Shadow Clones Are Killing Me

Those reflected projectiles shouldn’t even exist - atleast in their current form. If the reflected attacks would be scaled of percentage of life or difficulty & well scaled… simply said: Anything that is not by default absolutely ridiculous.

But scaled by player damage with healthpools somewhere around 1mio. HP, while our attacks hit for trillions to quadrillions - these reflecting projectile enemies will always mean "You gotta skip a looooooooot to ensure getting rid of them.

The way it is right now, it represents a variable that can completely ruin an actually good rift even.
(Regarding the fact how much fishing is involved to getting one such…)

The way this mechanic is working it is not just annoying. It is actually game breaking and ruining fun.

1 Like

This is going to be such a poopshow in hardcore.
As i like to see the world burn, i just have to say:

Well done blizzard, well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny how many people with no programming knowledge, Game development knowledge or anything of the sort are telling people they are doing it wrong lol.

Unless you have developed a game even remotely close to what D3 is, can you really complain and look yourself in the mirror?

Hope you are not referring to me. I never critiqued them to begin with.

It was an honest “well done” , from the bottom of my heart.

When it comes to programming knowledge, i know a little C a little Matlab, and ahhm a little Labview.

I do not think it is impossible to remove an affix like that from the game, or a certain mobtype.

My comments are never really directed at anyone unless I quote them. Just an observation. To help really put some things into perspective.

If fixing the Dervish’s reflecting is too hard, how about flagging the hero attacks as not being projectiles as that would seem to be a boolean, i.e. projectile or not.

2 Likes

As customers, who have paid for a product that does not perform as we would like… Yes! We have a right… no, a responsibility to “complain”. If that’s what you want to call it. I see it as “feedback”.

After all, this is the PTR Feedback Forum.  

1 Like

Nah they’re finding new fiascos for new themes.

1 Like

Um no. Dervishes never spin straight away.

It’s
Tap a pylon > get dervishes > skip pack.

It’s not that hard. Also, if you’re wearing nems, you’re speed farming so you should be killing them within the time it takes them to start spinning, surely?

Cool. Either way it wouldn’t effect me at all, just adding that to mix.

i dont want any random dude from pylon in my solo game which are will steal my zdps damage :joy_cat:

Seems this issue isn’t as big as folks make it out to be. I intend to play Hardcore next season and most of the builds I play avoid dervishes and what not which is why I don’t wear nems. And if one pops up randomly in a GRift, I race away and may end the GRift or may not.

Point is, shadow clones or no shadow clones, you just have to skip the sand dwellers and dervishes and issue’s solved.

2 Likes

Not in a meta group doing GR’s, someone always wears nems.

Why in the holy hell would they make them reflect on the Nephalem? Dumb design.

1 Like

Of course you can skip them… the real question is, if they ‘fixed’ Reflect Damage to the point where it does not insta-kill, is Reflect Projectile insta-killing a bug or is it working as designed? It seems inconsistent for them to have fixed one as a bug and the other to not be a bug, even if it’s taking them a long time to get around to fixing it.

You are right. This is a feedback forum but not all feedback is valid. So sure provide feedback but make sure you have a reason you should be listened to, and no just being a customer is not enough. Not with the kind of replies in this thread and others I have seen. To be honest, with all the insults tossed at the devs I wouldn’t be surprised and even support if they did alot of this on purpose. But they are better people then that.

It wouldn’t be a Boolean. It’s likely a type or class with specific interactions baked into it.

They could certainly disable the event handler or method responsible for handling the reflect trigger and/or the subsequent output (zeroing out reflected damage for example).

To be honest, most Game-Enginges nowadays have a GuI that is very simple to use. I can imagine that you just open a Tab with Affixes and remove “Reflect Projectiles” per Drag and Drop or unclick it :slight_smile:

it not a bug. work as intended. it was intended in d3 vanilla - but then RoS out, then they made class specific sets - then the hero start making a billions of output damage to mobs - all goes wrong. but it working :slight_smile:

Please fix this specially for hardcore players… all classes clones will just randomly one-shot us

1 Like