Should the GOD dh get some nerfs?

Well I just wanted to set the record straight! I know you were joking though.

For all the DHs that you can see in the top 100, they are zDPS using GoD 2 (or 3 with RoRG) with Yang’s Recurve as the weapon with cubed Odyssey’s end. None are impale. I did create a thread last PTR suggesting further buff to holy point shot.

This fact was also noted earlier in this thread.

There are 2 zDPS Barbs on Hardcore (America server) that cleared 150 GR on season why don’t you ask to nerf them too, clearly they SOLOed a 150 GR so they must be OP:roll_eyes:

Just because Dev(s) made stupid decissions in the past by nerfing WDs, Crusaders and Wizards doesn’t mean they can’t learn from it and stop repeating them unless they want even more players to leave the game and hate them even more…

This kind of action would only harm them (Blizz) as players might finally OPEN their eyes and just like they show us the middle finger with their braindead nerfs, players will do the same when Diablo 4 comes out and WON’T buy it, cause No One wants his favourite build getting nuked from the orbit in D4 and I bet we will see the same BS they do in D3 RoS in D4 too and you must be really naive if you think they won’t…

Honestly all the previous nerfs are the reason why I’ll never buy D4, cause I’m sick and tired of being told HOW I’m supposed to play the game I PAYED FOR!!

1 Like

Then why respond. Why Iria…WHY ? xD

the topic is about GoD set? so 6-set bonus? more precisely: DAMAGE DH ??? anyone trash talking about zDps DH in top 100 here ?! intellect of a donkey or drunk or fresh from the asylum ?!

yes … these blatant zdps barbarians …
of course they do the same in d4. in overwatch they do it too. only 1 healer of the 7 possible can be played there. all others are mediocre in comparison or even useless at all. and that changes every few months.
i haven’t bought anything from the company for years. it is an absolute waste of money. because the money does not go into the development of the games. at overwatch there is nothing new for a year. just ugly skins that hardly anyone needs.

2 Likes

Uff, then 99% of the games are not for you, as most of them do have tutorials ^^

Don’t see you jumping up and down to buff UE MS (a build I prefer the mechanics of vs GoD or even S6) or Nats or M6…even back in the last Era when it was Impale all up and down the boards, many GRs stronger than anything except the super High Paragon folks with LoD RF…

No one (as I’m sure has been mentioned every time you bring this up) is forcing you to do anything. Zero people are forcing you. That’s the same number of people discriminating against you. Hell, your beloved S6 build got a nice little buff last go around right? My beloved UE MS build got squat and is so bad you have to run a hybrid with CC3 to do enough damage and survive. Don’t see where you railed against that power creep.

Again I said you equate the mechanics to button mashing because that’s what happens on CONSOLE…you mash buttons. I don’t get how you can’t understand that? Am I missing something that you don’t push a button on your console controller to activate a skill of some kind like Impale or FoK or Vault or whatever? Don’t event have to worry about Shadow Power after one click unless you die. You said in another thread something like GoD6 is too many buttons…but it’s not. Whatever, maybe I’m misunderstanding what you mean by disliking the mechanics and mean more the playstyle?

No. But then again, I don’t care. I play what I enjoy because it’s a game. I don’t get paid to play. I don’t care if I ever make a leaderboard because it doesn’t mean anything. I maybe get to play a few hours off an on during the week. I’ll likely never be 5k paragon NS. But guess what? I don’t care.

I tried playing on console and gave up because I complete sucked at - so no, it’s not PC elitist at all. I’d much rather play on a 65" 4k monitor, but I’m no good so I absolutely respect your ability there.

This game will never (IMO) be completely balanced across classes or within classes. There aren’t enough people working on it and personally I’m happy to keep getting new stuff in a game I started 8 years ago and last plunked down a whopping $15 3 years ago. People should be happy this game is still being worked on.

Lol whut? Isn’t that the point of any game??? I thought the idea of most games like this was to succeed at the highest available content…I mean at some point the loot grind becomes moot if you end up with perfect items in every slot and max augs/gems…what else would there be to do but solo the highest available GR???

Oh, we get it - you hate everything except Impale and don’t want anything to be better than it because you’re so good at it and no one knows cuz leaderboards full of GoD. Leaderboards that win you what exactly? I hate Impale so even though it was stronger and I could “rank” higher, I played UE MS because it’s a GAME and I enjoyed it.

I want UE MS to be as strong. Some folks want Chakram, or heaven forbid Barb IK or Monk Ulianas.

And they don’t care.

6 Likes

respect and objectivity is too much to ask? if everyone starts trolling, the forum turns into a garbage can.
I’m not even going to suggest that you have to have played 99% of the games to claim something like that. one like that belongs in Guinness World Records.

2 Likes

I’m on the same boat as you. I love UE Multishot and I hate that I can’t play it in season 21, because it lacks damage, but even though I play the GoD build in season I prefer the UE Multishot much better, yet I’m not crying for nerfs to GoD just because UE Multishot is weak!

