Singletary mage

Does resource cost reductions benefits Singletary mage?

Some guru had explained to me before. I just rephrase:

You need to spend essence to cast the spell. All the remaining essences are used for Singularity.

e.g. you have 240 ess. Spending 40 to cast the spell. Your Singularity consumes 200 ess.

If you have 25% RCR, you just need 30 to cast spell and Singularity consumes 210 ess.

So, the increase of damage = (1+210*3%)/(1+200*3%) - 1
i.e. damage increased by 4.3%

2 Likes

Damn thought they might of included both parts like first 40 and the empty if the pool would get a multiplier for your resource cost reductions. So if you have 50% resource cost reductions, your 40 turns to 20 and it treats your cast as if you spend 1.5 time your resource. Easy example being with 100 resource above minus added it would treated it like 150 was spent.

If RCR would be working for consumed resource points, a Channeling Pylon would mean 30sec (or soon coming - 60sec if Flavor of Time equipped/cubed) of infinite damage Skeletal Mages - since Channeling Pylon is freecasting. 100% RCR. Infinite resource to be consumed.
Or imagine, the resource cost reduction circle in the upcoming season.

Sure, they could then make Chann. Pylon and those RCR-circles an exception but… then there is also the Captain set. CDR% = +Dmg% // RCR% = Dmg-Reduction (and in some cases regarding spells like Star Pact, Singularity Mages, etc.) AND if RCR would affect consumed also +Dmg%.

In the end, those spells’ damage would be rescaled due to RCR-scaling (=nerf that we would have to compensate for with additional RCR on gear - just to achieve current damage values).

RCR-scaling of additional consumed resource points would be one chicken run between exceptions and problematic scaling and 99% sure in the end result that would be rather bad than good.

RCR is fine the way it is, the additional consumed resource points aren’t required to cast the spell, they are “sacrificed” voluntary. We could actually cast our mages with less resource - and with RCR for even less (for values actually representing a higher amount of “sacrificed” resource).
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t celebrate that almost diminishing amount of RCR-scaling or see that as some big secret gain. It’s just the logic behind the seperated scaling of cost/consumed.

RCR is targeted at required resource points to cast a spell, granting more casts (per resource) due to reducing the actual cost of a spell (just like IAS grants more casts (per time) due to increasing the casting time).

RCR means you still have to do those additional casts to do gain the additional damage.
IAS means you still need the additional resource for the casts to gain the additional damage.
Full resource depletion skills though would just ignore the “RCR-rule” by just doing more damage.

(IAS on pet damage already ignores the “IAS-rule” indirectly - cause to reduce server lag, pets keep their attackspeed and scale their damage upwards. “Tasker and Theo” being the only exception. But actually the increased pet damage from IAS just substitutes the missing increasement of pet attackspeeed.)

It’s not much, yes, but Rathma/LoN Singularity Mages (“LoN Rathma”) already got more than enough stats to scale with and to aim for. CDR, CHC, CHD, gloves ideally with IAS as 4th stat even, xxx-yyy dmg as one option for rings… Same goes for Bazooka wizards and their CHC/CHD/Area/CDR-madness :stuck_out_tongue:

==================================================
CHC Critical Hit Chance
CHD Critical Hit Damage
CDR Cooldown Reduction
RCR Resource Cost Reduction
IAS Increased Attackspeed