Simulacrum's are disappearing

Simulacrum’s are disappearing randomly. This is happening in all aspects of the game. This has happened when fighting a RG, clicking on shrines, Blood rushing, entering a new map, etc… I have been focusing on trying to see when and why.

Note: It happens not matter what my defense is (ZDPS in low levels, Gold wraps with continues gold, etc…) It has happened the most vs the Inferno Maiden RG boss.

Has others notice this? Is this is known bug?

1 Like

(wave)Hey Faux, if you’re not using 2set burning carnival then the Simulacrums can die when they take damage. Their defense only scales with your vitality and life% I believe so there isn’t much you can do in this situation. Sadly, it happens far too often at higher GRifts and Enforcer gem doesn’t work on them either.

If you have the 2set then they die when you take a death blow due to self sacrifice rune.

1 Like

Its the full set and like I said i had literally impossible levels of Defense. I’ve also seen them go away when no enemies were around.

They disappear if you change runes/skills.

It’s a HC killer if you do that mid rift lol.

Never changed runs, skills, or anything. Just walking and they go away.

Are you using the haunted visions amulet? If not, then the simulacrums last for about 10 seconds if i remember correctly. Their cooldown is massive, so that amulet is a must have in every simulacrum build. I am asking cause i cannot see your profile to verify that you have this amulet.

With the amulet they last forever but they can still die to damage. I think having vitality also helps theirs. I am not sure if they scale with your damage reduction or armor, or stuff like that. If you use the Masquarade set in addition to the amulet then they don’t take any damage, but because you get every rune, when you take fatal damage they sacrifice themselves to prevent you from dying. That will probably lead to your death a second later cause you are losing almost all of your damage reduction but that is okay cause you can recast them when you respawn with no cooldown. Or you can just recast them before you die, if you have fast reflexes and pay close attention, and of course they are off cooldown. I believe, it’s either that or you just simply forgot about the amulet.

On other ocassions i 've noticed that on some maps with narrow corridors and small rooms if you position yourself in a weird way in a very closed space the may get stuck behind a wall momentarily but if you just reposition they instantly get back to your side. But that happens very rarely, and I 've never noticed them disappear just like that. Last season i remember a rift i did, 120+, where Blighter was just one shotting them and it made it impossible to kill him without them.

I’ve have noticed this issue as well Faux. My simulacrum’s pop in and out of game play all the time. Sometimes it is just 1 of them, most of the time it is both that disappear and then come back again after casting about 6 bone spears or 2 more blood rushes.

Definitely doesn’t seem normal, but as I push higher and higher in GRs, I’m noticing it more and more

It may be with the passive cheat death? I knew that would kill mages in the old builds when it triggers.

My simulacrums disappear too. I was trying to figure out the cause. At first I thought maybe they were taking reflect damage but it happened against pure trash. I’m wearing the full set with haunted visions. I’ve had them repeatedly disappear in the same rift, like 3 or 4 times.

No cheat death and yes I have the amulet on.

I figured it out and it is not a bug. It is the self-sacrifice rune of the simulacrum proc’ing. As all runes are in effect, this one is proc’ing after final witness procs, sometimes very fast. I noticed this as my simulacrums were not disappearing when I was grift pushing but only during regular rifts or speed runs when I was not wearing the binding belt and taking (a lot) more damage. If you are not using a cheat death at all then your simulacrums are taking all your deaths for you. Putting the cheat death on would at least allow you to see when you are eating those damage spikes.

1 Like

Sure, i thought that too. Then it happened while i was watching my 1T toughness in a T16.

Posting to update. I am now starting to believe that I am having a server sync issues or something along those lines. Ran 122s just fine last night.

Logged on tonight to do speeds, and the same issue started happening again… Same group, nothing changing, sims ARE NOT dying, Bone armor up always, NOT running proc passive, gear hasn’t changed, gems haven’t changed, etc.

I’m honestly not sure what is going on here, but its getting very frustrating. Tonight I noticed my crits dropping into the billions, and couldn’t even kill white trash mobs.

Also would like to note that I wanted to test on T16 just to see. I went and found a random elite. I cast my Bone armor, and my sims. Fired a Bone spear into the elites, and couldn’t even one shot the elites on T16.

Have you checked the elite affixes of the enemies that you usually lose your clones to? There are stuff that return projectile damage when they spin and they can one shot even if you have tremendous toughness, you can crit for billions and trillions and that damage is returned (i think) to you so even with 99% damage reduction you still cannot tank these numbers. It’s not likely that this happens to you all the time, but it’s just a possibility. One example is the key warden in act II, he used to one-shot me on torment 16 (Gr 75 equivalent) even though my character could comfortably tank Gr100+. And they are not only just elites. Usually you can find them in an elite pack but they can be trash mobs. I think bone spear counts as a projectile, but i am not 100% sure.

if casting bonespears and bloodrushes too fast and without much breaks in between, the sims are getting stuck somewhere wayyy behind in the rift.

Sometimes you can see them casting spears from somewhere there behind.

If the distance becomes too great, they seem to disappear for whatever reason.
Feels honestly like earlier when the sims werent made to follow well.

super annoying and the more runspeed you have it seems worse because theres less “downtime” of casting things

I have confirmed they die from hits on them and not from me. I can be out of 100% of the damage, out of all area, out of everything. No reflect, no attacking. A monster (normally something big with physical attacks), can hit them and kill them. I have seen this standing just close enough to Rift Guardians. Inferno Maiden and Raiziel for examples, I have confirm will kill them if it hits them and nothing else.

1 Like

Wanted to had, sometimes if you bloodrush to rift gate and click it fast like in a speed farm, the sims don’t follow.

I have seen the same thing. I’m using the burning carnival set with the haunted visions necklace. My simulacrum the last day or so have been just disappearing most often when I’m doing speed runs or am just moving very quickly, sometimes I’ll look at the spell icon and I can see the gold outline indicating they are active but I look around me and they are not there and my defenses are treating it as if they are not there either despite the spell showing a gold outline.

1 Like

same here in seasonal…
it should be done something no way to do lod necro solo
Blizz hlp us