I made a post with buffs to the UE set, Yang’s Bow and Dead Man’s Legacy to actually make the build STRONGER.
I even made suggestions on how to make Marauder’s and Nataly’as set with supporting items stronger (the Wall of Text ignored by the nerf “moar powahcreep” squad).
Unlike you (dpastern) not you PMG, I actually want to make OTHER builds STRONGER and don’t cry on forums like a little girl that boo hoo I can’t get on leaderboards with Impale build, cause it’s full of GoD build DHs…
Guess what I play GoD this season yet I didn’t make it to the leaderboards, but I’m not crying for nerfs, cause I can’t get on your beloved leaderboards or even clear a 130 GR with the GoD set…
Anyone who can think wants to have a bigger diversity when clearing the highiest GRs including 150 GR SOLO and the best way to achieve it is to BUFF the weakest ones to the current one that already did 150 GR, that’s NO ROCKET SCIENCE and I bet that even I could do it or at least buff one more DH set and supporting items (if I knew the code and how to do it), to be at least 4-8 or even 5-10 behind the GoD build or even almost as strong as it and I could probably do it IN A DAY instead of MONTHS… :man_facepalming:

There’s no such thing as a PERFECT balanced ARPG game, D2 LoD also had OP builds and guess what DEVS didn’t care, they maybe did 3 or 4 major nerfs and that’s it.
Unlike the current Dev(s) those from D2 LoD, did actually understand their playerbase even though they didn’t give them everything they want, but at least they DIDN’T RUIN every single OP build in the game not to mention that D2 LoD had 1000% more stable servers than currently D3 RoS has and Blizz North was POOR compared to Acti-Blizz…

The whole rant isn’t aimed at you PMG, just to make things clear only at those Nerf and “Mo4r P0w4hcr33p” D1g1t4l K4r3n5…

3 Likes

that’s true by the way. I also played d2 way too much and had a good ping even with the super slow internet.
I used to play d3 on US servers. super cool people most of the time. only now i have been getting extreme 1k-3k long spikes for 1-2 years …
savings are made everywhere and in the wrong places.

2 Likes

No that would be something different.

No, just because you put your time and effort into something is should not always be equal to everything else. Why? Because the world doesnt work that way. You can put your heart and soul and everything you have into something and sometimes. It still is not good enough to compete with better. That is just the way it is. No matter how much time and effort you put into a mustang it will still not equal my GTR. See what I mean?

I think the problem comes from a false sense of everything should be equal. The world just doesnt work that way, Not everyone or everything is equal. Anything else would not be worth it.

1 Like

So this is a video game, that’s purpose is fun and enjoyment. No laws of physics or economics are violated by making it so multiple builds with different styles to appeal to different people’s preferences are able to be equally effective. I get that some builds will be better suited to speed runs/farming and some pushing, but that doesn’t mean that a variety of push builds for a variety of classes can’t be within ~3GR of each other given equal paragon and equipment.

I’m not sure why you would intentionally design a game where some builds have absolutely no advantage compared to others. Valid trade offs that make the decision more meaningful? Sure. Randomly selecting only certain playstyle builds to be successful regardless of time/effort put in, just because other things in life aren’t always even? Not really sure that makes sense for something that is supposed to be about having fun. In my opinion, having reasonable ROI is fun. Being able to play the way you have the most fun (within reason) and not be penalized for your preferences is fun.

The reality for D3 might be that it’s not worth Blizzard’s investment at this point in an 8 year old game’s life cycle to achieve that balance, but from a game design perspective, I don’t see what it wouldn’t be the goal to have a variety of play styles that can achieve the same goal given equivalent play time.

I’m into cars too, GTRs are cool, what all is done to yours?

2 Likes

If all of them are with in 3 GR of each other. There is no meaning to what you do or what class you pick. All you are doing is putting yourself in an echo chamber. If all the builds are close to the same. Then what does it matter what you pick? It doesnt. There is no meaning to it. No personality. No chance of someone by way of skill, taking a build and making it a legend due to how its under powered but they made it work.

Oh no it is not worth it. But then games like this are never really balanced, they tried that a long time ago where all classes and builds were equal. It got very boring very fast.

As for the GTR. I just took delivery and cant drive it on the roads here in the US.(EU mod) Just got done with replacing the transbrake. But that is all for another forum.

