Season 22 set dungeons

So let me get this straight? We have a brand new season , brand new builds , and some clown forgot to build the set dungeons, would that be a fair way of stating it ? Because as far as I can tell there are none for any of these builds.

1 Like

Correct, there are no set dungeons for any of the newest sets…
You have to collect another set to do the set dungeons…

3 Likes

It’s less that they forgot, and more that they chose not to make set dungeons for the new sets, as according to their last message regarding the topic they have no plans to make set dungeons for the new sets.

But in all honesty, they should probably consider adding some type tooltip message on the new sets to let folks know that they don’t have set dungeons.

7 Likes

No. We should always be as polite as possible… even on the internet.
Funny thing though. Before the new sets most people would come here to complain about the set dungeons and say something like: “what clowns designed the set dungeons?” :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There are no set dungeons for the newest set armours, i.e.

Class New Set
Barbarian Horde of the Ninety Savages
Crusader Aegis of Valor
Demon Hunter Gears of Dreadlands
Monk Patterns of Justice
Witch Doctor Mundunugu’s Regalia
Wizard Typhon’s Veil
Necromancer Masquerade of the Burning Carnival

This means that in a season where the Haedrig’s Gifts grant these sets, in order to complete the Season Journey tasks for completing and mastering a Set Dungeon, this requires you to farm one of the other class sets and complete the dungeon associated with those sets.

It is not a bug, or an oversight, that the new sets do not have dungeons associated with them. When the first of these new sets were released it was queried whether new set dungeons would be created for them. Blizzard confirmed that not only were there no new dungeons, they had no intention to create them.

6 Likes

I won’t repeat what is here about why there aren’t set dungeons for new sets.

Since you’re playing a Crusader, I’d suggest Seeker of the Light as a set dungeon. It’s pretty easy, but you must have Cam’s Rebuttal in the cube to do it, or cooldown everywhere. (cam’s is much easier to get. It’s a 2 handed sword.).

Goodness me, no. Every season where I do the set dungeon as a Crusader I do the Invoker dungeon, regardless of what the free set was. It’s literally no more than walking through the place getting spears thrown at you and ensuring you kill the elites with two buffs active. It’s also way, way easier to do with a low thorns value, i.e. early gearing.

5 Likes

Yeah invoker is dead simple just like IK for barbs. My go to add well.

1 Like

The easiest by far I think is Inarius for Necro. Literally walking simulator. Just walk & let bone spear tornado do the damage & click the bone spear armor key in density.

The IK one is also super simple, & you can use whatever skill you want, as long as Berserker & ancients are active. Just ahve tonnes of CDR, & maybe wear captain, you are set

I create a barb every season for just that reason. Cast CotA once and then WW w / Bul-Kathos and refresh WotB every 8 - 9 seconds. Do it within 90 seconds.

RNGesus still refuses to give me Warrior’s Blood or GoJ so I can knock this out. Cube helpfully has given me tons of Ambos and Solumn Vow instead.

Have all the other items to do either an IK HotA or IK WW build except those. I’m still early in the season though so hopefully one drops soon!

Na, a fair way of stating it would be “The dev’s actually listened to the fan bases’ complaints about set dungeons and rewarded us by not investing any valuable resources into developing 7 more”.

Set dungeons were a fun idea followed by terrible implementation. Just looking at the secondary requirement for all of them “kill all remaining monsters” shows that the development for set dungeons wasn’t thought through all the way and the concept was horribly rushed. Couple this with the fact that when they were released, most of them were brutally punishing and offered little rewards, it’s no secret why they are one of the most hated things added to D3.

Hopefully the developers of D4 take notes of the rushed and shoddy work put into set dungeons, challenge rifts, trials, among other things and take their time, put in a lot of thought, and physically test for fun what they are putting into D4. If they play it for 3-4 hours and never want to play it again, it probably needs a rework.

5 Likes

No, it’s faster just to delete all of those stupid set dungeon than making new one.

Please consider deleting all of those set dungeon. 99% of the time it has nothing to do with real life in game situation, I learn 0 thing playing set dungeon. It’s just a torturous aspect of the game forcing down my throat each and every seasons so far.

3 Likes

Big thumbs up.

Please delete the cancer called set dungeons from this game.

They never went through proper QA and they never will.

And please return the time wasted from your lack of proper testing of the set dungeons.

1 Like

I was lucky and picked WD this season, the Arachyr set dungeon must be the easiest I’ve ever encountered, mastered first go.

I’ve never done Invoker as I hate the set. Seeker of the Light is my favorite Crusader build and I know I can do the set dungeon.