Simulacrum duplicates Skeletal Mage

With Haunted Visions and Nailoj Evol equipped, and Simulacrum set to Reservoir, and without Grim Scythe assigned as a skill, casting Skeletal Mage produces 4 mages.

I tested this with Bone Spikes and Siphon Blood: 4 mages.
With Grim Scythe: 2 mages

4 Likes

Yes, if you don’t have Grim Scythe the Amulet doesn’t change it, i think this might be by design.
However, you should be getting 6 Mages, not 4.

Nailoj grants you +1 additional mage whenever you cast Skeletal Mage.
So if you cast mage, and your sims duplicate that cast, you’re effectively casting 3 mages. Or alternatively, you’re casting 2 Mages, and they duplicate what you’re casting.

Either way, we should get 6… This might be overpowered, but if they don’t want that then it should be made apparently clear that legendary affixes on your gear don’t apply to your sims, and if that’s the case, then SotC, Maltorius, Krysbins, CoE etc… wouldn’t apply to their casts of Bone Spear either, which would make them entirely useless.

1 Like

Just to clarify, I am running the LoD build so I only have 1 simulacrum active, which should total 4 mages.
I can see the sense in avoiding an OP grim scythe mages build, so it probably more a case of ambiguous wording on Haunted Visions.

1 Like

I disagree. How would you be able to fit in a hybrid build to boost the damage of Skeletal Mage and Grim Scythe without making significant sacrifices via the gear, affixes, and gems that are specific to either skill?

A Hybrid build might be able to get somewhat close dps wise, but definitely would have issues spawning mages if simulacrum doesn’t allow the correct number of mages to spawn based on Circle of Nailuj + Simulacrum.

From my testing thus far (assumes Circle of Nailuj and Haunted Visions equipped):

• Blood and Bone + Skeletal Mage (unruned), no Grim Scythe on bar = 6 mages per cast
  • Reservoir + Skeletal Mage (unruned), no Grim Scythe on bar = 4 mages per cast
  • Blood and Bone + Skeletal Mage (unruned) + Grim Scythe (unruned) = 2 mages per cast
  • Reservoir + Skeletal Mage (unruned) + Grim Scythe (unruned) = 2 mages per cast

I think the cause is that simulacrums are not casting their portion of the mages when Haunted Visions is equipped and both Grim Scythe and Skeletal Mage on the skillbar.

This seems like a bug. I’ll be really bummed out if this does not get fixed. I’m super excited to try out a Hybrid Mage / Scythe build but this issue kind of kills the utility and efficiency of the Mages in such a build.

Hybrid builds are already extremely hard to patch together, and this is one that can actually fit all supporting items and affixes for both skills in (Necro has some nice multiplier weapons that aren’t tied to specific skills and an open offhand slot too!).

1 Like

Same here. Tryed out each primary and secondary skill and Grim Scythe bugs Simulacrum.