Show us your LOD builds!

Can’t post links still as I’m still trust level 0 but I’ve set up my LOD build on:

Account: SwankyDevil-1805
Character: SpiritFingas

My profile isn’t updating despite several exits of the game but here’s the general setup and the skills are right:

What wasn’t showing at time of post was that I now have TnT gloves (trifecta Int ones), and ancient Karini and CoE rings instead of LON.

The idea behind this setup?

1. I love the electrocute skill… who doesn’t want to fire force lightning at their enemies?
  2. I miss the old M6 build of having powerful sentries that actually do damage against enemies on their own accord. Lightning Hydras seem to be the next best thing to scratch that itch.

Previously, the build lacked toughness… I couldn’t fit both MH and Karini on and I think I only felt comfortable with doing up to around GR60. But with LoD, I can do get some more DR now. I also had Mirror Image on the build to help get more Black Holes in but I’m gonna try Deflection first… see if that can help me push higher.

Will probably use Simplicity and Zeis as my other two gems.

How about you? What LoD builds are you setting up?

3 Likes

My favorite one would be a LoD Seismic Slam build that focuses on spamming Seismic Slam instead of the Leap/EQ MotE version that uses SS just as a means to reduce the cooldown of EQ and Leap.

Skills

• Cleave - Reaping Swing
  • Seismic Slam - Scattered Ground (fire - main skill)
  • Leap - Death from Above (used primarily as a tool for either engaging or escaping)
  • Ground Stomp - Deafening Crash (for reduced cooldown and slow. Used for more survivability)
  • War Cry - Impunity (for some additional Fury generation and defensive bonus)
  • Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity (to healp dealing with elites. this is far away from having a 100% uptime and only gets activated against elites)

Passive Skills
pretty standard stuff

• Ruthless
  • Bloodthrist (more sustain)
  • No Escape (more SS damage against enemies further away)
  • Tough as Nails

Equipment

• Weapon: Fury of the Vanished Peak
  • Helm: Leoric’s (here basically everything fits as a gem: reduced cooldowns, reduced resource costs, max life)
  • Chest Armor: Cindercoat (obviously)
  • Pants: some random ancient (BiS would be ancient Swamp Land pants with fire)
  • Boots: Lut Socks
  • Shoulders: some random ancient
  • Gloves: St Archew’s Gage (absorb shield when encountering elites, for some more protection)
  • Bracers: Bracers of Destruction
  • Belt: String of Ears
  • Rings: LoN (will be replaced with Unity/Zodiac/Band of Might/CoE when next patch hits)
  • Amulet: Ess of Johan (the pull vortex effect is just nice, my favorite legendary effect in the game, sadly does not proc too often)
  • Cube: The Furnace, Nemesis Bracers, Unity
4 Likes

Posting using the alt account so people can look at build more easily.

Yeah, I remember when SS was added to leapquake, I thought it was gonna be sweet to use SS as a damage dealer but it’s ended up being another fury dump.

Would the CotA shoulders be good for some fury gen or do you find between Warcry, leap and ground stomp that you get enough fury back?

2 Likes

I felt the same. I was hoping that SS would be the main focus of the set and that Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap etc would take a supportive role in it, but it sadly was vice versa.

I had an idea on how to redesign the set to make it more focused on SS, but who knows if that will ever happen…

2 set bonus
Everytime you use Seismic Slam, the cooldown of Leap, Ground Stomp, Avalanche and Earthquake gets reduced by x seconds.

4 set bonus
Every use of Seismic Slam, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear, Avalanche or Earthquake reduces your damage taken by 4% for 15 seconds, stacking up to 15 times.

6 set bonus
Increases the damage of Seismic Slam, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear, Avalanche and Earthquake by 20.000%
OR
Every use of Seismic Slam increases the damage of Seismic Slam, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear, Avalanche and Earthquake by 2.000% for 15 seconds, stacking up to 10 times

Legendary Items

Lut Socks
Leap causes an Earthquake when you land and Ground Stomp causes an Avalanche

Weapon
Increases the damage of Seismic Slam, Avalanche and Earthquake by xxx% and Seismic Slam has a xx% chance to either cause an Earthquake or an Avalanche when it hits an enemy

I wouldn’t have perma-Ancients since I couldn’t use the 2 piece bonus of the IK set, so they wouldn’t be active.

