Should I play as a Crusader or Necro for PvE fun?

Was thinking of rolling a new toon as either a Crusader or Necromancer. Which one has more utility and fun for PvE content?

I also may or may not end up playing with friends too, so which one serves more benefit to the team in group play? I didn’t want to focus on healing though as much as doing DPS but I’d love to be tanky enough to withstand damage for long periods of time. Does Necro have a tanky build I can use? I liked the aesthetic of undead stuff but I liked the tank aspect of Crusader.

Depends on you and what you find fun. I had some fun with crusader to Torment 15 (not on 16 or with GRs really, at all) doing a pony thorn bombardment but I’ve liked necro in every other way except speed (because I find them slow and I really hate how they do not naturally regain Essence without a skill - even barbarian can get Fury back without a skill if they wanted).

In regards to tanky necro - yes, both Trag’Oul and the revamped Burning Carnival are pretty good, especially this season where you can get both passability and CC immunity without a Cube slot. I’m still using the Guardian mini set and that has really helped with the damage, before I could get my simulacrums to stay around forever.