#SAVEBARBS: update Mortick’s to also increase damage by 50% while WOTB is active!

So you work for Blizzard to tell the truth about this?

Just cause it might make more sense for you to use it for IK does not mean it’s meant for Ik alone.

As written plenty of times on this forum :

Free have wrote several posts about WHY Barbarians deserve buffs.
3+ years with nothing.

Every class got something for season 17, buffing old builds or some new ones, Barbarians got nothing.

Raekor. Go play it and see. It is the ONLY build that requires that much ramp up time before you can deal damage.
Sure, you can build 5 stacks somewhat easily and spent them. But one hit from Hota is not enough if you push.
There is no other build with such clunky design or that slow of a build up time.

WW. Rend is useless. WW alone cannot do much outside farming low levels. If you want to push you need the perfect gear, while every other build can do higher rifts with way less damage and less perfect gear.

Every build for Barbarian is below a lot of other builds. They wrote about not being finished with Barbarians, yet what we got is ONE item that does not even have anything new on it…

They had the resources and time last season for every other class than Barbarians.
All Barbarian players are asking for is the same.
No one here is saying “do more for us than other classes”.

No one.

But we dang sure want something like the rest got.

You do the same work like someone else. Same time spent. Same deal total.
They get paid more than you.

I can for sure tell you, that you would be the first to go demand the same amount of money like the rest got.

Just like we do.

There is no one here raging. Imo it’s about the liking of a game and class we have spent countless hours on playing from D1-2 and till now and will continue to like.

I am not a Barbarian main, I circle through classes, but what I want is the same. Fairness and equality.

1 Like

Where else would you use it? Raekor? I doubt it’d work at all.

Apparently they wanted Barbarians to stay zdps. Nothing so hard to understand. Any further changes will be delicate and;

1. Can shake current meta for zdps.
  2. Barbarians have problems on lag some of their skills may need some fine tuning for performance or a complete overhaul for their disoriented tick rate problems.

Those changes couldn’t happen with a few players’ essay, developers have to do it by practical meanings, such as coding and gameplay testing. Also I’m sure developers read and analyzed that page already.

No. But looking at the current changes I say they listen and I see why they hesitate to move further in a whim.

Listen? If they did they would never have dropped the mobile game last Blizzcon. They would never have written “we hear you” and then proceed to say nothing.

They wouldn’t have said “we are not finished with Barbarians” and then do nothing.

And you can’t defend yourself from what has been written already. Every class got something, Barbarians didn’t.

I really do not care much for discussing further, cause you have proven to be somewhat ignorant, blatanly ignore posts and writings.
You write about something you don’t know anything about.

Last season they buffed several legendary items for other classes, they could do the same for Barbarians.
I’m done here. Several people have proven you wrong and you keep defending Blizzard.

They followed the market by the news of their cash shop is a hit at China and took the consequences by a stock crash for 50% when they announced a project solely catered to it. There are more than one reason for that and major one is their own tailflick.

That’s why I believe you haven’t seen any real effort yet.

Because I kept whining about Rapid Fire on Demon Hunters and next patch they delivered. I knew it was easy enough to pull, if they didn’t give what you asked for it’s either about current meta or performance issues that they need time to repair.
None of you have any idea about how a seven year old game engine, let along any game engine works yet dictated how things should go by ignoring practice.

I believe if they could, they would. If you are not satisfied with their work schedule, you are free to do whatever you want. You can use Mortick’s on any Set you want for example.

And the written proposals would not require much to implement since it was calculated.
There were easy fixes to do as well.

For the last time.

Go read about what they have written to fix Barbarians. Even streamers and people knowing about the game is talking about how manageable it could be to do some of it.

Again, you defend Blizzad and you keep talking like you know what is easy or not to program. Yet lack the understanding : go read and do some research.
There is a reason why Free’s + company posts got so many likes. Cause they comprehended a guide to do it all for them… Do please understand this before telling more about something, when you don’t even work for Blizzard.

2 Likes

It’s not just about software coding and clickety-clack. There’s also a concern for shaking up dual zdps meta. Just skimming through Free’s proposal and there’s NOTHING about server lag when using WW-Dust Devils; he just wants those specs to get buffed so more people would use them to push and cause a burden. There’s NOTHING about disoriented tick rate or removing visual clutter for the spec. All I see are an essay about same WotW bonus apply to Rend…

Also we just recently got this post from CM;

If you think they have done nothing, why don’t you just yell at her for not doing anything for 3 years?

You are right, I don’t work for Blizzard. Yet that doesn’t prevent me from putting all this salt fest in my sights.
Free’s proposal got many likes and attention of Blizzard. Yet that doesn’t change the fact that they’re on it, and they gave you something to prove it. It’s your problem if you keep being pessimistic about it.

And the fact still remains :

Free wrote about this as well.

Nothing for 3+ years.
No update for any legendary items as other classes have gotten.
If they intent to do something for all classes, why didn’t Barbarians recieve anything in season 17, while every other class did? That is not talking about classes in general and doing something for everyone.