And yes, I still have enough Fury generation, in fact, I would say that I have too much Fury generation, because I personally would like to use Cleave more often, because it would create more of rotation and having to manage resource at bit more, which I personally like.

A lot of my Fury generation comes from Leap (three times in a row with Lut Socks), although I would prefer to use Leap differently, but to do that, it would need to have 2 or 3 charges instead of a cooldown. With Lut Socks you can only use Leap 3 times within 2 seconds, but if you had charges, you would have more leeway for when to use Leap.

I would very much prefer if they remove the Fury generation from Leap, but therefore give it 2 or 3 charges.

2 Likes

After looking at my ancient DH gear in NS for a bit, I think I’m gonna try my hand at a LOD traps build… Namely rocket sentries and Spiked Traps.

I have ancient Bombardiers, demons demise and Traga Coils. I think I have ancient TNTs too.

Will probably have 3x wolves with Zoeys for more DR since I won’t need Hellcats.

I like my Barb LoN (pre LoD) build for when Morlock’s comes in and Messcherschmidt. It kicked in the PTR with those. You can click on my picture, select ‘view profile’, then scroll to page 2 on my profile and look at ‘Sylvester’.
I have a pre-saved set in armory for the LoD gem and different rings.

Exactly the same as my LoN WoL monk from Season 17 except with LoD instead of the Enforcer gem.

I’m just glad I get to keep playing my rapidfire build. Most of the time pushing isn’t very fun for me, but S17 has been a blast. Made it to gr117, which is wayyyyy more than I’ve ever done. Can’t wait to throw my nonseason gear on it and try out the extra paragon, even if I do have to lose a legendary gem.

Made it to gr107 with rapidfire build and I it was my best solo run ever, but I still prefer UE Multishot over rapidfire. Rapidfire build is too exhausting for me…

1 Like

I got an idea for an LoD Lightning Barb which uses WW as the main skill and relies heavily on CDR for perma-wrath. So, obviously you know the build also includes Mortick’s Bracers because why not?

Helm: Leoric’s w/ CC & AR (or WW Dmg if you think you’re tanky enough)

Shoulders: Fury of the Ancients w/ Str, Vit, AR & AD

Chest: Aquila Cuirass w/ Str, Vit, AR, 3 os

Gloves: Tasker & Theo w/ Str, CC, CD & AS

Belt: Thundergod’s Vigor w/ 15% Lightning Damage, Str, Vit, AR

Bracers: Mortick’s Brace w/ 20% Lightning Damage, Str, Vit, & CC

Pants: Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan w/ Str, Vit, AR & 2 os

Amulet: Hellfire Amulet w/ Str, CC, CD & 1 os

Ring 1: Zodiac Ring w/ AS, CC, CD & 1 os

Ring 2: Wyrdward w/ AS, CC, AD & 1 os

Weapon 1: Odyn Son w/ (ranged damage), 20% Lightning Damage, AS, CDR & Ramaladni’s (Flawless Royal Emerald)

Weapon 2: Thunderfury w/ (ranged damage), Str, AS, CDR & Ramaladni’s (Flawless Royal Emerald)

Cube: Schaefer’s Hammer, Mantle of Channeling & Band of Might

Skills: Whirlwind w/ Wind Shear
Furious Charge w/ Dreadnought
Overpower w/ Killing Spree
Call of the Ancients
Wrath of the Berserker
Battle Rage w/ Swords to Ploughshares

Passives: Boon of Bul-Kathos, Animosity, Weapons Master, Unforgiving, Inspiring Presence.

Legendary Gems: Legacy of Dreams, Bane of Stricken, Bane of the Trapped

I think this is a pretty solid list to speed farm T16. It’s not really designed to do much else. The Wastes Set may even be more effective, but it’s not very creative. I also don’t believe that Rend has any business being on that set and should be changed to something more useful.

The idea is that this build should have enough lightning procs going on that enemies will probably be perma-stunned for the memes while also being able to farm T16. Anyway, that’s my wishlist for Season 18.

1 Like

Everyone of my Male SC Toons is LoD ready
My Barb will change to Morticks Bracer once released and some toons i will farm flavor of time but beside that their good to go. Interesting to know peoples thoughts.
I have a LoD build for each class

1 Like

Been thinking about it too. I just might go all LOD this season for most
characters, like convert all existing.

1 Like

They need to do a season where we start with a rank 25 lod gem form the end of chapter 2 and have no sets. But we need more legendary powers and balance changes before they do that.

I played this years ago through IK!