Season 21 PTR - Organized DH Feedback Thread! 🏹

Well the pierce from Valla’s is something we will test as well as the strafe modifiers. However, even if the strafe modifier does transfer, it might still not be good enough to replace a weapon since the new generator focused weapons provide a lot more.

For comparison, Valla’s or Kmar’s with 100% additive damage likely doesn’t beat Leonine’s 150% multiplicative (?) with pull in, Odyssey’s 150% additive (?), Emimei’s 150% multiplicative (?), or Ninth Cirri’s 600% multiplicative (?) damage bonuses.

Yes, that makes sense

If strafe damage is +230% (2 bows and Helm/boots), and generator damage is +30% (pants, belt), and they actually stack, how does the math work?

The math behind Valla’s + K’mar’s isn’t that good. You essentially gain a 3x multiplier from 2 weapons which is easily beat by the weapons I stated a couple posts above.

Isnt 300% of 600% more damage than a second weapon?

The only tossup is the better attack speed of a one handed weapon versus two-handed. It’s looking like carrying 2x primary skills with the build and possible a 2-handed? Not sure yet - Odyssey’s end looks like it may be better for UHE, with Hunter’s wrath and ninth cirri satchel seeming m=more important for this build. In saying that I have always enjoyed bolas, especially at the start of a season while climbing to 70 so perhaps Hashir, Leonine might be a combination worth trying

Can you add whether or not Chakram with the Spines of Seething Hatred will be considered a primary?

On live, it allows chakram to generate hatred, but doesn’t turn the skill itself into a primary. Hunters wrath, simplicity strength and depth diggers do not work with this combo nor with krider shot/elemental arrow.

We are certain that only the skills listed under the “Primary” category will be affected by the new set and surrounding legendary’s (HA, Bola, ES, Grenades, EF).

2 Likes

That’s not from the Thunderfury proc though.

It’s from the lightning damage on the weapon. Templar’s attacks deal the damage type of his weapon. Thunderfury always rolls lightning damage range. So his melee attacks will trigger Wyrdward procs.

But the chain does not.

This is easy to verify. First, enemies hit by the chain never get stunned, only enemies hit by his melee attacks. Also, if you roll the lightning damage on Thunderfury to another element and you won’t see any Wyrdward stuns. You can also get Wyrdward procs simply by equipping him with any weapon with lightning damage range. E.g. a Eun-Jang-Do (always rolls cold) that you roll to lightning damage can also proc Wyrdward.

It has nothing to do with Thunderfury itself. Thunderfury is just convenient because it always rolls lightning damage. And the debuff has some value.

1 Like

Haha, yeah, true, you got me! I was just tossing in some examples and wasn’t thinking clearly about that last one.

Effects like that (that take into account damage type on weapons) always seem so odd to me. There’s Wyrdward, there’s the Wiz passive Elemental Exposure… is there anything else?

Wrong forum Maniacx.

Yeah, I was gonna ask what the **** was that post about lol

I wish there was a button to report “wrong topic” or “post in wrong section”.

Well, he is “naming and shaming” as he’s accusing the players whose profiles he linked of being “hackers”. That’s against the Code of Conduct, so there is a button you could use.

I know Calamity is bad, because it doesn’t apply Marked For Death until after the first hit. Can calamity help somewhat ok for strafe? Is it just one target? What about contagion?

Cantagion doesn’t work with Calamity, as the enemy needs to be marked when he dies. Valley of Death however is working.

I made a video about a feq years ago with the different runes (german, but I think you can get the idea)

1 Like

Later today hopefully…

@hebalon Oh so it does mark every enemy hit. Very nice. I was curious, but calamity may be bad haha. Choosing a Marked For Death rune takes a skill slot.

1 Like

Ptr is up.

Initial (quick) impression: set is broken, 6-piece damage bonus doesn’t seem to work. Strafe does fire primaries quite quickly, but doesn’t generate momentum stacks. It does proc Wraps of Clarity…

The 2-piece bonus now is 10% damage “per second of momentum”. i.e. 10 seconds / 100% damage bonus, max.

Shooting a different primary removes all momentum from the other primary, i.e. if you have 10 stacks on hungering arrow, then shoot bolas, you start over at 0.

I had a few issues with Ninth Cirri Satchel where the damage bonus was absent, and HA also wouldn’t pierce. Then, all of a sudden it started working. Don’t know why!

Odyssey’s end damage bonus does seem to work. Entangling Shot also applies 2 stacks of momentum on each hit (one for the “arrow”, one for the “chain”)

That all sounds like a trainwreck compared to all the speculation and hopes…

1 Like

The new set is trash.

4 Likes