Season 20 Preview Notes?

Last season someone put up the s19 and D4 preview and got rid of the s18 is ending details.

Now they are following the normal order of things in which s19 has to wrap up first.

You already have insight to s19 via 2.6.8 PTR changes. The only people that need the official preview are the people who recommend S19 play styles. Let Blizzard get that together when the season is about to end or right after. :wink:

Later in the week.
You’re welcome.

Even if nev has them done they would still have to go through proof reading before posting

So we still don’t know if S20 starts on the 6th or the 13th… what a suspense :sweat:

I suspect the 13th. Everytime a new Seaspn starts super close to a season end with a new patch its full of bugs. So here’s hoping it’s 13th meaning players can test things as it is LIVE and actually give NS goers a chance before everyone disappears to S20

1 Like

Hey Kinceks,

The Patch 2.6.8 Preview Post should be coming out relatively soon. We’ve gathered all the feedback from the PTR as of last week and are finalizing patch notes, localization, and coordinating with regions in regards to a launch date.

Should hear something soon!

Thanks again.

11 Likes
4 Likes

While I always appreciate feedback, I can’t help but think whoever is typing the word ‘soon’ out at Blizzard is having a laugh when they do. That word has taken on all sorts of connotations in that company.

2 Likes

Season 20 start date will be released on…
FEBRUARY 29TH ON THE LEAP BARB YEAR!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:+1:

1 Like

Soon as in today soon? or just soon?

Blizzard Soon…

All Hail the return of Matthew!
Good things have been said in the prophecy of this!

Thank you for the notation. And what about the option to once again “pack” the season theme in to the regular game? I suggest a ring or an amulet (prefer the later) with a legendary affix “Increase your damage and move speed based on your kill streak, up to 100% damage and 50% ms at 1000 stack”. That would be wonderful for speed farming.

I don’t understand why do people actually care about the S20 preview note? I mean we got the PTR note last few weeks. It it’s not the S20 preview note will have a major changes or a new info. At best, it would have number adjustment for the new set items.

The S20 preview note should give us the start date, which many people (like me) do care about…

2 Likes

Because we like to see what changed between the PTR and what’s going live. You need look no further than S19. It’s precisely because of how massively they changed the Crusader set between what was tested on PTR and what they put onto live that they had to emergency release 2.6.7a to fix it.

As an example, there was a massive thread on the PTR Feedback forum from Barbs regarding the H90 set and its issues, e.g. lack of damage, lack of mitigation, the 2-piece damage bonus being self-defeating, and so on. I’d certainly like to see if they’ve addressed this for live as it will determine whether it’s a set I’ll play in S20 or just be another set to ignore.

1 Like

Most likely. The era numbers always exceed the PTR numbers by several GRs. WDs were very strong solo in the non-season PTR (GR 145). I would predict a reduction in their strength relative to the tested PTR version. Blizzard stated crusaders may need another reduction in power (solo GR 144 with PTR AoV nerf).

For wizards and barbarians, the PTR data is less clear. Wizards cleared GR 142 while the top barb clear was GR 138 (Frenzy). It is not clear to me at least how to extrapolate these to either top clear or 5K paragon power. For top clears with these builds specifically, they obviously will be higher if the PTR goes live without changes to these builds. The extent of increase is difficult to predict with certainty. Also, there is the consideration of the strength of current builds for classes that got “new toys” this patch.

I think some people just don’t realize that the season start represents a point in time where knowing all the final season changes against builds/items makes a huge difference with your overall progression and enjoyment of the game for the whole season. Especially if you already tested the new builds in the PTR. :wink:

My progression won’t change that much, since I just play like always: Play the Challenge rift for early mats, get the cube, “cheat” my way to 70 in 45-90 mins, finish the season journey, do some turns of bounties for all recipes, grinding grifts and switch to the best speed build asap and keep grinding.
Enjoyment? Maybe since I was never be able to play PTR due to connection issues. But the new Frenzy H90 build should be no different in gameplay from the current IK HotA build (which is what we’ll get next season) so I guess it won’t matter much.