Season 27 start

Not sure if I posted this earlier, but it’s Barb for start S27, get geared fast with given set and after a few days level up a DH and get that Impale/Strafe going for the push.

Planning on going barb, since I haven’t played one for…well I don’t even remember the last season I played barb! And the whirlwind dragging thing sounds super fun.

1 Like

I was kind of torn between DH and Necro. I decided on DH because like Raxx says it is a good leveler and leads into UE which is a good starting farmer. But then I simulated a couple runs with Impale - didn’t like it when when I picked up Holy Point Shot at 31. I liked Fan of Knives better but it still felt slow. Then I tried corpse explosion and it’s so much easier and fun to me, not to mention faster 1-70. So I’m gonna start Necro up to chapter 4 of the season journey, then get a DH leveled up for farming. Might not even turn in Haedrig’s Gift in the Necro - DH or Barb instead.

Are you playing HC or SC? His LGF build is not optimal for leveling quickly. It’s more of a “Stay on T6 the entire way” strategy if you want any decent speed. But it’s also a very high skill level strategy. It’s like HoA Traps. If you’re not planning on practicing ahead of the season, I’d avoid trying it, and just stick to whatever you normally do.

Another issue is his latest videos use a Leoric’s Crown + Square Ruby to start, so you’re going to have to add quite a bit of time to his runs, as the odds of getting both Wraps of Clarity + Leoric’s + an early ruby are very low. For Impale only, I would say 1h45m would be a decent time.

As far as Necro switching over, don’t try to complete the entire first 4 chapters. Your goal should be to get a T4 rift done, get the T4 bosses done, get your GR20 solo done, get a second GR done for an LoD, then kill the ubers so you can craft a HF Amulet + Ring. This way, your second class (and it doesn’t matter what class) to 70 will only take roughly 30 minutes, give or take. Going a DH will be able to clear the bounty portion far faster than a Necro.

Playing SC. Thanks for the tips!

I added you in all three regions in case you need a HC friend.

I will mainly play NA this coming season as I’m spending less time playing online/offline games these days.
Tho I will level in Asia but only to 800 paragon at most.
Ping is horrible but reminds me of the old days with 56k modem

1 Like

i’m screaming inside, start the season already.

1 Like

It was worse when you had to type it into a terminal windows to get it working
at
atdt (then the number)

Then wait for the horrible connection tone to go clunk and connect…or not…
:rofl:

Thanks for the invitation kind sir - gladly accepted :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t be an impatitent little sissy, calm down, and wait like the rest of the good boys and girls.

ALSO - Considering it used to take about one minute (or longer) to download 5K, if D3 even tried to load, bamboo shoots under the fingernails might be less painful. I am not even sure it would load Battlenet. That being said, it would give a lot of people complaining randomly, an entire new meaning for "LAG":joy:

1 Like

That is why I gave up on Asia’s server due to a lot of disconnection and now I am using NA server which is quite stable.

1 Like

Looking forward to try out the Tal Rasha when patch drops next week, that will determine what class I will start with come s27 :beers:

Don’t be surprised if he quits the season and comes to the forum to complain about it.

It’s only the regular. He’s getting boreing. Always the same old song.

I’m still debating between Necro and Barbarian. I haven’t played Necro in probably 10+ seasons, but the new changes seem enticing. However, I’m also primarily a solo player, so Barbarian has always been my go-to.

After watching Raxx’s latest leveling guide I think I’ll start with DH after all. I did another practice run with LGF and it’s pretty fun when you get the hang of it. If I get stuck with KP oh well I’ll do the best I can with Impale. Raxx seems to think it’s good so I probably just need to learn how to run it correctly.

Unless I get in a group opening night, in which case I’d start Necro and have the team level up a DH for me after 70.

1 Like

Yeah, when I got into season just last week to take advantage of the double bounties for a few days, I lucked out and got a LGF from the cube. Leveling was super fast, after you reach level 14 of course, compared to Karlei’s which I normally get.

Hey dude- yeah I wound up rolling a WD at the end of season 26 and thought it was pretty cool. I actually am playing a Necromancer in season 27 which is alright. It might be cool to upgrade to the deluxe edition or try out a barbarian. I actually worked on that for a while when I first started about a year ago and still think it’s pretty cool. Whirlwind and HotA are both pretty easy to learn and have a lot of rewarding gameplay and experience.