Shadow Impale: In-Depth Feedback

If it makes you feel better, the buff to Rathma is … ok. The AI on the summoned minions is terrible to the point where they often just stand there doing nothing. So I"m thinking non season theme GR 125-135.

Last chance to provide a buff to Shadow. Please give us a reason to run this build again!

2 Likes

The “buff” to chemical burn working with the 6 pc is actually quite nice. Did a quick rank 1 clear and now uploading a video on it. Impale is now quite a bit better on single targets than it was.

Impale is a little stronger than GoD6, but it’s not going to come within range of M6, but I think that’s to be expected as M6 hasn’t shined since season 1.

Today test Impale: Diablo III | Demon Hunter | Shadow Impale | GR 133 | Rank 11 | PTR 2.7.2 "Season 25" - YouTube

1 Like

One reason i liked impale was the single target damage. Trash just got in the way. The changes are cool but its not something id play over god or marauders.

1 Like

This adjustment fits her perfectly. E.g. I had Hamelin in that video, Impale wouldn’t stand a chance there and now she’s fine.

1 Like

People may not admit it, but a build’s power greatly determines if someone will play it. Even if you are the type to against the grain and willingly play awkward builds – you likely won’t pick this one up because it’s a hair too weak.

Chemical Burn is a step in the right direction, it makes solo pushing with Esoteric Alteration practical – it supports Impale as a semi-viable RGK option in 150 groups. But overall Impale is still 1-2 GRs too weak on the solo boards.

I believe Impale with Chemical Burn is as good as AoV Heaven’s Fury with Pig Sticker – but AoV HF is now played with Norvald’s.

The Shadow 2pc bonus can be lifted to 8,000% damage, which will increase this build’s usage, or, they can just give the Chemical Burn rune for free rune on the 6pc set bonus. Doing the latter is probably the best choice because it fixes solo play – making Impale a little more well-rounded.

to be honest, sometimes the gear I find help push me in a direction if 2 or 3 builds are in the same ballpark.

Yes, but you’re going to need more than good gear to pick S6 over M6 (+5GRs stronger).

And as you know, being “semi-viable” still will not get you into most groups. If you are not on par with other options, you will not get that invite. You will need a group of very good and understanding friends to be able to run S6 in a meta run.

At the very least, I would love to see a buff so that S6 group speed farming becomes a thing. That would be crazy fun. Mobile, elite hunting, and a blast to play. Ahh, the good old days…

If its really fun I dont mind a few GRs difference. Sometimes having shiny gear is better :wink:

2 Likes