Since mods are not a thing anymore

he dont ges it…
private game ? FRIENDS ? Singleplayer ?
nah you dont get it…

That is a contradiction itself. The game is one thing, and the modded private servers are a different thing, another game.

No one said that mods wont be a thing again, the removal of tcp/ip wont be the death of mods. Afaik pd2, wich is the largest modded private server, isnt using tcp/ip.

What’s the point of having a closed server if you rely on private games and single player?

I have played D2 off and on since it came out, recently, like this last year, I did try out pd2, although it’s got some great features, like that bigger stash does grow on you. And the maps thing is kinda cool, I found myself going back to the original D2, although I liked the bigger stash size and a lot of people seem to bring that up, the smaller size forces you to pick and choose what you really want and need your character to carry. It also makes others pick and choose, do you want to load up on charms and not be able to grab but one loot drop? Or clean out your inventory and be a drop hog? Having to make decisions like this is in part, what makes the game great
And the whole, the game has been dead since 2005 just doesn’t hold true. Wouldn’t be a remaster if people didn’t play it, maybe it’s been dead to you? But many others have enjoyed this game for 2 decades.

1 Like

Agreed on the extensions of all these

You know this is subjective right?

Lol, pretty much everything here is subjective :joy::joy:

1 Like

What the mod scene may look like in D2R (not looking good) - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

How does that make the game great? I always disliked the charms when they came out.

Ok, then they wont die because of the removal of tcp/ip but because those servers are illegal.

Nothing to say then, i didnt know pd2 existed because d2 “is abandonware” as that guy who claims being the developer of median xl wrote there, if that is the case, there cant be any mod like pd2 for d2r.

Having to manage the limited space on your character is part of the game, don’t like charms? Don’t have them taking up space, use it instead for extra potions or for loot pickup. :grin::thinking:

It’s part of the game but it’s bad design. There’s no reason to not having it fixed.

3 Likes

But, why fix something that’s not really broken? This game is one of the few that has lasted decades, not many games have done that. :joy::joy:

That’s always been frustrating. The game is designed around them, so we need charms such as grand charms that increase our skills.

1 Like

yeah exact, I think the same way they should add contecnt the grpahicvs are beautiful

“Don’t like charms? Then gimp your character.” That is basically what your post boils down to. It’s really not a choice to stack your inventory with charms. Unless of course you’re being carried by friends and in that case it wouldn’t matter if you gimped your character, but in normal instances it’s an awful idea to not be stuffed to gills with charms. This has actually been one of my gripes about this game for a long time. A game about gathering loot where in the end you don’t have space to gather loot. It was piss poor design then and it’s piss poor design now.

2 Likes

the game lives since 2000…

Dude this is so funny, the game mods like mod or pd2 barely have 500 people online after peak ladder. There is so much room to improve on.

Don’t get me wrong, I like charms too, but having limited space makes you pick and choose what you decide to carry.

And that makes it extra frustrating because Diablo is a loot bonanza.

That is somewhat true. Blizzard make the game to sell copies, but the lack of monetization for the game in long-term is what makes them not want to put any effort in it past releases.
Here is where Mods comes into play. They are made off of a passion for the game, improving, spicing it up, quality of life, fun things in general.
In 2 words how I can describe it:

1. Blizz code for game copy sells
  2. Mods code for the community to enjoy the game

Thinking of which… Why blizzard don’t hire GreenDude to revamp the game for season ladders and let us all have fun. Put a damn subscription per month like $5 or something, who cares… we love it, we pay it… who cares? Just do something that’s not just release, abandon… oh private mod is disrupting our business model… like what? Diablo 2 never had a business model aside from resellling game copies to botters :smiley:

1 Like