Season 30 The Lords of Hell - Now Live

Not this time, its a unique situation guess.

It appears to be coming to Ns as its made permanent to d3, not just seasons in wording. We ll find out on 9th

1 Like

I leave 2 likes aswell

It’s the same wording as before… “a permanent fixture”. They also didn’t bother making a better “update/nerf” description for the Altar. I wouldn’t bet on the Altar going NS as well. Though, well, they did remove Empower Shrine from the Father effect now, so maybe. But we shall see.

Time to clean up my seasonal chars, huh? Well, there’s not much to do for me on that part anyways. Mostly trashed stuff already.

Whatever, I don’t care. Won’t play S30 anyways cause there are no new cosmetics and I have everything already. They can call me once Ethereals are back.

PTR preview notes was changed to coming to seasons few days after release, now its revert back to permanent fixture. Eitherway will find out on patch day.

If no altar on NS, its gonna be very weak with all the set nerfs. Soul shard alone worth 10k ish paragon power. Its not worth it to roll NS w/o altar.

1 Like

You have the All Hallows pennant as well? It looks new. I don’t have it.

Is it possible that at the end of season 30, the Soul Shard will become part of the normal game but in a Nerfed way, as was the case with the altar?

1 Like

Why should this be?
Soul Shards are the season theme…

Kindly look there:

Read under cosmetic rewards… lazy punks even copy/pasted from that S18 text :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Indeed! One that the season starts very soon after all (I’d been worried it was going to be really delayed), one for the Chiltara fix. Actually, maybe one for rolling back the Marauder nerf a bit, too, makes it three for me.

1 Like

4 likes if altar is in NS on the 9th also.

7 Likes

The Season 30 Preview is now better structured than the ptr preview. The description below the patch notes, which apply to the entire game, now makes it clear that Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity will be made permanent.

In the ptr preview it was in the opening text mixed with the explanations of the season.

It was therefore unclear whether the altar would also be introduced permanently in nonseason. The absence in the ptr of the altar in nonseason reinforced this view.

But it is now clear to me that the altar also comes in nonseason.

3 Likes

Wow thank you, that made my day. That’s a late Christmas present. I had given up on seeing it come out soon.
So stoke.

3 Likes

Weird. It’s not in my collection, even though my profile says I completed Guardian in season 18. I do have the portrait. Thanks for sharing the information!

Season 30: The Lords of Hell

Each Soul Shard can be upgraded three times using a new seasonal-exclusive consumable, the Hellforge Ember.

The altar was also seasonal

For an in-depth look at the now-permanent Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity themes, Class Balance, and more, take a gander below.

Would you please read the Season 30 Blog!

I linked it for you in my previous post.

Thank you.

And, just in case you miss it, they go on to say:

Lastly, Soul Shards and Hellforge Embers only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.

To me it remains unclear. After all the discussion about NS altar you could have thought they speak clearly? Well, we will see in 4 days.

To the rest: altar stays as gimped as before, Tal Rasha as gutted. At least they didn’t ruin any more.

2 Likes

The 20% GG drop is nice. That will make for less remakes every season.

Keep in mind it’s still Cave x Chiltara x 20% drop.

Same. The only time it was ever uttered that the altar would be for sure in NS was Adam’s twitter. And since then, there’s been conficting/confusing information.

7 Likes

And it wasn’t in PTR so it might well be 0.20%, whoopsie.
Also not a word about the bugged double legendaries from Kadala which were not doubled for several slots in S28 and PTR.

1 Like

Everybody is focusing on the word permanent, but it says permanent THEMES. Themes are a seasonal thing. That’s very nitpicky, I know, but that + the PTR suggests to me that Altar and Visions remain seasonal.