Season 21 PTR - Organized DH Feedback Thread! 🏹

I get that but at the same time the core of the game has always been you have to grind items in order to be powerful. And since Impale build is pretty much similar to the crusader build do you know how hard is to roll an off hand for crusader? It’s exactly how hard is to roll a good HPS. Thing is when you do get one you’re rewarded big time. But by any means that prevents you to be powerful as well, the only thing you’re going for is that you’re only able to play if you have the biggest possible dps item otherwise you’re stuck and that is not completely true.

1 Like

Just did a 110 with minimal augments. The best combination of weapons I have found for Hungering Arrow is Dawn, Valla’s Bequest and Ninth Cirri Satchel. If the extra Strafe damage from Valla’s Bequest affects the damage of the primaries fired from Strafe it would be the obvious choice to wield. Does anyone know yet if it affects them? I’m using Valla’s Bequest because I assume it affects the primaries fired from Strafe somehow although I’m not sure how.

The Strafe +100% applies only to the strafe shots which do very very low damage relative to the primaries. The pierces also apply only to those same shots, not the primaries. At best, the pierces help proc Thrill of the Hunt on more targets at a time.

Iria, thanks for the reply. I figured the shots would count as extra hits for bane of the stricken if nothing else.

Bane of the Stricken has an internal cooldown and only applies to 1 target at a time, so increasing the number of hits per attack cycle doesn’t help.

About the 4-piece set ,the conclusion is probably like this:
Strafe-generated will fire when Strafe hit a target.
ICD=0.15s=9f

I think it’s every 2 shots or the same rate as the rockets from strafe.

I did some experimenting with different variations of the GoD builds and I think it’s pretty clear that unless something changes drastically, the best build will be Odyssey’s end equipped, with Dawn in the cube, FR + FoT (or Ess of Johan), where you basically strafe the whole time and weave in manual HA shots as often as possible with at least one Entangling every four seconds.

Some differences could be explained by rift composition, but I was generally clearing rifts (I used 108 for all test runs, my legendary gems all about 30 - 40) in half the time with this build over say, Echoing Fury in cube and Wolf on skill bar, or Calamity in cube (though it is still bugged), or using EW + CoE (with very little strafing, obviously).

If the Entangling Shot bugs are fixed and the bug that prevents some manual cast primaries from stacking momentum while strafing, this build will just be even better.

Feels like AS isn’t as beneficial as I would expect with a “generator” build, probably because the Strafe primaries don’t benefit from it at all, which makes equipping a Odyssey’s End instead of Dawn do more damage.

I’m not an expert, but this is what I’ve seen. YMMV

2 Likes

I’ve spent the most time on Crusader so I know first hand and Shields should also be scaled down in random attributes. I’ve played D3 in all it’s iterations, they’ve come a long way in make the game better when there are obvious deficiencies or impressively low chances of getting useful item rolls on stats (remember class sets and sockets or pre class based main stat preference?)

It doesn’t make sense to penalize certain builds based on random attribute rolling, and it makes less sense to buff a build while causing more penalty on attribute rolling with such minor benefits. I’m not saying it all has to be perfectly equal, but some items are just that annoying to get, and HPS is in that pool already before making it worse.

75-100% is also part of the context as it’s not impressive for the trouble it will cause getting the right rolls. If it were 4-500, then you would see much less resistance or negative feedback, my problem is that it’s lazy and unproductive. KP or the set could have been buffed just as easily.

2 Likes

More feedback on Impale DH. I’d like to see Elusive Ring’s damage reduction upped. I suggest 70-80% just like Barb has with BoM.
That or you guys could help everyone and up the damage reduction of Aquilas Cuirass, and up that to like 75% or so. I doubt anyone would complain if you upped both.

So you did play vanilla that’s good, follow my next answer for the quote.

Ok so since you played vanilla, you probably remembered that in order to get good gear either you’d be luck to drop a good item or you’d have to rely on auction house (pay to win).
Honestly I played diablo since diablo 1 and the best item loot system ever to me was on D2 and here is why:
A player should be rewarded by playing a huge amount of hours by dropping that item that will be a huge game changer on his build. My personal opinion for this matter is that back on vanilla the game was still true to its core from D1 and D2 items were really hard to drop but when they did you were rewarded big time. They removed that in RoS by introducing a new loot table that is much easier to drop items that you can use right out of the bat and have tons of dps to kill pretty much anything as far as up to T16 goes. It’s a little bit different though for GR’s where you do need to squeeze out as much dmg as possible but then again it goes back to the core of the game. You have just so many ways to get that GG item fast, run bounties and reroll then if you’re not satisfied with 1 affix that doesn’t allow to make your item perfect you have the Mystic to roll 1 of the attributes how much easier from that you want it to be? It just doesn’t make sense to me because this game is still about grinding. either it could be bounties, rifts or Gr’s but even though I don’t agree with the loot system anymore because of how easy is to get good gear there’s still items that are hard to get a good roll on it and that makes it fun again to grind and still keep playing.
I know we disagree on this matter but we already have the huge problem of botters that is basically impossible to participate on ranking if you are a true player and don’t do that. Paragons starts to be the biggest difference on ranks and not so much your items or the rolls they have. So if you change it to buff the set instead of an item that is hard to roll. Pretty much you’re handing over easily the ranks to all high paragon botters.

