Self Controlled , achievement

this does not work
tested from normal -t1
killed clone with sim many times still no achievement

2 Likes

Both of your Necros are using skills and gear that will cause you to fail this achievement.

If you are on your seasonal, change your bracers, pants and amulet to something that does not have thorns or do damage auras. If on NS, then change your chest, belt, gloves, and bracers. Also, both of your Necros are using Frailty Aura and Aberrant Animator passive. Thorns, frailty, and deaths bargain will all cause you to fail this achievement, since that last tick of damage done comes from one of those sources, not your simulacrum.

Without seeing your exact build, it is hard to see what else you are doing wrong.

The achievement is not bugged.

4 Likes

Even after years and several fixes, this achievement is still bugged on xbox. Tried dozens of times, multiple strategies. Even killed Diablo without ANY gear, just my weapon so the Silm would do some damage.

He gave the final blow and never. The achievement in Xbox doesn’t pop and it’s also not marked as completed in the “Challenges/Class” list ingame

It’s super frustrating.

2 Likes

Hi,

This forum is for the PC version of Diablo III.

To report bugs occurring on your XBox, please use the Console Bug Report forum.

Cheers !

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I just tried to get this achievement today, and it won’t pop up. I took off all my gear with thorns, and I’m sure my simulacrum delivered the final blow. Done on a PC with a season necro

What would help most, is to record a short video of this in action taking a few moments beforehand to hover your mouse over each piece of your gear and your skills as well as scrolling through the details page in your inventory. This also applies to your follower’s gear and skills.

Without knowing this information and/or seeing it in action, is is almost impossible to diagnose what the problem might be or if it is in fact, a bug.

The fact that other players seem to be able to get the achievement would suggest that it is something on your end, and not a bug, but without this information, it is difficult to tell.

Two of your followers have thorns on their gear, so that might be a problem if you are not using your Scoundrel when you attempt to get the achievement.

1 Like