Season exploit working 'as intended'

Well, there you go everyone.

Per Blizzard stacking the season theme and wiping GR 150 in the first 3 days is working as intended.

Guess we can all stop arguing about people exploiting. They’re just playing the way the dev’s wanted them to.

Faceplam?

To clarify, from Pez:
14h

"Per the design from the design team, the seasonal buff being passed around in groups is working as intended.

As noted in the hotfix items that Rich posted, the idea that you can grab stacks alone outside a GR to take them in and clear things correctly is not.

Season metas will change with each season"

10 Likes

Tehre was a NERf of seasonal effect last days or its just a false information?

1 Like

Lies, I don’t believe it. Could 2020 get any worse?

8 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I updated the OP with Pez’s post on the stacking.

This topic is NOT going to get a lot of likes lol

Now if only I could convince my wife that getting “stacks“ outside of the house and using them for fun in house is An “as intended exploit”, I would be just fine.

11 Likes

They probably had no way to “fix” it so came up with this BS response.

16 Likes

Yep, I think I’m done with D3 for a while. Things are getting way too stupid/overpowered. Back to Diablo 2. :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly what I was going to post. :slight_smile:

Classic PR move. Pretend your screw up was meant to be that way.

7 Likes

Are you serious? :roll_eyes: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Doubt that’s what it meant. Getting stacks outside of GR is not intended, and this was hotfixed.

What was meant was, 3 players getting stacks while 1 player stays outside the rift, whatever (this will make that 1 player’s season theme proc out of sync with the others), then about time season theme procs, that 1 player joins the group, 3 players demolish group of mobs, which kills will transfer to that 1 player, that 1 player’s season theme proc will have quite a power, demolishing group of mobs after, which kills will transfer to the 3 players, repeat. I think that’s what it meant by,

Season theme proc shuffling, so to say. I think Blizz is saying that’s intended.

I didn’t really look into each wording, but that’s how Raxx seem to have explained it, or how I understood how he said it.

2 Likes

I still don’t see the problem.

If it’s not an exploit, then “anyone can do it”. In fact, folks can discuss and refine it openly and share with others, so that “everyone” can practice and do it. It doesn’t sound like it’s class specific, available to everyone, encouraged by Corporate, etc. etc.

So, go forth and stack, stack, STACK!..and rock the leaderboards.

(p.s. I still haven’t the slightest idea how the buff works, but I haven’t looked in to it.)

6 Likes

Curious what people who posted in this thread think.
Blizz locked it saying they had a hotfix coming to ‘fix’ some of these issues. Are any of the issues expressed in this thread fixed?
Some food for thought.

1 Like

I begged and pleaded all over this forum to make season 21 just fun. Turn on the fun and popular season themes and just walk away from Tempest.

Got the opposite.

Classic.

2 Likes

This will probably only matter to the really competitive players for leaderboards although as stated before, they too can utilize this.
For those, like myself, who play solo mainly and just team up with clan members or a few friends to mess around in 100gr groups for gear farming or gem leveling…it doesn’t really matter.
Doesn’t really matter to me who the heck gets to 150 either. Only one time on pc and console did I rank in the top 100…was cool I guess, but not going to keep pushing just to keep the rank.

3 Likes

I would have to agree with Dooks. They made a mistake that’s for sure. Clear leaderboards 4 man end theme give us another one we have done. That or make pets do 12000% damage so us solo player can enjoy this absurd theme.

3 Likes

He did not use the word stacking. He says “shared stacks”, which makes sense. The intention is that everyone in a group has the same stacks.

He did not however comment on the obvious exploit where you offset the timer for one player sitting in town for 30 seconds before joining, thus making it possible to juggle the stacks in a way that they never clear.

It is still an exploit, they are just doing the “duck and cover” tactics, and in the process giving the exploiters a green light to continue to do so.

6 Likes

Didn’t they just fix this in the hotfix? Is this what you are talking about:

• Players can no longer carry an ongoing Seasonal theme effect into a Greater Rift. (Lightning Breath, Meteors)

• Players can no longer carry a Seasonal theme effect to trigger outside a Greater Rift to only have it begin inside. (Tornadoes, Snowball, Fire Wave)

Indeed, that was commented. It’s what they don’t comment that is the exploit.

2 Likes

At the end of the day it is up to Blizz to decide what is an exploit. Since they said it isn’t an exploit because the CM’s checked with the devs of this game then we can move on to other things.

2 Likes