Same Boat, D1 was an awesome game except for duping and lots of QoL things that really couldn’t be added easily.

D2 was great, but the gear had much less random attribute problems, smaller pool and you could trade. Plus, I played for hours and hours, and many times I didn’t get an item I really wanted…a few, ever, because they were so hard to get.

Two of the key factors you’re missing is that the game is also enjoyable to people because you receive items you actually want and it’s enjoyable to create your own builds. But then if those great items you found keep getting replaced with incremental, insufficient buffs, it’s different than getting solid updates to under performing builds. There are so many skills that are un- or under supported that it makes me wonder what their vision was?

People that are botting get the best items anyway, because the bot is just going pick them up like they were playing with a significantly higher number drop opportunities.

You may want to do a test to see how Stricken stacking works with / without Strafe fired Primaries. The most recent formula I’ve seen for the Stricken ICD (courtesy of JustinFan) is:

60F * 0.9 / Attack-speed-total / (1 + movement speed increase)

With “Attack-speed-total” taking into account the various speed boosts for this or that skill. For instance, for Frenzy it’s (1 + Bastion buff)* oath 1.5 * sheet aps.

Bottom line is that while you can’t get Stricken stacks faster than the ICD, the ICD can be markedly shorter than the animation of the attack itself. As a result, if you have an “auxiliary” attack (primaries fired from Strafe, Dust Devils from Wastes (6), the chain from Bastion’s Revered, etc), your rate of Stricken stacking can exceed your actual attack rate, and be closer to the ICD of Stricken itself.

This effect is very helpful to WW and Frenzy, where it adds some significant damage. But: in those cases, the “auxiliary” is either as fast or faster than the “main” attack. In the case of GoD… well, Strafe fires super-fast. So with Strafe alone, you should be getting a stack every 5 frames or so (with 2.50 sheet aps). But do Strafe fired primaries reset the Stricken ICD based on the attack rate of Strafe, or of the primary skill? If the latter, you could end up with a much longer ICD, meaning those auto-fired Primaries may be costing you a ton of Stricken stacks.

That would be bad!

So it may be worth testing, to find out the actual stacking rate both with and without the Primaries.

Testing Stricken will be tough and tedious. I agree on the importance of testing it but I don’t have a minimum damage legacy ring with 0 variance to test. Maybe someone else can do that test?

I have run GRs with Stricken and didn’t notice anything crazy good or bad with Stricken. A solo GR131 boss took me 4 minutes with Trapped gem + Squirts and 2 minutes with Stricken gem + Flavor of Time instead with ~3.2M sheet DPS (no pylons on the boss in either case).

I think Stricken will be mostly mandatory for pushes but some like DiEoxidE and Woogmoog have cleared GR135 and GR130 respectively without Stricken at around the same paragon (3500-4000) but they both used Odyssey’s End. My GR131 was done with Stricken and about 3000 paragon but I used more area damage to compensate.

Doesn’t need to be so hard to test… just get a starting and ending value using Toxin gem (which returns the same damage on each tick).

I would offer to do it, but there is something disastrously wrong with the PTR for me. A lot of the GoD bonuses don’t work for me… at all. Can’t even kill enemies in T16. Have been over all the gear and no idea what the deal is. So, I wouldn’t trust any result I got!

Correction to be fair:
DiE = 135 with squirts no stricken
Me = 132 with Ess of Johan no stricken
And both paragon 3600
I corrected because you probably didn’t log in today to check leaderboards XD

Yeah, I didn’t check that you did a 132 already, but I know you both don’t like to use Stricken. I forgot that you went Johan instead of Squirts.

1 Like

i progressed alone so i did not focus on paragon gain much during ptr neither lvling up my gems, i did a 118 with striken and i found it better than bane of the trap, in fact far way better ( i am using striken, simplicity and taeguk ) i really think it do not aply to only one target at all cause it improved my progress significantly.

Personally I have tested the Gears Set and apart (from someone having a Al-Bed fetish from FFX at Blizzard), it does not measure up to other Sets and and after 1200 Paragon levels I see that the Knife Set with Holy Point Shot seems to be the way to go in S21.If you are going to try and make a Meta Set to higher GR’s, do something better.
This PTR they could have scripted in something for Primal Ancient items as well as I asked for ages ago, a 3 chance upgrade (costing 100 FS per roll) without altering the PA class of the item so that useless stat PA could get what you want possibly taking out the useless grinding and time wasting to find another disappointment ! Oh and what about the possibility of pushing the GR limit to 200 and the inclusion of Blue PA items that I wrote about years ago to Blizzard (A well crafted character story) ? Seriously do Blizzard even read posts sent to them with such suggestions?

Try the Multishot Bow, with the new GoD Set.

With this Bow, you gain 50 % cost reduce.

This way, you can run Venegance on reducded Damage, and Shadow Power on reduced Damage.

Zero Problems with Hatred or Discipline.