Season 21 PTR - Organized DH Feedback Thread! 🏹

A nice QoL to add to the 6 piece bonus would be to add the following effect:

Gain 0.5% resource cost reduction for each second of Momentum.

Better yet would be to fix the attack speed of the primaries to be linked with your own attack speed.

I’m not completely sure, because it’s hard to watch while running around spinning like a lunatic, but it seems to me that I lose hatred a lot faster in a regular rift than in a greater rift. I keep going back and forth but I cannot figure out why it seems that way.

PS. The 15 yard rune of evasive fire doesnt seem to be proc’d by GoD4. I didn’t expect the flip, but at least the firing.

Keep in mind, guys, that attack speed doesn’t help increase the rate that your primary hits (via strafe), so echoing fury won’t increase the rate at which your strafe shoots out primaries. It’ll only cause you to consume hatred much quicker.
svr did a test and found out that the primary hits via strafe has an ICD of 10 frames, both before and after this week’s PTR patch.

Also, referencing a post above asking for RCR per momentum stack. It’s much easier for them to, instead, implement something like from PoJ. So while strafing, we’ll get 10-15 Hatred per second, or something.

Echoing Fury helps if you manually cast the primaries. A lot of the top leaderboard spots including my solo GR130 clear used Echoing Fury because we stand and fire more than Strafe (used for repositioning and movement).

The only viable alternative is Odyssey’s End but that build is a lot more involved to play. See Dieoxide’s post here for more information on that.

For speed runs, Fortress Ballista feels like the best fit with Squirt’s Necklace but a little more toughness would help keep the shield intact.

Would be great if they could either

1. incorporate hunter’s wrath damage and attack speed boost into the set, so we have the belt slot free to use cap crimson, or
  2. combine hunter’s wrath effect & damage boost with depth diggers so we have the belt slot free to use cap crimson to help us on the toughness front.
1 Like

how about this!? it will be more usefull

SoJ - Each of your elemental’s damage bonus is give you similar damage bonus for others elemental damage types.

for example: if we have 20% poison on pants, 20% cold on head and 15% physical on bracers, then we get 55% for each type of damage available to us

i know it’s simple and not interested but more useful :slightly_smiling_face:
and ofc we won’t need to go to Myriam for replace an item dmg element :smiley:

The 30% faster is still useful when you pause to unload your primary skills in a crowd so you can quickly build up Momentum to move to another pack of mobs again.

So, max APS of Strafe-Generated Primary = 6 ?
Still a awesome speed, but same damage per hit to Self-Cast ?

It’s not quite that simple. Dieoxide and I tested and noted that the number of primaries fired while strafing varies for some unknown reason. See the bullet point in the bug section of the OP.

@unhomie, good idea ! Free the Belt Slot !

1 Like

If more people seem to like it, maybe @Iria can include it in the post up top for better visibility so that Bliz can maybe consider it.

It would fix the only glaring problem that GoD playstyle has for casual players; the toughness issue.

1 Like

Before you give up on G6, let me make a suggestion. Switch your main Primary (or only Primary skill) to a key press instead of left click. This way you don’t have to hold shift down to fire it every few seconds (which, Focus/Restraint is the best ring setup so you need to use PS like that to maximize damage anyway)

For those with Hatred problems - remember strafe isn’t proc’ning PS if you aren’t hitting anything. Were you using Seethe for speed runs instead?

This is about where I’m at! GR116 with 19K main stat, gems at 120. Same gear.

The set is definitely fun to play!

I will have to try adding entangling soon and see if I can push further.

1 Like

Captain Crimson isn’t really that great without Yang’s Recurve. With just paragon and the 20% on the set bonus, you would get a measly 28% damage reduction which I don’t think is enough. The set needs roughly 50% more damage reduction and maybe 50-100% more damage to bring it in line with other classes’ top solo builds.

For comparison, with 3000 paragon, I could barely do a GR130 with DH. However, with 2000 paragon I was able to barely do a GR132 with Barb. The difference between 2000 and 3000 paragon isn’t a lot for damage but it is for toughness.

The GoD set really needs toughness more than damage to make it accessible for lower paragon players. The damage buff would help push it a few GRs higher as well.

2 Likes

That’s not a fair comparison due to seasons theme. That helped WW barbs a bit with flexibility and power. Your 132 in seasons would have been about 128 on NS at that same paragon.

I don’t disagree with the premise, hell I won’t argue with being able to do GR 140 under 4k paragon with the suggested buffs, just saying the comparison you used is a bit disingenuous.

Okay, true the season theme helped Barbs a little. I still don’t think DH is at the same level of Barb though, even without the season bonus. I can try to to GR128 with only 2k paragon but I think I would need to drop Convention of Elements or switch to Endless Walk (so I could use Elusive). The toughness of the GoD build is way behind WW Barb.

QoL: Strafe should display the 5 seconds of defense on its icon or have a green bar at top.

QoL: It would also be nice if Odyssey End gained the Chain Gang or Heavy Burden Rune.

9 Likes

Much yes to both of these.