Seasonal Theme Drop Rate

Played DH to over P500 without using the town vendor. I have had one seasonal fragment drop. This is so rare I probably won’t get one before completing the season if the live rate is similar. Please consider making this more common when the season goes live.

2 Likes

So…with the x2 Exp boost means on Live you’ll get one @ P350ish which is probably about 3-4x better than Echoing Screams currently are.

Meaning you can turn a normal into a primal and get powers before para 500. Sounds a lot better than the recent themes to me, maybe not as good as Ethereal but pretty close.

1 Like

Be aware that the PTR has boosted XP gains as well so the XP figure you’re citing there is skewed upwards.

As with all these sorts of things, you increase your chances by increasing the number of drop events per hour. In this case, farming keys and running GRs as fast as you can will provide a better measure of how many keys you should get. “Should” because sometimes bad luck is simply bad luck. Even on the PTR.

Also, as with all these sorts of things, the signals of the unlucky tend to get self-boosted on here while the lucky don’t feel the need to chirp up so any general assertion of a too-low-drop-rate is probably vastly overstated.

Hopefully you get lucky early and are able to continue on with your seasonal journey without needing to tell us about the failings of RNGesus.

The last season was a big disappointment with very few drops. I complete the season by about P800 in a week on SC and HC, I’m not a power gamer. Most of the previous seasons with a theme the theme happened a lot, either fun or not but making it a theme. Getting 4 keys in the season was just meh last time, quit fastest ever. I understand RNG, I dropped 2 ramalamdingdongs and 2 Primals so far this run, so the season theme seems quite rare.

I agree that PS were too low drop rate for what they were, but this is several times higher than them. Getting 2 Rama’s and 2 Primals by 500 is also pretty rare though, especially considering that’s going to be 350 live. I’d have to say the average to 500/600 would probably be 1 Rama, 1 Primal, 2-3 AC’s but yes RNG will be RNG. They’ll start dropping more frequently for 600 to 800.

Who knows though because currently on PTR PS drop rate is busted due to AC’s I’m guessing, so when it goes live it’s probably anyone’s guess how actually rare they’ll be.

This is way too low anyway. I’d expect to have collected 10-15 by PL 350.

This is a seasonal theme! We are supposed to be playing with it, not wait till we are burned out to finally have the ability to try it out, say “meh…” and leave the game.

3 Likes

I want to have one when still below paragon level 100, where I will still be happy with any power on them, not when already playing my build and everything but the right power and right affixes will be disappointing and means scrapping the item since the item I already use is better… great fun theme that will make unless very lucky or you go over 2.5K paragon so finally have them drop enough.

It would be possible, though obviously not likely, to not get the desired power in 10 tries.

This is really just another attempt at the 4th cube slot. You’re just getting a legendary item power here, the fact it rolls ancient is pretty redundant given as builds mature they’re going to be putting an ancient there, anyhow.

The way this item is designed, there’s practically no upper limit on how often they could drop that would have a major impact on gameplay. There is, however, a minimum threshold before players just get frustrated and quit.

Yup make em rain from the sky. It will encourage testing and playing new builds.

Low drop rate will make the season a ghost town.

2 Likes