Simulacrum proccing Scythe of the Cycle

Scythe of the Circle is simply not viable with the new set. Every time your simulacrum attacks it takes 4 sec of the timer. Which means one large fight will instantly remove Bone Armour and you will have to wait for the cd to come off before you can reapply this. Has killed me a couple of times now.

That’s not how it works, and it’s not a bug.
When you attack with SotC equipped you reduce the remaining time by 4s, it does not get reduced by a further 8s because of your simulacrums, they have no impact on it.
The cooldown of Bone Armor is low enough that with 0 CDR you should be able to cast it on cooldown without worrying about it falling off, even if you’re spamming your Bone Spear.

The only time this becomes problematic is if you get a speed pylon / stack attack speed / miss with your bone armor, and even then most of the time you can still pick it up.

With the right build, the bone armor is a bonus rather than a necessity. As long as your sims are up you shouldn’t die to anything and be able to get your bone armor up, unless you have taken no other survivability in your build.

That is what im saying is a bug though whenever I attack once. 12 sec gets removed from the duration of the skill. And if I attack many times per second the Bone Armour is instantly gone.

It’s kind of confusing how it appears to be working.
The first 3-4 casts reduce the time on the Bone Armor very little, but the more you cast, the quicker it decreases.

It takes me 13 casts to remove my Bone Armor, with 1.56 attack speed (over 8.33 seconds).
13 casts will remove 52 seconds of Bone Armor, and because it takes 8.33 seconds to do so, it expires.

Based on that, every cast is removing JUST 4 seconds, not 8, nor 12.

It is working as intended, however, the bar on the icon is misleading, as you can cast it about 6-8 times and the bar only moves about 20%, another 2-4 casts and it’s at 50%, and then you get 3-5 more casts and it’s depleted.
This likely has something to do with how much time is left on the ability, but it does look like the visual representation is wrong. It could be that it’s reducing the MAXIMUM time of the ability as well as the available time.

As an example:

60/60 - 100%
54.5/56 - 97% (3% reduction)
49/52 - 94% (3% reduction)
43.5/48 - 90% (4% reduction)
37/44 - 84% (6% reduction)
31.5/40 - 78% (6% reduction)
26/36 - 72% (6% reduction)
20.5/32 - 64% (8% reduction)
15/28 - 60% (4% reduction)
9.5/24 - 39% (21% reduction)
4/20 - 20% (19% reduction)

If you assume the ‘maximum’ remains 60 seconds, then each time you cast it you have lost an accumulated 9% of the cast bar, which would show linearly.

Functionally, there is nothing wrong, you’re not losing your Bone Armor prematurely, it’s just represented poorly.

1 Like

I do believe there are other bugs regarding this or something similar, as in when casting a fresh bone armour as the guardian spawns, by the time I’ve launched 3 attacks the duration has expired

I havent done the math but it expires to quickly and i barely have time to recast it and if u misclick u r punished hard u dont do any damage until it cooldowns again