Shadow Clones - Please Remove Them

Softcore players are suffering from this as well, ‘clone reflect’ off a dervish killed my character, and it cost me almost 11,000 in gold to repair at the Blacksmith. Feels bad man.

6 Likes

Several posters, myself included, pointed out these problems repeatedly during the PTR. Do you know what the response from Blizzard was? Ha ha! Trick question, there was no response. They were too busy dealing with hideous server problems to actually fix anything with the clones.

The screen freeze in the PTR seemed to be related to summoning clones that use assets that aren’t loaded yet. I’ve been playing my HC wizard quite a bit this season and haven’t yet had the screen freeze. But I’m only running GR60 since I haven’t got all the gear yet to start pushing. I didn’t get a damn Serpent Sparker until I made Paragon 250. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Thankfully they fixed that and we have had nary a peep about any such issues cropping up this season :grin:

Yes, yes, I’m sure it was because we didn’t test it well enough…

…it’s definitely not that they ignored the feedback / bug reports.

7 Likes

Its annoying, but best thing to do is to stop using nemesis bracers. :confused:

1 Like

There was an outstanding post on the PTR listing all the problems with clones (allthough lag wasn’t one of them , but that might because the PTR server itself was laggy as sh** allthough you’re the first I hear about this).

Let’s see if I can find it. Ah, there it is.

And as usual the Devs quickly took notice of our feedback and acted accordingly :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

You could have found it in the post I made 80 minutes before yours…

2 Likes

Wait, what? You can actually die if a clone attacks the dune dervish? For me they run smoothly so far, never had an issue apart from crusader clones vanishing sometimes.

Not in my experience.

Not in my experience.

If they bother you that much, teleport back to town for a second. They despawn when you leave the level that spawned them.

The only thing for me is that they disappear more often than not. There seems to be a problem with this for Crusaders. I personally don’t care to much about it, this season is more about the 4th cube slot for me

Had my post open for quite a bit (work :wink:) so I hadn’t seen you reply.

I’m waiting for blizzard to come to the rescue with a “working as intended”.

1 Like

If the clone is of a type that has projectiles in its abilities, yes. For example, one of the DH clones has Impale, all three Necro clones have Bone Spear.

Most of the hero classes have clones that do not have projectile attacks, so have nothing for the Dervishes to reflect. Of course, if you group up with one of the “problem” classes, their clones can kill you. There was also a bug on PTR where non-DH heroes would sometimes spawn DH clones, so it was possible for non-DH heroes to be killed by their own clone’s Impale attacks.

2 Likes

yeah thats why i dont play hc because i dont want to a bug kill my character, an easy fix is dont play hc, and problem solved

1 Like

Ironically, teleporting back to town won’t actually despawn them. They follow you through waypoints and portals, just not area exits.

I’m thinking the opposite, had no probs at all, they do wander a little but as long as they hit stuff I don’t care. Darn site better than last seasons stuff which would hit fresh air a lot of the time.

1 Like

But they also rejoin you when you enter that level again, so this doesn’t work.

Bro, simply teleporting to town when you are running support in a 2-man 120 this early in the season is not an option. It happened almost instantly. As soon as I hit the shrine, I called out dervishes, I got proc’d, we started taking evasive measures and the monk clone spammed his attack into another dervish spin and I was dead. The whole thing took about 5 seconds.

1 Like

That’s a really stupid solution. I’m sorry but seriously? Pylons are a staple of high GR’s. That’s not even an option.

3 Likes

I feel your pain, it caught me off guard as a zbarb to see myself proc out of nowhere and then we realized it was from the dervishes reflecting clone abilities. It happened almost instantly but luckily I was able to get away quickly. This is really brutal on HC and it’s a shame that this ‘feature’ acts to take nem bracers away from GR’s which I don’t imagine was their intent, but I guess at this point who knows.

1 Like