They implement an item that is outdated, nothing new about it and never tested. Cause if it were, they would realise, it does literally NOTHING to boost in the right areas.

Keep defending them and keep posting rubbish, cause that’s about all you do.
Proven again and again that you are wrong.

There were a lot of time they had to change things up. They just didn’t. They recycle already given season journey items.

Do you know how little time it takes running some legendaries through a meeting , then come up with some suggestions to redo them and then have someone changing it?
I am not a pc / programmer geek, but I can tell you this much, it does not require 3 months of work.

I am done here cause you seem to only want to play the defense game towards a company that more than 1 time have proven they don’t always care about their customers.
So go ahead and defend yourself with “laughing at you” , “salt” and “nerd raging”. Cause the rest of us want to debate and discuss what is still needed and more fair to every player.

And last part : I told you to do some research. I refuse to go tell someone it is poorly done, when she is only working with media stuff for Blizzard.
I would tell the same deal for those responsable = not fair to exclude Barbarian players out of this when every other class got something refreshing…

There’s NOTHING about server lag or burden on that proposal. What about YOU, provide some data then? Do you really think they do “magic” with coding? Don’t expect a miracle from a small crew.

You said it before, yet wanna increase your post count as much as me.

It takes longer than doing a group work in school. Expert. There’s gameplay testing beyond the coding, QA teams and feedback.

There’s NOTHING on that proposal about server lag. You just want 99999999% damage amplification on WW for no care about game engine or servers’ burden.

“Hurp durp yer wrong” changes nothing and all self-reflection. I did my part and I doubt you ever read that proposal.
Where’s the data? Where’s the tickrate? Where’s the mathcraft? Where’s the part you guy suggest reduced visual effects and inner cooldowns? Code doesn’t work on your imagination as fuel, it requires human work and touch.

She’s the one who does reports on player base and tell about them to the developers. You have no idea what are you talking about. Just like that proposal are miles away from technical issues, you are miles away from how things work around here.

1 Like

Naksiloth,

Nothing against you, but if you keep posting the kind of ignorant posts above, i will start reporting you for trolling and thread derailing.

I mean no harm, but listen to what people are saying, understand and inform yourself on game mechanics and required damage to achieve XX GR level.
To do what you are doing can only come from someone who doesn’t have neither the game / class knowledge nor the reading comprehension for understanding all the above.

I would advise you to take a break, read through again, and if you still have any doubts about IK, Morticks, WW, WotB runes, feel free to ask in the Barb forums and i will be happy to ensue a different attempt on how things work, why Morticks is irrelevant at any level and what is the purpose of this thread.

Also, you’re discussing specific matters of a class you openly admitted that you do not have experience. That alone should be enough for you to acknowledge your place in this discussion.

Thus, you’re derailing and trolling an otherwise fine thread.

8 Likes

Naksiloth you clearly don’t understand Barb mechanics or don’t bother to inform yourself on how the class works and until you do please stop posting rhetoric as if everything’s fine.

Slaughter does not work like you claimed it does.

You’re inserting a 5x multiplier based on CHD which doesn’t exist in reality. This is magical math you’re making up out of thin air.

Slaughter

While active, Critical Hits have a chance to cause an eruption of blood dealing 300% weapon damage to enemies within 15 yards.

The skill doesn’t say the resulting damage is a guaranteed critical hit.

The skill doesn’t say the resulting damage deals 100% of your Critical Hit damage.

The skill ignores dedicated skill multipliers.

The skill is not a guaranteed AD proc.

The skill is not even guaranteed to work off every critical hit. It’s a chance based on a proc coefficient.

It’s horrible, just like Arreat’s Wail.

7 Likes

My point of view, after reading all rage people against barb or defending barb is…

Wizards are over all classes

Blizzard please improve all classes Solo-play and stop giving love to Wizards

End of story.

1 Like

this Naksiloth dude reminds me of the one and only TLgamer. He has posted under many names on this forum. Feel free to check him out on youtube, here is a link when he talk about inarius set and LoN mage. Diablo III - S17 Inaruis Bone Build does not work (explantion in video) - YouTube. Put on a pair of owen mittens cause you might want to punch the screen.

1 Like

I can’t say I’m honored. Necro mage spec owns.

They wanted to give Immortal King a small push which is underperforming already. There was nothing beyond that. All I read is how they failed to do anything while Barbarians have more in-depth problems than “damage increase”. Those problems in subject will take them long to consider and solve as it may require them to pull an overhaul or nerf tickrate and inner cooldowns.

Those require meticulous playtests to pull, especially when they can not measure your reaction to their planned changes. I honestly believe your suggestions and their plans do NOT match together so they chose to take it slow.
Instead of playtesting for months and worrying if they break anything they gave you a small simple item for a general damage multiplier Set and a promise of more to come with an official reply.
If they can pull anything which is unlikely for this Season I believe, they will.

