Season 20 Wizard level 1-70

Anyone know what I should spend the initial blood shards and free mats from the challenge rift on, and at what level? Haven’t played wizard since like season 2 or 3.

It’s a channeling build. Etched Sigil.

Unfortunately, wiz doesnt have many option for gambling decent multipliers at level 1. Only thing would be unstable scepter wand at level 1, other than that you might as well just upgrade the blacksmith, and upgrade a lvl70 wand or orb whilst hoping for some sort of multiplier.
Once you are 34+ kadala will have some decent things to gamble for

I believe ES is level 33 and NO HIGHER.

Yep, Etched Sigil starts dropping at 33, at which point the pool is just Winter Flurry and Etched Sigil. At level 34, the pool expands to include 3 more sources (Light of Grace, Mirrorball, Myken’s).

If you want to go for Etched Sigil while levelling, you have to spend your shards at exactly level 33. Dumping 475 shards on sources at level 33 gives you about a 62% chance to get an Etched Sigil.

If you manage to get one, I find it really helps speed up the levelling process. I typically try for it.

I typically dump my shards for Etched Sigil at level 33, as discussed above.

For the other mats, you just try for a reduced level 70 weapon at some point prior to level 40. You should craft a couple until you (hopefully) get one with ‘chance to xxxx’ on it. If it has life on hit, even better, but chance to stun/freeze etc. is more important. The goal with that is to reduce the number of secondary affixes in the roll pool so that you are more likely to be able to reroll reduced level requirement.

If you get one with chance to stun etc. then you reroll the other stat. Having chance to stun as one of the secondaries means that you don’t see any of the status effect rolls when you roll the other secondary, meaning the roll pool is much smaller so you are more likely to see reduced level requirement.

Having life on hit as a primary also means that you remove life on kill from the secondary pool. So it’s nice if you can craft one with both a status effect and life on hit, but focus more on the status effect since it removes more affixes from the pool.

Then you try and reroll the other secondary to reduced level requirement. If you aren’t getting lucky you might find it starts getting expensive to roll, so at that point you should cut your losses and try crafting another weapon.

1 Like

Save them for later. The nice thing about wizard is that you really don’t need much in regards to multipliers while leveling. Disintegrate convergence does awesome damage, pierces, is cost even with storm armor and astral passive, and can be boosted by multiple other skills for a lot of damage.