Season 30 ending?

Any news when current season is ending?

You’ll know as soon as everyone else does, when Blizzard announces it.

5 Likes
5 Likes

They swore on making Seasons last three months consistently, starting with the S30. Thinking S30 started on January 12th, I reckon it’ll end by the middle of April; around 11th or 12th.

Do you really think they will keep their word. Just look at the what happen with the Altar and Vision.

9 Likes

They also said the same thing after like S2. Many were around 3 months, Many were not. I more rely on what they do rather than what they say, as they are not always the same thing.

Best tell to when the Season ends will be when the next D4 season starts. They will want to get the D3 season start a week or two before the D4 season, as that game already has its own problems and losing players to a game with comparatively little revenue would be a big no no.

2 Likes

D4 S3 got prolonged to May 14th. They gonna have a PTR for the coming item rework April 2nd to 9th. And they wanna give themselves enough time to fix anything based on findings.

They also gonna add something like GR’s to D4 - The Pit…

They just mentioned it on the Campfire chat.

2 Likes

I don’t know if one line in one news update counts as swearing on the bible. It’s a hopeful indication, but not a contract. Still, I’d be inclined to look toward that range, until they prove otherwise.

2 Likes

The D4 Bad clown might be along shortly, wait for it.

2 Likes

You mean the quarterly thread titled “D3 needs a 2nd expansion naaaowww” followed by the OP being about nothing but how bad a game they think D4 is?

1 Like

D4 season 4 is pushed back to 15 May, so D3 season 31 may be pushed back too to align their season start dates.

2 Likes

Actually, wouldn’t it be better for both games to be “misaligned” for like 1,5 months - so you can easily jump from one to another, after finishing your season goals?

I’m not saying they will do it that way, who knows…

2 Likes

2 weeks is probably their best way to do it. I sure they know the retention time for most D3 players (which I am guessing is around 2 weeks), so they start the D4 season right around that time to make sure people don’t go play something else.

I’d wager they have more staff doing this metrics crap than they have people actually developing the games.

Following Season 30, iconic themes and features from Seasons past will be reintroduced roughly every 3 months

Dunno if “roughly every 3 months” counts as swearing they will be 3 months.

1 Like

That was just 1 of many examples of reinforcing people losing faith in the company. Granted, they do not care, but it still looks bad.

You gotta love how long he’s been living rent-free inside your head.

That would be a logical choice, but logic is a non-sequitur to the company, unfortunately.

2 Likes