Since mods are not a thing anymore

I really hope Blizzard has some big plans for D2R otherwise it will just be another WC3R. Progressive ladder with further patch balances, changes and content are a must for this game to have any chance to thrive.

3 Likes

the game lives since 2000…
otherwise it would hardly have gotten a remaster with such an effort now. There is no reason to insert some crap so that some newcomers do not “have no more desire” after 2 days.

1 Like

it will most probably have mods , but only in single player.

2 Likes

D2 is a ghost town since 2005 only a couple hundred bots play that thing most people play mods because its a much better experience.

5 Likes

no , there’s quiet a lot of people still on ladder currently.
(less than during the golden age of diablo 2 sure , but still quiet a lot)

but yes there is indeed a tons of bots.

4 Likes

Most are bots, dude. The game sucks in that state.

3 Likes

off your assertions;
I don’t mind bots. besides, I tend to play with friends or alone.
and if it bothers you so much then play something else

Of course I’ll play something different. I want them to fix the damn game already. It wasn’t like this during D2’s prime. It was fun back then.

2 Likes

theres nothing much to fix. its a nearly perfect gem. (jes GEM…and game for sure…öhm…whatever)

the game is dead if theres no mod support.

4 Likes

It’s garbage for sure with all the bots.

1 Like

he dont ges it…
private game ? FRIENDS ? Singleplayer ?
nah you dont get it…

That is a contradiction itself. The game is one thing, and the modded private servers are a different thing, another game.

No one said that mods wont be a thing again, the removal of tcp/ip wont be the death of mods. Afaik pd2, wich is the largest modded private server, isnt using tcp/ip.

What’s the point of having a closed server if you rely on private games and single player?

I have played D2 off and on since it came out, recently, like this last year, I did try out pd2, although it’s got some great features, like that bigger stash does grow on you. And the maps thing is kinda cool, I found myself going back to the original D2, although I liked the bigger stash size and a lot of people seem to bring that up, the smaller size forces you to pick and choose what you really want and need your character to carry. It also makes others pick and choose, do you want to load up on charms and not be able to grab but one loot drop? Or clean out your inventory and be a drop hog? Having to make decisions like this is in part, what makes the game great
And the whole, the game has been dead since 2005 just doesn’t hold true. Wouldn’t be a remaster if people didn’t play it, maybe it’s been dead to you? But many others have enjoyed this game for 2 decades.

1 Like

Agreed on the extensions of all these

You know this is subjective right?

Lol, pretty much everything here is subjective :joy::joy:

1 Like

What the mod scene may look like in D2R (not looking good) - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

How does that make the game great? I always disliked the charms when they came out.