I thought Barbarians use HotA with dual wield emeralds? You have 50% natural ChD% from character which means you deal 1.5x on crit. Dual wield on emeralds adds 260%, gloves add 50% and amulet may have 100%; a total of 410%. Let’s add rings for 50% ChD both… and… yeah… Gets over 500% easily when you consider your own 100% base damage included in the multiplier.
Feel free to correct.

I can take being wrong as I didn’t notice it was about proc rates. Yet you people have to realize a very simple proposal won’t solve the issues of the Barbarian as problems are more technical than they seem.

The Slaughter damage effect is not a guaranteed critical hit, it onlys procs FROM critical hits and not every critical hit. Therefor your claim of a magical 5x damage multiplier based on CHD is a lie not based on reality.

Do you even read people’s posts before you reply? I pointed this out to you like 3 times now.

Please read and educate yourself on the game before you spread lies.

Is English your first language? Are you able to understand the wording used in the Slaughter rune?

4 Likes

I’d say inconsistent, but okay. As I gathered it can crit, but dependent on your own crit rating which has around a 50/50 chance not to. You called me a liar on ChD% rates, which I replied to that. I had no idea you were still repeating the same thing.
Still a reliable burst I think since it’s additional damage for a small area if you can topple enemies, but again it doesn’t benefit from anything other than IK Set itself. Which was the intention by the way.

Haha no. You tried to frame Slaughter’s damage effect as possessing a straight 5x damage multiplier and your reasoning was that you argued it’s a guaranteed critical hit thus always benefitting from 500% crit damage on a dual weild class. Only by positing that it’s a guaranteed crit can you arrive at such a large multiplier based on CHD.

That is a lie. Please stop spreading lies about the game.

By the way, a 500% multiplier would have been 6x increase, not 5x.

That is not how Slaughter works. It’s a bad rune and doesn’t give anywhere near the power from Morticks that you claimed. You didn’t even understand that it doesn’t even always proc and is not a guarantee—just like it’s not a guarantee that it will crit.

Please stay very far away from mechanics discussions when you don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re not helping anyone least of all the game.

7 Likes

Naksiloth,

Now that things are settled, let this stand as it is and let’s all move along.

In the meantime, there are two other threads than can help you understand where it all comes from.

If you haven’t read them yet, you’re missing the bigger picture.

Regarding the necessary time and testing for a proper patch across all classes, given the amount of player’s expertise in the forums, it wouldn’t be difficult to achieve better results in one season’s time.

To say otherwise is admitting lack of professionalism or weak time management skills.

Still, i agree with you on that few things were to be expected this patch.
But, in the very least, do not mock the players.

4 Likes

Yeah realized that a bit late.

To be honest when it’s a crit trigger I thought it’s guaranteed without seeing “a chance” there. There are many guaranteed crit triggers in the game.

Alright… Last time me being a nerd: Insanity skillrune makes Slaughter’s effective damage about 450% by 1.5x multiplier and I think that’s something, yet I admit it’s not a good measure for pushing above other specs. When it crits it’d be like an extra non-crit, non-WotB HotA hit and that’s all.

Totally theory-crafting here but I believe we’ll see its potential through that Dream gem where you can have 2 open slots for fear based Rechel ring and can abuse Echoing Fury. We’ll see next Season I think.

Edit: appears it’s a speed build since Echoing grants the bonus after-kill, possibly designed for a Frenzy spec… That new amulet for not being hit simply asks for mass crowd control or immense damage mitigation. Blizzard simply tells you to stay zdps this season. They have no idea how to shapen the meta…

Why don’t you actually open up the game, make a Barbarian, read the Slaughter text, and play with it and see for yourself?

“Critical hits have a chance to deal 300% weapon damage to all enemies within 15 yards” GARBAGE

“Critical hits have a chance to deal 450% weapon damage to all enemies within 15 yards” - GARBAGE

“Critical hits have a chance to deal 1000% weapon damage to all enemies within 15 yards” - STILL GARBAGE

This game revolves around multipliers and legendaries which boost skills several times over.

If the skill said “Critical hits affect all enemies within 15 yards” - THAT would be good. Because then it would not be a new weapon damage entry boosted by nothing and would take into account any skill.

5 Likes

Theorycraft presumes prior knowledge and background experience.

To do otherwise is to make yourself a fool or produce misinformation.

But feel free to test your ideas in PTR before posting about it again, and let us know if you could clear T16.

Nevertheless, i will share my experience with that particular rune.
When T6 was a thing, i had a Slaughter build that could clear it, alongside Mirinae procs i believe.
I also had another build which used Razor Strop build, and it was great fun.
Yet, inefficient.

Then T13 came and a rune rework was introduced over the past patches which rendered the rune utterly useless in all aspects, damage, procs, whatever.
Goes without saying that clearing T13 was not possible.

Now we have T16, and nothing damage wise has changed, except IK6 set bonus.
It’s been a while since i last played, but it doesn’t take much testing to acknowledge it won’t work.

Still, go to PTR, test it yourself and report results.
Until then, do as Ulma proposes.

2 Likes