I think the issue about your choices mattering is an issue with the current game driving you into specific builds with specific skills that are buffed by sets. Your choices don’t matter because you have no real choices. Right now if I want to play as a Barb, and I want to push high, then I have to play Zodiac Rend, or to a lesser extent Frenzy. How is that a more meaningful choice? With the level of power creep and crazy set multipliers, there is no “making it work” with an under powered set in D3. If I want to play IK HotA, I’m penalized to clear lower than Rend. At this point with D3 we are pigeon holed into certain playstyles based on the set design the devs have given us, with a few LOD/LON exceptions. Basically every set already has the best items and stats on the items known. It’s all down to how long you play and how lucky you are at getting the right stats on the gear. All I’m saying is that at this point, why not let someone who prefers the IK HotA playstyle be able to clear the same GR level as someone who prefers Zodiac Rend, provided the IK player has put in the work to have equivalent paragon, augments, and items. How does it make the game worse to allow people to choose which playstyle is fun, and work toward building that character, knowing that they aren’t being artificially penalized b/c the devs decided to throw a few extra zeros on a different set bonus “because reasons”?

GTR is definitely a cool car, congrats and I hope you enjoy it. But I wouldn’t go around saying “no amount of effort (mods) can make another model equal it”. There are definitely modded Mustangs that embarrass let alone equal a basically stock GTR. There are also crazy GTR builds. Once you throw mods in, it’s all about cubic dollars to win.

1 Like

See you are focusing on the fact you think the end game is that bot list (as the clans call it). Why? Because it just isnt capable of it. You dont cure cancer by trying real hard. You have to have the right set up.

Jut because people like something doesnt mean they should be given a false sense of equality. There will always be builds that are better than other builds. If they were all equal then whats the point. Just pick one at random and go. The is the same mentality they used when they put easy combos in fighting games and look how that turned out.

You are thinking about the US models. Please understand that they US and the EU are not the same stock car. The EU stock GTR is not allowed on the US roads to being over powered and having no air bags. Not its not. The GTR is just far better then the currant systems for is using. There is a reason the GTR will eat a Lambo for lunch and a mustang just wont. But I have seen some American muscle cars that are crazy.

Curing cancer is the real world bound by real laws of the universe. This is a video game, created for fun and enjoyment.

I don’t think end game is necessarily chasing the leaderboard, but at the same time if power levels of different builds vary too much, you get into a point where you are either forced into the more powerful build, or gimp yourself to not even be able to farm efficiently (I think most set builds can do T16 now, but there were definitely patches where some classes couldn’t farm T13 very efficient back when that was the highest difficulty)

Different builds will have things they are better at, like speed farming vs. push depending on their strengths, that’s fine. But out of the builds that are suited for pushing, I don’t see the benefit to the game to have an artificially created damage difference that means that certain builds can clear as much as 15-20 GR higher. I will admit that I wasn’t thinking about difficulty to play in that. I am also okay with builds that are harder to play correctly due to build mechanics rewarding that skill with higher clears. I just don’t think the gap necessarily needs to be so huge between builds of similar difficulty like we have right now.

All the push builds having roughly the same potential, the point is that you CAN just choose the style you like best. Do you want to whirl around shooting things as GoD? Would you rather mow everything down with MS? Wade through the enemies and smash them in the face? It’s possible to buff the damage of all the sets so that either method is capable of clearing a GR. Then the player gets to chose which class and build best suits their idea of enjoyment. They can then spend the time to master the skill required for the build to perform well, and farm the necessary gear.

This is a game. The whole purpose is for people to have fun playing it.

We may have to agree to disagree. I think we’ve both made our positions clear and I don’t think we’ll convince the other.

My point is you said “any amount of effort” To me effort includes mods. There are modded mustangs that absolutely would eat “a Lambo” for lunch. But anyway agreed that’s a tangent for a different forum.

Not quite – the difference becomes:

1. The actual playstyle of the build (ranged, up close, tanky, glass cannon, single target, multiple targets, mobile, utility benefits to the group, etc)
  2. The quality of the gear one has acquired to create such build.
  3. The player’s own skill and ability to push it to the limits.

When you achieve dozens of balanced builds, it creates an environment supporting player personality – the build a player chooses becomes their identity. You don’t get that with the meta crap most play today.

Example of Today’s conversation:

“Zelendel” is an amazing DH, look at his leaderboard clear.

Example of What it Should Be:

“Zelendel” is an amazing DH, he’s real sharp with “Chakram”, check out his gear and leaderboard clear. He did that with Cold Chakram.

3 Likes

I don’t believe in miracles. I would be happy if all class sets and LOD builds were at least in 6-10 GR range of each other with max 150 GR being capable to clear SOLO. Anything lower than 5 GR would be like winning the lottery…

1 Like

On the contrary. If all builds / classes were within 3 GRs of each other, most players would just play what they enjoy, rather than feeling obligated to pick the most effective, even if they don’t enjoy it.

5 Likes

That would matter if it was as simple as look at who ever as they, can do, the same thing with the build.

The fear is simple. Like stupid simple. It takes me less then a day to outfit a new build with what ever I want on it.

There really is no skill based on this game. It’s AL, lthe same over powered builds played all the same way.

No your build doesn’t become your identity. That has to be the weirdest thing I have ever heard.