Screen Bug - Grey screen and Static loading screen

I returned to diablo 3 recently and I’m having some pretty nasty problems.

in the middle of the game the game opens a gray screen and sometimes a static loading screen, a few seconds pass and it returns with the interface all buggy.

and there are times when this happens several times in a row, 5 to 6 times in less than 3 minutes.

I’ve done all possible tests.

I updated my video card;
repaired the game;
I reinstalled the game, cleaning all battle.net, diablo3 and blizzard residues entertaially;
I lowered the game quality to the minimum;
disabling everything, tested in lower resolutions

I found some errors about this gray screen, but they all happen because of the razer app synapsy, but I don’t have any razer components, and I even reinstalled my windows, and the problem still continues

I am having the same problem as well. :sob:

Hey Eukanhart,

This sounds like the video card or graphics drivers are crashing which causes the game to grey screen before recovering a few seconds later. If it has persisted after reinstalling Windows this could indicate there’s a hardware problem with the video card or a factory overclocking issue.

We may want to take a look at your D3Debug file to see if that gives any clues. If you have the game installed in the default location then the D3Debug file will be at:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Diablo III\x64\D3Debug.txt

Copy paste the contents of that in a post, highlight everything, then use the </> button in the posting section to format it. Or if the file is too long you can post it to pastebin.com and share the link here.

I posted at pastebin.com as it exceeded the text allowed here.
The post is OrangeJ D3 Debug File.

Hi,

You need to provide the link to the pastebin text… for example : https://pastebin.com/ABPhfgXm
I tried to find your debug file, but pastebin does not seem to provide a means to search for a specific title.

If you get a message that you cannot post a link… only post the part after the “/”
(that would be “ABPhfgXm” in my example above).

Cheers !

Sorry about it.
The link is OrangeJ D3 Debug File - Pastebin.com

1 Like

Thanks OrangeJ,

Looking at the D3Debug log I can see this error occurring a few times:

2022.04.27 05:59:42.715370100 Present - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - reason - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
2022.04.27 05:59:42.790636800 ShuttingDown graphics subsystem…

The DEVICE_REMOVED and DEVICE_HUNG is referring to your GPU. As I expected the GPU is hanging/crashing which is causing this problem for D3. This could indicate hardware or power issues for your 1080Ti, or if you are overclocking the card this too could be a problem. Try using the the Nvidia Debug option in Nvidia Control Panel which should remove any factory overclocking from the card, then test the game again.

Check for overheating for the GPU as well. If the problem continues, since you’ve already gone as far as reinstalling Windows, you may need to contact the GPU manufacturer for further help figuring out what might be causing the GPU to hang.

Lowering the graphics settings in-game and capping FPS to 60 may help reduce the load on the GPU and could possibly help with the freezing issue.

2 Likes

It did help.
Thank you. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

really, my video card was getting very hot, i cleaned it and changed the thermal paste to a good quality one and lowered the temperature and stopped giving the problem on the screen

Thanks all