Simulacrum, Haunted Vision and Skeletal Mages

Haunted Vision:
Simulacrum now drains 1% of your maximum life every second and lasts forever. They can now duplicate Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage. (Necromancer Only) 1%

Wudi stated in his LOD Mage video that Sims does cast Mages.

Well, I am still getting only 2 Mages… Is this finally fixed?
Or am I doing it wrong?

Are you using an effect that produces Singularity, like, say, Razeth’s Volition?

Yes I have Razeth Volition equipped.
Also equipped of course is that Skeletal Mage ring too.

That’s why.

Razeth’s Volition casts Skeletal Mage with the Singularity rune, which produces a single mage using all your Essence to give it more damage. Because you have the Simulacrum activated, they cast one too, giving you two of them.

And, because you have no Essence, even if you can create more, you can’t because you have no resource to do so.

1 Like

The description on Haunted Visions is sorta misleading. Basically your Simulacrums will be able to duplicate either Grim Scythe OR Skeletal Mage. But Skeletal Mage only gets locked out if you actually have Grim Scythe on your bar. So as long as you don’t run Grim Scythe then Simulacrums + Skeletal Mage will work fine and summon 4 mages per cast (or 6 with Blood and Bone)

3 Likes

I tried what you did, you are correct!

Grim Scythe skill : 2 Skeletal Mages
1 Simulacrum + No Grim Scythe Skill : 4 Skeletal Mages
Flesh and Blood Simulacrums + No Grim Scythe Skill : 6 Skeletal Mages

Many Thanks!

did haunted visons change to just be the scythe or can you still cast mages? since now i cant cast mages anymore no matter what i do. i also dont run scythe with mages (im using lod rat build)