Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Has Ended

None what-so-ever. However, I have no requirement to provide any as I’m not the one making a claim that our sun going supernova would wipe out all life in the galaxy. It’s called the philosophical burden of proof, and it lies with the claimant to provide sufficient evidence to warrant belief in said claim and until, and unless, that evidence is provided the correct, logical position to take is non-belief in the claim.

Now then…

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/2019/why-the-sun-wont-become-a-black-hole

The Sun would need to be about 20 times more massive to end its life as a black hole. Stars that are born this size or larger can explode into a supernova at the end of their lifetimes before collapsing back into a black hole, an object with a gravitational pull so strong that nothing, not even light, can escape. Some smaller stars are big enough to go supernova, but too small to become black holes — they’ll collapse into super-dense structures called neutron stars after exploding as a supernova. But the Sun’s not big enough for this fate, either: It has only about one-tenth of the mass needed to eventually become a neutron star.

Heck, when the sun becomes a red giant (prior to collapse as a white dwarf) the photosphere will still only reach to Earth / Mars, i.e. it won’t even encapsulate all of the planets in the solar system. As it can’t even destroy the solar system, how would it destroy the galaxy?

Okay Mister @FilthieRich !

you can drop the patchnotes now. we are ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away … the word “soon” came to mean “be patient and wait, wait, wait”. That galaxy was named Blizzard Entertainment. Our spaceship is there, “Houston, we have a problem”.
:slight_smile:

Where do you think the expression “When Hell freezes over” comes from? I’ll give you a hint. Blizzard Entertainment :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Careful, blink and you may miss the patch notes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

About 120 Trillion years after our sun goes supernova the last red dwarf stars will be dead and gone (they outlast all others naturally)

So, you’re right.

Also, https://youtu.be/uD4izuDMUQA (Timelapse of the Future)

Again, our sun doesn’t have enough mass to go supernova.
It’ll expand into a red giant, then collapse into a white dwarf.

I said supernova while thinking about a white dwarf. In either case my (and your) point stands our sun can’t cause the death of the entire galaxy. That will take 120 trillion years after our sun dies.

The real question is, will Diablo 5 be ready before that happens? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Season 23 has officially ended. Thanks to everyone that played, shared feedback and chimed in for all things Season 23. Looking forward to more adventures in Season 24! See ya soon :slight_smile:

14 Likes