both Singularity and Gift of Death allows us to take the blood rune and make them last longer. We can then drop a passive for extended servitude and make them last even longer than that. With Devour + Requiem Cereplate, There’s plenty of other ways to gain essence than Reapers and we will still get some when it’s not on cooldown, but it’s not the nerf they were looking for if they were trying to kill Rats. It is a buff to defense for a Rat and would give incentive to cast you singularity mages right before you have full essence to keep your defense up, or be a little more mindful when you’re at full essence . Without the seasonal buff, rats will take a hit, but I’m willing to bet that they will be in the exact same place they were before this season. So speed 110’s instead of speed 130’s.

Rats has been the XP meta for too long, IMO and it would be nice to see another variation to the XP meta instead of Rats. Either way, people are thinking that the cooldown added to Reapers will kill rats, when I think that’s far from the case.

1 Like

I think the nerf will hit the Rathma set harder.

Just wished that Blizzard considered solo players before trying to kill Ratruns.

3 Likes

Who really plays with the rathma set? I mean, early season maybe. But as soon as you have at least 13/13 legendarys, LoD is already better. Dont even need ancients to outperform rathmas.

I really hope for our solo performance, that the new set will bring us where other players are casually (130-140+), which we only were able yet due to enormous seasonal buffs.

Also i have high hopes for the mages and the other speedvariants to be better for solo now too. And that maybe something gets added other than a weapon to help us with our cooldowns…

I play with the Rathma set, lol.

I hope that when they get to rebalancing the sets that they fix Rathma and gives us a reason to actually have Army of the Dead on our toolbar.

3 Likes

Hopefully the new set will be good enough for solo speeds and push, so that we actually have a playable set instead of just LoD builds.

2 Likes

dont get me wrong, i really hope it is good too.

But to have everything that you want to do pummeled into only 1 set is boring af too. I like the autolancer build and i also like the mages. Id rather play everything in a different category and be happy with it. Just not if the greater rift distance in between is too huge (id never speed trough 80s with trags if its faster & easier with lod to do 100s)

I want a workable necro set for S21, we know after this one as all new sets are done, they will do the balance patch for S22 regarding all sets and legendary items. I don’t want another season of pure LoD cause nothing else can even go into T16 lol :slight_smile:

I won’t even mind if LoD will still be more powerful than the new set, as long as it can do SOMETHING and do it well, whatever that something will end up being (apart from looking pretty in towns lol!).

<3