Season 24 title suggestion

S23’s seasonal title looks didn’t take effects on Great Rift 、
I suggest S24 should bring Lightning tower & power tower 100% chance in a GR
Too difficult to push in Great Rift

It’s difficult, but… Do you not gain satisfaction when you can finish a GR (in time) and access on the superior level?

1 Like

Sure but at some point everyone hits the ceiling where you just cant go any further without switching to the pre-prescribed Meta-Zed-whatever runs. I guess it is a game about endless min-maxing but there is a fundamental design problem when the only way to complete a rift is to (a) play a predetermined group consisting of predetermined classes using a predetermined build, (b) to constantly run past 99% of the enemies in the GR looking for elites, i.e. not actually PLAYING, and © quitting and restarting till you get a field map rather than the far more common narrow tunnel maps.

Also as a concept infinite (~ or at least up to GR150) difficulty levels sounds great but in practice its a problem because at high GRs everything, including a fluttering bat will kill you just by breathing on you. So factors such as Vitality, Armor, and Life become pointless since the only way to not die is to constantly have a death-evade or damage-nullify skill up 100 % of the time (and pray). Damage output is the same - 10 hours of grinding might add +500 Mainstat to you which boosts your damage by a whopping 100,000 which sounds great until you realize that enemy HPs have ballooned exponentially to the TRILLION and QUADRILLION range.

Shrug.

TL,DR - sure the sense of accomplishment sounds great but it should be tied closer to what the players do rather than lucking into the perfect set of circumstances.

1 Like