Simple DPS Fix for Barbs and Monks

I mean, I feel like it is…

Barbarians need 10 GR levels? They need 2x × 2x damage… go into some items and change some numbers. BK Swords increase damage 0%? Now they increase damage 100%. Lut Socks increase damage 0%? Now they increase damage 100%.

Bada bing, bada boom, you got a new 2x multiplier and another 2x multiplier.

completely hypothetical example, principle remains the same though

1 Like

Agreed on this.

But it seems they recognize this lack of update for barb and they will see it on the future (it has been more than years they know it - maybe more two years they fix it lol).

I get the idea. however. I disagree with the direction you put this in…
IMO:
Beacon of Ytar passive reduces the cooldowns by 20% (standard) and also 1 second for every critical hit.
Like a built in OBSIDIAN RING OF THE ZODIAC but only on crits.

The Mortick’s Bracer’s change is just terrible, as is the Beacon change. Would be better off just increasing the skill damage of EVERY Barb and Monk skill baseline.

The main issue with Barb and Monk is that if you buff them just slightly too much, suddenly you get 3x monk/1x barb, or 3xbarb/1x monk comps, taking not only the support, but the RGK AND trash clear spots.

1 Like

Depending on the engine and language used, it CAN be just as simple as finding the item used in question and then modifying it.

However, given how old the D3 engine is, AND the issues they had with stash tabs… I doubt it’ll be that easy.

Don’t bite on this.
This is bad overall.
You would be forced to use these items in order to get the damage.
People have already written great examples to fix Barbarians.
This is not one of them.

1 Like

All optimal meta builds require the use of specific items either equipped or in the cube. There is no item diversity.

Nev already said that the “great” barbarian fix would never be implemented as is and that it was an unreasonable request. A simpler solution is needed. Barbs asked for Morticks repeatedly and they finally got it. As Free said, it is a lateral buff. We need the witch doctor patch 2.6.5 treatment that really buffed a build. This is the best that we can hope for.

5 Likes

She has never said that.

See our proposal.

This is not exactly true.

Casual players asked for the item without understanding that it dates from 2.2.0 and is of little value. Experienced Barb experts knew better; we clearly stated that Mortick’s is only valuable when combined with other, substantial buffs.

Please double check your facts before you post.

5 Likes

She only said they’re not done with Barbarians. Never implied anything of that sort where they’re incapable of fixing it.

15+ year software architect engineer here. Yes, updating the set bonuses is easy as they likely just some constants somewhere.

2 Likes

Haha, if anyone would do it, the forum would almost have no threads and posts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiling_imp:

Hire Pickes Jr to address barb and monk stuff for us. They don’t have time to. So Pickles could be addressed to focus more on class changes. Let’s do it. For a better tomorrow.

1 Like

Someone above said if they buff Monks and Barbs they’d be afraid of those classes taking up the trash killing role. That’s completely ridiculous.

Barbs would need to do maybe 100 times the damage they do now to match a LON StarPact Wizard in 4 player. Maybe even more.

And no 100x is not an exageration. StarPact 1 shots elites in 150 4p games at relatively low paragon.

People don’t understand how far ahead Wizards and Necros really are when it comes to damage in groups.

3 Likes

Problem is more that Blizzard does not seem to understand either :frowning:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

For her quotes, I bolded key points.

The musings of George Bernard Shaw and David Bowie’s song “Underground” keep running through my mind.

5 Likes

If they set it up the way you would of done it, maybe, but I know that those change in simple numbers, can cause all sorts of problems further down the line
After looking up what a software architect engineer is, you are just the person that gives the orders and leave it to the actual programmers to make it happen
An actual computer programmer or whatever the actual title is of the person writing the actual program has more of a clue as to what can and can’t be done in said program

@Steve, I was an engineer for ~5-6 years. I did a good job and learned the architecture so they let me do design work for other engineers. You don’t become a software architect if you can’t program :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow do people actually believe that changjng a variable such as “Demon Hunter Set Bonus 5” from [10,000%] to [40,000%] or whatever is “impossible” or a super complicated genius level programming feat?

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

They literally just added way more complicated code such as an amulet that doubles your damage until you take damage or an amulet that doubles pylon duration and Messerchmidt’s Reaver which gives you reduced cooldown on kill etc.

You think they can do all of that, and add stuff no one is really askjng for, but CAN’T static item values?

Come on, use your critical thinking. PicklesJR is is right about set bonuses.

2 Likes

Ah I skipped that part… So… Sad that they can not fix the core issues that restrict them.