Shrine effects from potion use not working as intended

Was doing some farming for staff parts in Torment 16, and using potions to stack up shrine effects. Follower has the Gloves of Worship equipped.

Was working fine. After farming for some time, I killed a Bloodshard Goblin in Act 3 the Frost Caverns 2nd floor and triggered a cow level. I finished clearing the Frost Caverns (Chiltara was stingy again) and then entered cow level and began to clear it.

While clearing it, a Fissure spawned. I finished clearing the cow level, then proceeded to clear the fissure afterward.

I don’t know at exactly what point the potion use stopped refreshing my shrine powers, but after finishing the fissure, I happened to look at the effect stack pop up while hitting the potion and noticed none of the shrine powers reset.

Then I purposely tested it again when the potion came off cool down. None of the 5 active powers reset.

So I started recording the game:

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90J9cGTJI00

Here you can see this effect in action. I then left game and restarted, and it immediately began to work again as shown above.

Just wanted to pass it along.

1 Like

I’m having trouble understanding where the bug is.
You leave the game, all bonuses are canceled.

On the second part (when you’re launching new a game), you relaunched the potion and got got a new power (Speed)

(Ok, I understood)

Can you repeat the same thing again? With the same character?

The bug is that the potion was no longer randomly refreshing any of the shrine effects like it should.

Correct.

No idea. I did detail what I was doing and the different things that were going on during the time this would have started happening.

I don’t know exactly when it started, it was something I noticed by chance.

As described, I was farming Frost Caverns for Chiltara to get a Gibbering. While clearing the second floor of the Frost caverns, I had encountered a Blood shard Goblin and it spawned a Cow level rift.

I finished the cavern, didn’t get anything from Chiltara, and then started clearing the Cow level.

The Cow level has a lot of shrines within it as well. Anyway, during my clearing of that map, a fissure spawned. I finished clearing the Cow level then went and cleared the fissure.

At some point between the Cow level and finishing the fissure, this bug began. I don’t have a specific point in time that I can point at and go AHA!

But that’s all there is to it.

Welp, it really is bugged.
There was no problem with the first Vision of Enmity portal that opened inside cow level for me, but inside the second Vision in the same game the potions dont refresh buffs, and it continues to be bugged after that.

Awkward how nobody noticed this for over half a year :smiley: Kind of speaks volumes about the community. Or the other guy didnt even take 10 minutes to test :wink:
For me this is the first season im really into these portals

Gloves of Worship are bugged yes, everything works without them.

1 Like

How did you determine that part?

When the bug happened, did you take the gloves off and try it then? Did you then put the gloves back on and see if the bug came back?

Just curious.

If I get it to happen again, I will test this as well.

Maybe no one noticed (myself included) because the shrine effects aren’t that crucial when running cow levels and visions?

1 Like

After two vision portals:
Without the gloves of worship the buff is refreshing,
With the gloves it doesnt refresh buff inside Second vision in a game, and after.

Thats for quick testing,

re-equip seems to help iguess but thats not the point in bothering to do it, and it not always give the buff anyway.

I dunno it doesn’t really affect the gameplay that much to care about it, but it is bugged somehow.

Those are opinions. Not everyone may consider it trivial either. It IS a bug obviously.

And if its happening here, who’s to say it isn’t happening someplace else?

Well, at least its confirmed then.

1 Like

Just noticed potion buffs randomly disappearing inside first Vision in a game, without the gloves of worship…
So whats wrong with it now?

and honestly two tests by two people isnt 100% confirmation, im just not going to look at it anymore :smiley:
Mainly using deaths breaths drop bonus set pieces on follower

What’s that got to do with it? I run this as well, but using a RoRG to have that and the gloves…

Thanks for testing at least. But the fact that two people can see it and it was reproducible indicates a potential interaction bug with the gloves.

I will do some more of my own testing later.

It’s not an opinion that no one seems to have noticed this bug in visions. It looks like a fact.
Great that you have noticed it of course. :+1:

Just ran a Vision about max levels deep. Blessed, Frenzied and Fleeting were all refreshed several times. At a time Fleeting was running low, maybe to about 4 minutes left because the other effects were refreshed several times. But before the end Fleeting was up to 10 minutes again. Also had an Enligthened shrine buff up during the run.

EU region and Vision spawned in Temple of Firstborn.

Next I opened a cow level (Bovine Bardiche) the first vision wasn’t so deep but ended up with all four shrine effects in place, one or two of them refreshed, Enlightened, Blessed, Frenzied, Fleeting and also had an Empowered from the Cow map.
The second Vision in the cow level didn’t have many level so I only had three powers up, of which one was refreshed. The third and last Vision gave me all four effects and refreshed some of them.

Gloves of Worship on follower all the time (enchantress).

Not using gloves of worship but DB set + cain set for extra keys, because no idea why would anyone even use worship outside of pushing GR solo.
No idea why im using DB set, having 400k of them, but well…

if you guys want faster way for testing, use necromancer with blood flask curse to refresh potion cooldown, annoying but it cooldowns faster iguess

and sorry for spoiling the fun but we are not going to get any “patch” to this game, only seasonal themes rotations, i hope im mistaken but pretty sure there arent going to be any fixes or anything

I guess for me, I would rather have the gloves than both of those at the same time. I just swap pieces if I need to farm keys, but to be honest, I don’t even bother farming for keys anymore, as I get hundreds pretty easily with the whole fissure thing anyway… lol

To each their own I guess.

The whole point is there is an obvious bug here, I had posted video proof of it, and that’s apparently that.