Simple Question about not so simple items

Not so simple in my own opnion of course. lol

Hopefully asking in the right place of the forums… this is honestly, if I remember at all, my FIRST post in the Diablo forums. lol

Any way, it’s that (most likely) same ol’ story, farming the great land of (most possibly deeply demonic) unicorns and teddy bears, looking for a couple o’ items for transmogs (a certain hamburger and rainbow sword), which brings me to my question, I made this unnecessarily long lol, what are the drop chances on them? and to add another question cause why not, what exactly do they drop FROM? I’ve farmed the place over and over by now… I just want the transmog looks. xD

Ok.

Short as humanly possible:

• You need a rainbow goblin to randomly appear. Once killing it a rainbow portal appears. Once inside - Click and hit everything
  • Alternatively, get the Staff of Herding recipe by killing Izual in High Heavens, when it eventually drops. Add to this the ingredients in order to make the staff: Gibbering gemstone from Chiltara in Caverns of Frost, Leoric’s shinbone from Leorics, Rainbow potion from Mysterious Cave, Mushrooms from Cathedral level1 with Wirts bell from Squirt the peddler. You can make the staff of herding, then go to the old ruins where you see the dead cow and if holding the staff you can open a rainbow portal.

Complicated and sorry for that, but they are the only two ways I know of. The items you need to make the staff are not easy to come by. You might have to try many times to get the ingredients.
Someone might post a link somewhere hopefully.

I know where they drop, just not entirely sure what they drop from, or what their chances are, I’ve farmed the place so many times now I thought I’d ask. lol

Most common places are in the pinada’s. Sometimes in the mushrooms at higher levels.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen pinata, never seen anything drop a mushroom in general either. lol

They can drop from any of the mobs in there. Just RNG like everything else. The pinata’s in Whimsydale drop forgotten souls and DB’s. Mushrooms (they aren’t dropped, they are part of the landscape) will give you DB’s as well. If you think those transmogs are hard to obtain, wait until you get a hankering for the coveted Cosmic Wings…

Oh don’t you worry I want those wings too… but, those can wait, I want a rainbow sword and hamburger! But I don’t ever seen any pinata’s… and none of the mobs have dropped the things I want… I am on a level 70 wizard, so they should drop for me, right?

If you’re in Whimsydale the pinatas are kind of hard to miss. Maybe you are busting them before you even see them? Possible if they are off screen when your spells hit them. There is usually 5 - 7 or more.

The pinata is in every whimsyshire or whimsydale portal. It’s the red and yellow semi-horned thingee you break (like a pinata) :slight_smile:

No, I’d know if I had broken one, I’m sure they drop something, an item at least, but I never see items, and I know what they look like, I know I’d never miss them, if I saw them.

They drop 4-6 DB’s and Forgotten Souls, sometimes more depending on Torment lvl. They might drop other items, but I’ve never seen that. Could happen, though.

Nefertiti pretty much nailed it on the ‘how often’ - Basically, the higher the torment level, the higher the odds of the pinata and other things dropping legendaries.

Nice little update for 6 days after my question, torment, really really annoying, pinatas? Still none, getting bored, just want the transmog, new question: anyone got the weapons to just let me pick up once get the transmog and be happy that I don’t have to go pinata hunting anymore? lol

Yes, you get them after… I have honestly no personal wish to keep them, just transmog! lol

AFAIK, the horadric hamburger and spectrum sword drops from Elites, possibly from mushrooms and presents. The pinatas only drop DB and FS.

You cannot pick up account-bound items, so you can only get those items from others if you run Whimsyshire in MP.

1 Like

To answer that, do you play public? I am sure nobody would mind assisting. If you like playing with others, consider joining a clan? Most clans go out of their way to help each other apparently.

And this is a pinata:

https://i.imgur.com/JUSZtdS.jpg

If you play DH or any other character that can do wide area damage, chances are that you hit them before you can see them.

One more possibility is that the pinatas only show up in Whimsydale, not Whimsyshire.

Come to think of it, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen either the hamburger or Spectrum drop in Whimsyshire. I’ve only found them in Whimsydale. That might be because a lot more items drop in 'dale than 'shire, or that I usually don’t run 'shire (except when I was after the portrait frame). Might be time for you to go rainbow goblin hunting.

1 Like

I have got the burger in Whimsyshire. It says as you know ‘dagger’. The spectrum sword I cannot remember? The only reason I remember it was because it was really early in a season not too long after getting past 70 - around torment 6-7 from memory. You know one of those RNG rare occasions when gibbering gemstone dropped first time with Chiltara early on and so did everything else.

They definitely drop there. This is a screenshot of the Gold Auction House, showing Horadric Hamburgers. As that screenshot’s pre-ROS, pre-rainbow goblins, pre-Whimysdale, the only place they could have come from was Whimsyshire.

1 Like

I am well aware of what the pinata look like, I’d know if I saw it. I would. lol

There was a cartoon where a kid had a lab in his basement and a crazy older sister but I can’t remember the name. The piñata looks like his sister.