Server Authentication Issue?

I passed the first 2 steps of server authentication, but when it comes to “Retrieving Hero List…”, there is a long wait and ultimately I got error code 3006.
Occurring regularly for past 6 hours. Any server issues/fix/update on occurrence?

Try deleting the cache file folder, its called Blizzard Entertainment . It’s located in program data. Just type in search %ProgramData% and find the folder, delete it and it will create a new one when you reenter the game. This cache file corrupts and can cause that issue you have.

Thanks Robray for attempting to resolve my issue. Tried your solution and ‘it seems to work’. But issue reappears upon 3rd/4th log-in.

Secondly, there seems like a secondary (linked or unlinked) of stuck screen when entering private/public game. D3 loading page (entering game) just stays until I quit the entire app, and restart.

Restart is quite a hit/miss, see original description of starter post.

Rather recent this buggy loading/game start/playing issues, appearing since 30Sep21 -ish…

Sounds like your getting some packet losses thats corrupting your cache files, I would attempt a ping check against Blizz servers or maybe google.com. Could be simple as your mtu value needs lowering. Try using Panjno youtube guide on showing how to tweak your internet, he does a great job on setting correct mtu values and best internet boost.

The second issue you have (which could be your main issue) sounds like either drive or cpu lag. Check on task manager to see if your getting 100% cpu usage. Stuck on loading screen and then quiting the app is well known in D3 to corrupt the cache file.