Season 22 End Times Announcement - Doesn't take into consideration Daylight Savings Time for Europe

So, we had this announcement about the End of Season 22 which said…

Season 22 is coming to a close. Below are the times on when Season 22 will end for each region.

North America - March 28 at 5pm PDT
Europe - March 28 at 5pm CET
Asia - March 28 at 5pm KST

At the time the season ends though, Europe will no longer be in CET (Central European Time). It’ll be in CEST (Central European Summer Time), because Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday, 28th March at 02:00 CET (01:00 UTC). That means the end time for Season 22 in Europe should be 17:00 CEST (15:00 UTC), not 17:00 CET (16:00 UTC).

In the vain hope of avoiding a plethora of threads next weekend asking why the season hasn’t ended on time, could you update the stickied thread, and ensure that the season rollover on the EU servers actually gets scheduled for the right time of 17:00 CEST (15:00 UTC) please?

9 Likes

They are not going to be on time anyway.

They screwed up the ending time for several seasons.

3 Likes

When do the seasons ever end/start on time? Lol.

Besides, not every region has already transitioned from + to -.

Deal with it.

I know the USA and Australia change to / from Daylight Savings Time on different dates than Europe does. Is it okay for Blizzard to get the season end time wrong for 1 in 3 server regions? (And, note, they do this frequently)

Actually, I was hoping Blizzard might deal with it. You know, so that the season doesn’t end at the wrong time for an entire continental server region.

2 Likes

North America - March 28 at 5pm PDT
Europe - March 28 at 5pm CET
Asia - March 28 at 5pm KST

Aren’t these times always the same whether or not the clock is forward or back 1 hr?

And if they are like Arizona or Hawaii, which doesn’t change the clocks, still wouldn’t the time still be the same?

And I don’t know about Europe or Oversea’s but what ever time zone they want to be in, isn’t 5 o’clock still 5 o’clock whether they call it CET or CEST?

1 Like

18:00 CEST = 17:00 CET = 16:00 UTC
17:00 CEST = 16:00 CET = 15:00 UTC

If Blizzard set the end time to be 17:00 CET, it’ll be an hour wrong for CEST.

Australian daylight savings are at different times to USA as well, and go different directions respectively. Blizzard have never tracked it, and never provide ANZ times, so not sure why Australia is brought in here.

Blizzard used to often not change the text for USA daylight savings, but it was always at 5pm local time, so we worked off of that, assuming it changed with California Daylight Savings.

Yes, it’s unfortunate that the Season end date / time has been broken several times. But the communication of times not being specific with time zones adjusted is a long standing thing on multiple servers. I personally calculate the times for ANZ every season start / end, and yes sometimes this is based on assumption if the time zone wording isn’t clear.

As you could see here when Americas wasn’t listed clearly… Season 21 Start - ANZ Times

When it ends you’ll know it. :wink:

2 Likes

Are people still playing this season? I stopped over a month ago… Nobody around to party with in NA

1 Like

Meteorblade with the timezone observations! Worst case, the season lasts an extra hour for Europe. I’m not really that concerned about it. If it was a season start, I’d be a lot more concerned.

We all know it will not end in 17.00 neither CET, nor CEST, nor whatever T. It will for sure end 2-3 days later as previous season.

We’ll find out in a couple of hours for EU.
Did Asia end on time?

Yes asia end in time they add a script …
it say :
System : End of season will end in 30 minutes…
And every minutes it say 29,28,27 and so forth…
it about time :slight_smile:

1 Like

EU also ended on time, i.e. 15:00 UTC / 16:00 BST / 16:00 CET / 17:00 CEST.