Season 19 Guardian Not Resolving

you can have them met but not have enlisted from the previous step in the journey. you need to make sure you have actually clicked the box, If you did and still nothing it could just be a matter of logging out and then back in .

1 Like

You need to complete the previous chapters.

3 Likes

Nope, you can totally complete conqueror and guardian in one step. Enlisting has no effect. You have to complete all lower quests though to get a higher one.

1 Like

Not for me they would not complete until I had enlisted took me a bit to figure that one out the first time they had changed it to enlisiting on the next part of the journey

You can complete all the objectives, but you do have to enlist to get the rewards.

2 Likes

Taken from the Bug Report forum…

1 Like

I did the augment (conqueror) last. When I did it both conqueror and guardian finished and pet and portrait frames became available. I never had a chance to enlist for guardian.

One of the pitfalls of knowing, and completing, the tasks for higher ‘ranks’ in the task lists; you may complete those tasks and expect that you will receive the rewards for completing the tasks in that rank of the Journey, but you won’t.

Even though you complete all the tasks in a particular rank, the game doesn’t recognize that you have completed that rank until you have completed the one below it. Once you have completed the one below it, you will have received all rewards up to that point, and when you complete the next rank, you will receive its rewards.

For example, I have completed every task for every rank with the exception of mastering a Set Dungeon for Champion, which includes completing the Set Dungeon for Slayer. Every other Season Journey task in the game is complete. But I have received no rewards beyond Chapter IV. That’s because the game does not recognize that I have successfully completed any higher ranks until I complete the rank successive to Chapter IV, and so on, and so on.

Now assuming that I can master a Set Dungeon in one attempt, then that means the mastery will include the completion, it will fill in those two tasks for Slayer and Champion, and I will instantly go from chapter IV to Guardian, and collect all rewards for all of those successive ranks at once. At that point the Season Journey will be over for me.

Knowing the tasks for a rank, and completing those tasks, doesn’t mean you’ll receive the rewards for those ranks unless the game recognizes that you have completed them, and it won’t recognize that until you have completed the rank previous to it.

You had to have and just didn’t realize it.

No, you don’t.

In some seasons, I’ve done every single task all the way up to Guardian, but hadn’t done a set dungeon. This meant I was missing completion of Slayer (complete set dungeon) and Champion (master set dungeon). Obviously, as I hadn’t completed Slayer it would not have been possible to Enlist to Champion, Destroyer, Conqueror or Guardian. When I mastered the set dungeon, I was immediately awarded all of the chapter completions all of the way up to and including Guardian, including the associated rewards such as portrait frames and so on.

I’m pretty sure I took a screenshot of it at the time, but can’t remember how far back that was, so would have to search it out but rest assured, there’s no requirement to enlist to receive the rewards.

Here you go…

That was in a season where I was playing an Exploding Palm Monk. I did everything except the set dungeon on her, created a Crusader, did the Invoker set dungeon on it, then deleted the Crusader.

2 Likes

Yes but they actually changed it there was a point where you DID NOT have to enlist and it just gave you the steps but a few seasons ago they actually changed it to where you have to enlist to move on in the season journey even if you have completed the next step task wise .

it was like this if there were setps 1,2,3,4,5 you could complete setps 1,2,4,and 5 but not 3 . When you completed step 3 you would get credit for 3,4,and 5 . and you sesons would be complete . Now if you do the same thing you need to enlist for steps 4 and 5 each time to get the completion of each step even though you have already done them.

Nope. This season, after completing Chapter IV, I enlisted for Slayer. I completed all the tasks of Slayer except completing a set dungeon. I completed all the tasks of Champion except for mastering a set dungeon. I completed tasks in Destroyer and Conqueror. Then I ran the Immortal King set dungeon, and got mastery on my very first attempt. I was immediately granted Slayer and Champion, with the associated portrait frames being unlocked, and placed at Destroyer.

Your claim that you have to enlist to complete chapters is just plain wrong. I completed two chapters at once and, clearly, despite it being impossible for me to have enlisted for the second of those, I got the rewards immediately for both of the completed chapters.

You do not have to enlist in the lower parts but you do have to at the last 3(I think or 2 would have to look ) .you can complete a lower ones at one time or all at once if you have a step in a proior one but the one after finished .but if you do not enlist the higher ones you will not complete them until you do . it is not you have to enlist in ALL THE CHAPTERS just the last few . You are just plain wrong .I understand what you are saying and I am not disagreeing there . but you DO HAVE TO ENLIST the last few even if you have completed all the tasks to get credit and move on to the next tasks .

No. You are wrong. You do not have to enlist in order to complete the chapters. You just have to complete all previous chapters. Stop spreading misinformation.

Like another poster claimed, I completed all objectives of Guardian but I hadn’t augmented an item, so I didn’t complete Conqueror. As soon as I augmented an item, I received credit for Conqueror and Guardian without having to enlist.

1 Like

Then something is broken for me or you because since they implemented it a few seasons back I have had to enlist for the next chapter before moving onto it no matter if the next one was complete or not .

This season the augment was the very last thing needed to complete the entire season journey. Thus I completed Conqueror and Guardian simultaneusly. I did not have to enlist to complete Guardian.

I don’t know if there’s some undocumented changes done to the journey. A couple patches ago however the journey was changed that you can view all tiers from the start, maybe that also removed the need to enlist to the higher tiers.

Pretty much said that already, but nice screenshot.

How many hours do you have to spend on the Forum each week to keep that feature available to you?

I think the major requirement to obtain / maintain TL3 is reading enough posts in a rolling 100 day window. I tend to actually read very few of the threads, just the ones that pique my interest, in fact. The rest I just scroll through very rapidly without reading. The influx of non-ending Diablo IV threads has made this extremely simple for people to obtain TL3 if they actually want it. Of course, I think it’s pretty ludicrous to call it Trust Level anyway when what’s being measured is actually Activity Level.

Heck, when the forums were newly opened I queried if certain domains could be added to the trusted / whitelist which TL2 people could make clickable links to, as I thought if that was done very few people would care about getting TL3, especially as TL2 doesn’t decay. However, that thread was wrecked by people posting lots of embedded YouTube videos of cats and dogs.

1 Like

LOL…yeah, that’s why I think that TL3 is populated mostly by trolls, and so the requirement for that level of “Trust” defeats itself…lol

Hey, about the Slayer > Guardian thing, I do the same often because it’s fun and because Set Dungeons are a bit easier later in the game:

https://diablo3-stone.000webhostapp.com/_diablo/_img/SetDunJourney.jpg

Prior to this latest patch, you were unable to see what the next rank objectives were because you could not look at them in the list. However, if you went to some other source like https://d3resource.com/index.php and used his Journey Tracker, then you could complete the higher chapter objectives, and if you omitted, for example, the Set Dungeon mastery for Slayer and Champion, and using the Journey Tracker completed all higher objectives right up to Guardian, then regardless if the drop-down list would display any of the higher chapters, the instant you mastered that Set Dungeon, you would instantly complete all Season Journey chapters right up to Guardian, it would show you that you did, as amply demonstrated by the various screenshots provided, and you would receive all rewards for all chapters for the entire Season Journey.