Several issues - Mob + Inventory + Suggestion

Hello,

today i did some Rifts and i got jumped from Lacuni Hunters through closed doors (breakable ones in the babarian area). That shouldnt be possible i guess.

I play with uniques only, so i use the “new” gem. The additinal damage is not shown in any statistic in the inventory. I re-equipped the gem and still no changes in any damage stat.

During a Rift i had only 1 elite Mob at a whole area. Such bad areas with dead ends and only Trash Mobs have to be fixed.

There are so often spots in the game, where the character disappears behind obstacles like walls and it just takes too long to get vision back.

– Suggestion –

Each time i start playing D3 again i get so frustrated by some mechanics in the game. For example if i use skills and try to shortcut areas. If you use some relocating spell and a closed door prevents it or the spiral area before the spider boss. For me this alone is a game breaker.

Greetings

Please read: How to Write a Good Bug Report

• Feedback is NOT a bug . Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.

• When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end.

Not a bug. Multiplicative damage is not shown on the sheet.

Poor design is not a bug.

2 Likes

Not a bug.

The damage bonus from the LoD is never reflected in the damage figure in your character sheet, just like any other multiplier effect.

However, if you want to confirm it’s working, open your character sheet, then click on the Details button. Hover your mouse over any of the elemental resistances. You’ll see two figures. The first is from your elemental resists, the second is the mitigation provided by LoD, i.e. 2% per non-ancient, 4% per ancient / primal. So, if you have 13 ancients / primals, the second figure will be 52%. Now unequip the LoD gem and notice the second figure disappears.

1 Like

My intention was to point out that the damage stats are not affected. I think i made that point clear in my sentence. The question behind it is, why are some effects shown and others not. Really bad feedback to the player and no real ways of testing.

How can i see if its an official Blizzard answer, cause those answers make me angry and i am so disappointed by all Blizzard products for quite a while.

I gave D3 a lot of chances but it still feels like its in Beta.

The damage shown on your character sheet is not affected. Your actual damage, however, is and it’s incredibly simple to test this. Try a GR at a level which poses some challenge. Now replace the LoD gem with something else and try the same GR level and see how much longer it takes you to kill stuff.

Because the character sheet isn’t capable of showing all the possible values for your damage. It gives the base amount. Let’s say you have 1,000,000 sheet damage but you have 20% fire damage on your bracers. If you use a fire-based ability, that means you’d do 1,200,000 damage. If you use a poison-based ability, that means you’d do 1,000,000 damage. So which figure should the sheet show? Now, let’s say you have some boots that give 15% bonus to a particular ability. If that’s poison, you’d get 1,150,000 damage. What if that buffed ability was fire? That’s 15% and 20%, so you’d get 1,000,000 * 1.20 * 1.15 which is 1,380,000. This is why multiplicative things aren’t show on your sheet, but they do affect your actual damage.

Being angry doesn’t alter the fact that they’re the right answers.

2 Likes