Shadow mantle dungeon problem, help!

In the dungeon and can’t chain impale due to my demon hunter killing things without me doing anything by firing white bolts that kill anything that gets near to him, checked all my gear and everything on me but still can’t see where this is coming from,anyone know what this is, an explanation would be greatly appreciated,

Could it be Buriza or Band of Hollow Whispers in the cube causing the problem?

1 Like

the one place i didn’t look i think you may off nailed it ,thanks

Please let me know if it is the solution. Just a guess on my part.

P.S. Don’t use a follower either.

2 Likes

Lightening gem in your amulet? Thunderfury proccing lightening, perhaps? Lots of improvements needed in your build. Check out icy-veins guide. Might help.

it is the cube, only been playing 2 weeks or so, still learning the mechanics

Profile doesn’t show any cube powers. I’m willing to bet it’s your sword. Read what it’s legendary power does - when you hit with an attack it has a chance to blast the enemy and surrounding mobs with lightning, thus breaking the chain. That’s not really a good weapon for a Demon Hunter. Would you happen to have a Karlei’s Point dagger to replace it with? And the Wreath of Lightning gem in your necklace is doing the same thing - that’s what is causing those white bolts you are seeing. Take it out. The only thing you want doing damage in there is your Impales. Try it and see?

my current set up is not what i was using in the dungeon, i stripped everything i could see was doing AOE damage and used different stuff

Your profile is the only thing we have to use to help you, so except for that I don’t know what to tell you. Good luck. Check icy veins, they have a good guide to help.

One other thing I didn’t see mentioned… make sure you don’t have any Thorns, otherwise mobs can kill themselves when you walk up to them.

Good call, Meteor. Chest piece has +thorns…

He has changed his original build relative to the initial post. For example, he was using a Born sword initially. Presumably, he already got the set dungeon done.

1 Like